main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Four reasons one of my votes is for Shelbi

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by breeland, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breeland

breeland Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    Four reasons one of my votes is for Shelbi.

1. Maturity- She is more mature than most people MY age.

2. Reliability- It is true that Shelbi has been to every meeting since she joined. When she is there, she is not afraid to speak up and give her ideas.

3. Confidence- Hey, any 15 year old kid willing to hang out with a bunch of 20-30 somethings voluntarily is pretty brave.

4. Wierd Al Yankovic- She may be only 15, but she is a fan and that makes her OK in my book.

On a side note, I just want to remind everyone that Star Wars is for everyone at any age. No matter how young or how old.
    We need people in our group like Shelby so we don't stagnate and get bored with each other. This is not an "Adults Only" club.

Just thought I would give my two cents worth.

Bree

2. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    And a very good to cents worth indeed Bree.

3. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I gotta say that I agree with Otto for once :D An excellent 2 cents and it is always nice see that teenagers still enjoy the films as much as we do.

4. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Well said, Bree. Well said. Shelbi has always impressed me with her passion for all things Star Wars.

I nominated Shelbi for one simple reason: she deserves it. Her constant participation in every single Tulsa FanForce event is something which I greatly admire. I think it is only fitting that she have a role in helping to guide our group into the future.

5. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    I agree with the vote for Shelbi. Not only for all of Bree's reasons but she keeps us older ones feeling young and excited about Star Wars.

6. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Thanks a bunch guys for all your support. I really appriciat it. All you guys meen a lot to me and have given me so much and made me feel so welcome. I just want to be able to give something back. Oh, and Bree:

Oh my my, this here Anakin guy
    May be Vader someday later - now he's just a small fry
    And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye
    Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"
    "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"

7. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    I don't know why she wants to hang around all of us old(er) guys. She does bring a refreshing breath of life into the group though. Especially making me go for yet another round of Laser Tag when she was clearly KILLING me.

However, I have to make it clear that I am younger than Amanda and don't know for sure if I should be grouped in with the "older ones" category. (Notice how I didn't say Amanda was "older" - brownie points :) )

8. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    We're adults ?[face_plain]

9. AladdinSane

Mar 2, 2003
    I might prefer the term "older children" than "adults" :D

10. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    The reason I hang out with you guys instead of people my own age is because they're WAY less mature. Russ, I hope you've recouperated from laser tag ok, and I hope I didn't cause too much pain. :)

11. AladdinSane

Mar 2, 2003
    Wow, that speaks very little of the people your own age. We've all seen how "mature" we people are. Scary - and the children are our future. You may be the most mature of the bunch - which is a good reason to gain votes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.