main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Mary Fourth Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn328

Aragorn328 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2002
    I'm back from my vacation!

I might be able to make it...not sure. :(

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome back. :)

We'd be honored if you would join us.

3. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Since wont be able to make the meeting on 4/13, where I guess the next meeting date will be discussed...I'd like to chime in for a suggestion. How does May 18th or 19th sound? Those of us going to Indianapolis for CCII will need a w/e to recoop (physically & financially) from the trek.

It was just a thought.

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I was hoping we could have one more meeting before the movie.

5. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Awesome Idea! (Never thought of that!) I guess thats why you were elected Supreme Chancellor.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's right, and don't you forget it! Now, bow before Zod. [face_laugh]

7. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    First he's Ian McDiramid, now he's Christopher Lee. But wait, are they not bith sith? Great Idea.......however that will leave me out......I'll still be in Indy the 6th and 7th (my two days off for that week) Oh well, better luck next time.

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Would you be free Sat. May 11th? We could have a meeting then. Also, we plan to have a midnight run to TRU on April 23rd. Could you make that?

9. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Which TRU is the planned meeting on the 23rd?

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, there was a topic about this. I think Glen Burnie was chosen, but I'll the bump the thread to ask again. Also, technically we'll be meeting Monday (22nd) night. Then, at midnight, it'll become the 23rd.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, there was a topic about this. I think Glen Burnie was chosen, but I'll the bump the thread to ask again. Also, technically we'll be meeting Monday (22nd) night. Then, at midnight, it'll become the 23rd.

12. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Thats about 2 1/2 hours away for me. I wouldnt get home till about 3:30am....and I gotta work at 4:00 the next day. Sorry man.

However I still move for a vote of a supplementary meeting in Indy.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Man, yeah, I don't want you to pass out at work.

I think the meeting in Indy's a good idea. I won't be making it, but at another meeting, or in line for Ep2, the no goers can be debriefed.

14. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I regret to say that i wont be at this meeting. A good friend of mine is having surgery, so i gotta show support.

15. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Has it been decided yet in which theatre CCFF would be seeing EpII? THAT I would deff travel for. Our local theaters are stone-age. Heck, When I went to see E.T., Fred & Wilma Flintstone were sitting infront of me. You try to enjoy a show with a purple dinosaur with an infant on it's head blocking your view.

16. ErrantVenture

ErrantVenture Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    I can't make it to the meeting this weekend, I have to work. Sorry.

17. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Hmmm...bow before Zod if I'm not mistaken is Terence Stamp, not Christopher Lee. Picky, picky, picky, I know.

18. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    It's "Kneel before Zod!" and Terence Stamp, who played Supreme Chancellor Valorum in TPM, kinda dissed Lucas after the movie was released. "You couldn't pay me enough to do another Star Wars movie." Bloody git.

Ian

19. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Wow! You got me! I guess I was thinking and typing a little too fast. How could I have made such a blunder?

20. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    It could just be me and my inability to follow a discussion thread past one page but I can swear I've seen the meeting date posted as April 13 as well as April 14. Can someone clarify which day the meeting will take place?

Also, as I'm new to these boards and have never been to one of your meetings before, what kind of things do you guys do at these get-togethers? Are they kid-Star Wars-fan friendly? Cause I got one of those who is an even bigger fan than me. Chip off the old blockette.

21. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Greetz mon-mothma! Yes we are a "kid-friendly" organization. My 6yr old comes to the meetings every once in a while. We would be honored if you would join us. The more the merrier!! :D

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome! The meeting's are completely kid-friendly, they're all-ages-friendly. We usually just discuss plans for the movie and general Star Wars stuff.

The meeting will be this Saturday, the 13th. I don't think we've finalized a location for it yet.

And sithspawn, at our last meeting I think we decided on Hoyts West Nursery for the theater.

23. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I'm afraid I've never heard of West Nursery.
    What city is that in?

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It's in Linthicum, very close to BWI Airport.

25. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Thanks man!! Keep me posted if they are doing a midnight screening or whatever. When they release the info that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.