main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Fox 17 NEWS is Covering Our STAR WARS Line Event!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Once FOX and 105.9 start broadcasting, that's bound to help draw the crowd.

2. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The sad thing is that I will actually be in Memphis when it opens on the 16th. I am glad since Memphis is getting 4 digital projectors! I will be seeing it at the Majestic 700 seat auditorium digitally!!!!!!!

3. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    i thought the interview was pretty good- i agree tho, that mom got,what seemed like, more time! and she thinks Nat is HOT! LOL ;) it was just funny to hear a 'mom' say that.

i didn't like that they didn't mention the fundraiser, but like you all said i'm sure they will at some point...
    i also remember why i don't watch Fox 17 news....they couldn't even get the time straight....that was hilarious. hehe ;)

4. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    fox 17 news also has the way of letting each anchor finish each other's sentences...annoying

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Scott, I will try to get the footage into my PC soon and get it uploaded to the NashvilleForce.com website.

I will let everyone know when it is up.

Also, is there another spot next week?

6. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    they will be talking about old collectors items next week

7. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    This was part of a Three part series on local STAR WARS fandom:
    The first being about AOTC and our line-party
    The second about collecting
    The Third about costuming.

Toy Master will probably be able to get us the exact info of when, but I would think that they would be in consecutive Thursdays after Return of the Jedi AND Episode I. Unfortunately I will miss next weeks as I will be in Indiana for CB2 :D

8. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    Looked good scott, you guys did a great job.

9. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    That spot on fox was weak.Scott did a great job but they are out of touch.The mom that happened to walk up to the toy isle (where there happened to be cameras)was more interesting to them then promoting the line up.Is that lady the person they interviewed for the collecting feature as well? Or did they find some kid at great escape buying clearanced EP1 figs to talk to!
    I would like to know who they will be talking to on their costuming feature,if they have one.I havent met any people with movie quality costumes other than those of us in the 501st.I hope they at least found someone who actually makes/wears costumes and doesnt work behind the counter at a "collectible" store.You guys are doing a great job down there ,those of us up north of town are with you.
    skip

10. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    If anybody is interested in having their collection featured as part of next weeks "Star Wars" segment on FOX 17, send my a private message. The guy that I was trying to get lined up for Miranda to talk to still hasn't answered my e-mails. She'll be looking for someone who has lots of cool stuff, has it well-displayed (this one counts me out), and is knowledgeable on the subject.

Skip, be sure to check your private messages! Did you get the one that I sent you earlier this week?

Later,
    -Toymaster

11. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I dont think i got that email.Last summer We added onto our house.I now have an entire room in my house that is dedicated to my stuff.It is my home office and has walls of shelves containing new and old figures and toys.it also has my royal guard costume on a mannequin and is very neatly organized.Send me an email tonight and i will send you some pics.I have about 70 vintage figs and half are with the cards.i also have many vintage ships and an atat & atst.I started collecting 12inch figs a while back and have a bunch of those too,i have a a loose dewback/trooper and a loose tauntaun/solo out on display.I also have a pepsi R2D2 cooler.Ive been collecting halloween masks as well so i have about 10-15 masks on the shelves by the ceiling.Im also a fan of KISS and have a framed "peter criss" signed poster flanked with the first issue spawn/kiss figures.Not to mention all the sabers & props i have displayed as well as a near complete Darth Vader costume .I will take some good pics tonight and send them to you,email me.My wife says im spoiled,im thinking shes right!
    thanks skip

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    ALRIGHT!! Another fellow KISS fan!!

Ok, did you go to their farewell concert?

13. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh Yeah! i can still here that guitar riff from detroit rock city when it was dark and they came down from the top.
    That concert was great.a friend of mine won tickets on 102.9thebuzz so we went for free!

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread... but that concert kicked some MAJOR buttox. :D

15. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    No problem, I want to be a part of what you guys are doing.Being an hour north of you kind of screws things up for me. I am almost done with my "vader" setup and am hoping to come down to the line party in full costume.I wont be able to stay for the movie 'cause i gotta work the next morning.I should have a stormtrooper with me also.Maybe we could get a few of us together to talk to FOX17 about collecting and costuming.everyone could bring props and stuff and set up a little studio or something.I do have a killer room setup and would love to have a few of you guys out to my house and we could all talk to FOX but i dont want to steal any glory from what you guys are working for.
    I wonder what would happen if i showed up at the fox station may15 around news time dressed in a vader suit?
    HHHmmmmmm

16. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Can you bring the Artoo cooler to the line-party? We have access to an electrical outlet :D

17. LanceWindu

LanceWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    Personally I think they should have plugged the web-site during the interview. You know just a little thing below Scott's name.

18. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I can but its not an electric cooler.it holds drinks and ice and then has a water tap on the outside to drain the water,only mine is missing that so any liquids would fill up the bottom.I was telling napolean at the meeting that a guy came around my friends work selling junk and said he had a life size r2d2 for sale for $50! i told my friend "get it" he went back and offered the guy $25 and i got it!it was the cooler.after that my kids thought it would be fun to play with him and they cracked the top.so i fixed it and painted the underside of the clear lid silver and it looks pretty cool sitting there.I had thought about putting lights in the top so if it still could be used for display maybe i could do it in time for the line up and bring it anyway.
    skip

19. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Skip,

It wasn't an e-mail, it's a private message. You can check it throught the forums page as long as you are logged in.

-MEL

20. d8camjordan3

Nov 14, 2001
    skip1- you are coming to the lineup but not the movie? thats the most major bummer i have ever heard of

21. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I have to work wednesday and thursday.I have alot going on at my job and i need to be there.I am doing career day at my sons school on friday may10 and im doing an appearance at the H'ville pizza inn on tuesday may14 so i planned on coming down in costume for a little while wed. night and have a good time then ill go see the movie over the weekend.Ive waited this long i dont mind a few more days.Patience young jedi

22. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Thanks for making an appearance in your costume at least. The more 501st members and others we can have in costume at this line-party, the better the STAR WARS atmosphere is going to be. I'm bringing my Jedi / Even Piell outfit. :) I'll put it on in the early evening on Wednesday. I would just feel to gross wearing it the whole time, especially since it's probably going to be at least in the eighties out there.

23. Evil-Paul

Evil-Paul Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm having video card problems, so I won't be able to digitize the segment. Sorry.

-Paul

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I will try to get the footage in a downloadable format soon. I have to work everyday right up until C2, so bare with me.

25. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Elan-Rai,
    Do you have all the fan films in your computer. If you do, that's something that we could burn on the 25 CDs. We might as well fill them up with goodies including the AOTC trailers. If you could make a CD with the fan films that are playable in moth mac & pc, that would be even better. Either JediToren or I could then burn copies of these. I also have a CD label maker we could use. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.