main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Founder (VP) Announces Resignation

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MalcolmTolemac, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Dear New Boise Order Members,

It is with a heavy heart, yet great anticipation of the future at the same time, that I announce my resignation from the New Boise Order. This will be my last ?official? meeting with the NBO - at least in the roll of VP. Last month I expressed feelings of being ready to "throw in the towel" due to some frustrations I saw within the group. (I had finally reached a point where I needed to vent ? and I did to many of you.) Well, those frustrations still remain, however I still feel like something is pushing me to leave. I felt it was those ?disturbances? that were prodding me to leave, but it?s not. It was just a symptom of something bigger that isn?t really related to the group in any way.

You might want to know what were these frustrations?: Just growing pains any new group might have. I feel I could grow and have grown somewhat to deal with the problems I see and make the necessary changes. I could stay and ?fix? them, but I don?t feel I?m the one who is to do that. In some ways, I feel I was always ahead of where I felt the group should be. But as I said, I feel my real reason for leaving is more than that. It?s bigger, personal, outside of the group.

I feel like I really need to narrow my focus on film and be ready for the next chapter in my life. (The time I leave could be August or it could be later in October ? it could be tomorrow - whatever the case, I must bring enough closure so I'm ready for when the time does come.) I?ve been given such a passion and gift for film that everything else has just been a blur, clouded. I finally know what it is I?m to do ? it?s nice to not have to struggle with this anymore. I hope everyone finds their appropriate calling, their purpose!

I will still remain the project lead on the IMAX project because of its ties to film and the film industry (and what I'm learning I can apply to my career) and simply because it was specifically requested by the leadership of our charity we are supporting/benefiting.

If this group really wants to keep from "dying" I feel there needs to be a push to drive up its numbers. Those who are serious about the group and are into it for the group (not themselves or any one person)? they will remain and make the necessary sacrifices - and the group will thrive. The potential for the NBO is so great, but it will take all of you to see it, grab on for one wild ride and be willing to work through and frustrations and difficulties. The NBO is only fourteen months old and soon it?ll learn how to walk, be potty trained, and maybe most importantly speak! What a great time for those who remain ? how do you want your voice to be heard?

However the NBO decides to go on remember it?s only what you make of it. You?ll only get out of it what you put into it. Be visionary. Don?t settle for second best, but if you have to make them believe it?s what you planned all along.

Here I am trying to give advice. Just listen to Yoda; he might have stated it like this:

1. Don?t miss your purpose.
    2. Remember, if you?re a true Jedi, we?re all called to the same purpose.
    3. Plan ahead for everyone?s benefit. You don?t learn how to fight with a lightsaber the day you meet your first Sith. The better you plan, the easier it is to pick up the pieces or clean up the mess and move on.
    4. Stay fit. When you?re 800 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big. (Like start the training the next generation of Jedi.)
    5. Don?t listen to senators (critics); just get on with the job that needs to be done.
    6. Build your future on high ground ? again don?t settle for second best.
    7. For safety?s sake, travel in pairs!
    8. Speed isn?t always an advantage. See where it got Darth Maul?
    9. When you?re stressed out, float a while - and meditate.
    10. Remember the Jedi Order was not built overnight.
    11. No matter what the situation, when you have the ?Force?, you?ll always win.

Well guys, it's been a great ride, but now I need time to get ready for an even bigger one.

May HIS

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I found myself nodding as I read your post Marc. I resigned as CR of San Diego on April 30th, which was exactly two years from the date I became CR. I am still an officer though, but can totally relate to your post. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Linda :)

3. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Marc,
    You've been a great VP and you WILL be missed!!!! I can't believe you're actually leaving! It almost seems like a big joke....but I know it's not. I also wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors and if anything, I know that I've made a friend for life meeting you in NBO! Take care of yourself, keep strong, and don't forget to make God first on your journey, He will make all things new and clear for you! Hats off to you Marc!
    Kasey

4. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Marc,
    I too can sympathize with your position, having resigned as President of the IFSWA almost 2 years ago. Shoot me an email if you want to chat....

Doug

5. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Marc,

Good luck and thanks again for your great leadership. Hope to see you at our activities and meetings.

6. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for their encouragement, support, and understanding. I'll be looking for each one of you to come down for SW Weekends next May or June! (I should have my own Imp Officer costume by then.)

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The New Boise Order Really misses you. Thank you for your sage advice. It means more to me now than ever. Don't sunburn in December.

8. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    I am truely sorry to hear the news. I have never met you I feel that this decison came with a heavy heart.
    May The force be with you and have a nice and happy life with your loved ones.
    Tamara

9. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow. No one has posted on here since July. I didn't think I'd see this thread again.

Though it's been cold here (not as cold as Idaho), I don't think I'll sunburn, Commander. But thanks for the advice.

Tamara, thank you for your kind words. You're very insightful. This is only one of the groups I was in leadership of that I had to do this with. Boise was (and still is) home. And someday, I hope it will be again! Time will tell - I'll get school done and see what happens from there.

Speaking of school (just a quick update). The 1st semester of classes is over with (we're on a twelve semester system). I actually aced one of my classes to where I didn't have to take the final!!! The other class I got a B+.

Shortly before classes ended, Heidi and I went to her store Christmas Party and won a 27" flat screen TV (with DVD and VHS) - so when you're ready to play Xbox, COMMANDER, let me know!!

Christmas itself was a bit dull and dreary, both in the way of weather and Christmas Spirit - sure miss everyone, but the new DVcam I got from my Santa-in-Law (father-in-law) really helped to brighten our day.

Classes start again on Jan. 3rd and I'm looking forward to pressing on. In the mean time, we signed up for Hollywood Video's MVP and I've been "catching up" on my movie watching. I think I've seen close to fifteen movies (or more) since classes ended on the 19th.

Hope everyone had a great holiday - and thanks to everyone who called me from Kasey's party. No matter how breif, it was great to hear everyone's voice.

May HIS Force Be With You.

EDIT: everyone I had address for SHOULD have rec'ved their Walt Disney World Vaction Packetts before Christmas, so I'd better see some kind of effort in coming for SW weekends in May/June regardless of C3!

10. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    That's why I got that damn thing in the mail! I threw it away wondering how in the hell they got my address!
    LOL! I should've guessed! Sorry Marc, I guess you'll have to send another! How funny...

11. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    okay.... (next time, though... one plus one =) Just kidding! ;)

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    When I got mine, I almost threw it away, then it hit me and I knew it was you who sent it. Very clever...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.