main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Fox 17 NEWS is Covering Our STAR WARS Line Event!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I just got off the phone with Miranda Cohen from Fox 17 news. She is going to be doing an interview with me at the Thoroughbred to talk about our line-party and charity fund raiser. This is the first part of a three part series on local STAR WARS fandom. Thanks to Toymaster for helping in setting this up for us. :D

Someone from Fox 17 news is also going to be at the Wal-mart at Cool Springs tonight. Hopefully someone in management will have the foresight to rope the area off so that people aren't sneaking away with toys before midnight. I just spoke with the manager of the toy department and I got the, "That's the third shift. I'm not on the third shift. Whatever they plan on doing on the third shift that's up to them. I'll have to talk to the manager and ask him if that's what he wants to do." :p

Boy, it just sounds so wonderful to be a part of the Wal-mart team. If anybody has any contacts with Wal-mart (Mynocknotyours ;) ) is there any way you can see if you can talk to the manager into roping the section off before midnight? It's not going to do us much good for news coverage (or obtaining those prized toys) if everyone is sneaking away with them and walking around the store with them for two hours. Also, if you can't get a hold of them, see if you might be able to get there early and stick some shopping carts or something in front and in back of the isles to block them off. I'll try to be there early (9:00 ish) to scope the place out too.

EDIT: Well either the camera guy from FOX either decided to bail after seing that at midnight that the Cool Springs Wal-mart wasn't even close to being ready or he didn't show up at all. There were probably about 10 people total. Not a real big crowd, but enough to snatch up the Anakin lightsabers and the 12" figures. At least I got the whole set. :) I can sleep peacefully now. I'll catch you all tomorrow, or later today. Sheesh! It's going to be a LONG Tuesday. :(

EDIT 4/25 Miranda Cohen told me Tuesday that nobody was working that late to show up anyway. That's probably why she caught a MOM shopping for EP2 toys ;)

2. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    My interview with Miranda Cohen, entertainment reporter for FOX 17 news, will air at 10:00 after the Empire Strikes Back on Thursday, April 25th. In this interview at the Thoroughbred this afternoon she asked me about what it is about STAR WARS that everybody loves and also about our line-party at the Thoroughbred and Charity Fund raiser. The next two parts will entail costumes, of which I recommended Jedi Toren and Skip, and collecting of which a friend of ToyMaster who used to run the TN collector website is going to do.

I forgot to also mention that FOX 17 News will be broadcasting Live from our line-party event.

3. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Just a reminder that The Empire Strikes Back is on Fox 17 tonight starting at 7:00 CST. Immediately following is the FOX 17 news and Miranda Cohens interview with me at the Thoroughbred :D

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Scott, be sure and tape that show. I plan on it but my VCR has been acting up. Thank ya!

5. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    ha thats cool...i will be watching

someone has to tape it...and get it online

6. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    who will tape it and get it online so the whole TFN world can see it?

7. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hmmm... good question. If it was in DV format, I could get it up. But since it will be on VHS, I am not sure. I will see if I can get it transferred over to DV, then into my computer for editting.

Scott, you want your face splashed over the world... dontcha? :D

8. Evil-Paul

Evil-Paul Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    I can record the story and make an mpeg out of it.

-Paul

9. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Thanks guys ;)

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    AOTC interview with FOX to air at 10:44 p.m.

11. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    you guys watching? its on at 10:44

12. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    ya kir kanos...do you have aol im?

13. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    ha was that you in the preview?

14. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Heh, heh... "Scott Johnstone."

15. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    he has that "voice"

16. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Scott, you got ripped. That mom got more air time.

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Yes, but I'm not thrilled with how it went. They didn't mention our fund raiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, nor our website. I made a point of mentioning both and spoke of our fundraiser and our programs. I also said that for more information on our line-up be sure to visit www.NashvilleForce.com . I guess they only had so much time to give this story. I had no idea they were going to include the toys with this news story. At least they mentioned our line-up at the Thoroughbred20. I guess we are going to have to rely on the radio stations for building our line-party event and charity fund raiser.

As far as the mom getting more air time. Miranda is about to have twins, so I guess she has a real affinity for fellow Moms. Oh, well. What can you do.

18. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I was thinking/hoping the fund drive would be mentioned. I thought the toys would be mentioned in a later segment. (next week?)

19. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    Anyone capture it? Let's get it up on TFN so we can be the best fanforce!

By the way...you actually think that a thousand people will show up?

20. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    they did put the party out in a positive note though, and it was on tv, so I guess a little press is better than no press... I thought you did a good job!

21. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Thanks JediChic07. :) My throat was unfortunatley dry from not only being extrememly tired due to Wal-mart in Cool Springs waiting until midnight to even start stocking toys and also due to my seasonal allergies. :(

Miranda Cohen from Fox17 told me after the interview that they would definitley be there to cover our line-party so perhaps they will make a point of mentioning our fund raiser for the JDRF then. Between now and then people are liable to forget all about this, so it's probably better that they mention it while it's occuring. At least, I'm sure the other media stations took notice and perhaps may be contacting us soon. At the very least I would think they would show up at our line-party event.

I think we need to get this line-party started in the late afternoon of the 14th. That will enable us to make people aware of the line-party when they get home from work & see us on the news.

22. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I made sure to ask off for the 15, and 16,..so I should have no prob getting there late on the 14th if necessary. Let me know if you need me to do anything.

23. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    hey scott- you said 1000 people to line up? is that true?

24. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    No problem! I hope the event is all we hope for and more, fox news or not!!! :)

25. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    At least! I figure that the Thoroughbred will probably be getting 4 copies of the film. That's two theaters that seat around 450 = 900 and two theaters that probably seat about 250= 500. They will definitely sell out. That's a grand total of 1400 people. We are printing 1000 programs. At a minimum donation to the JDRF that's $5 x 1000 = $5000 for charity! You have to also figure that there may very well be some people who don't have tickets to the premiere that want to show up anyway, just for the line-party even. Actually one of the incentives for people to come- will be a chance at winning premiere tickets. Later in the evening we will have either a game or a drawing for these tickets! How's that for a little incentive ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.