main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Fox Entertainment in Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    I have copied the info about the Fox release enjoy!
    Again I do not know (yet) if they will come to Victoria.
    Randy

Hey all,
    Here is the plan for the Toronto HMV appearance. This is just just a rough draft and it may change. What will not change is the date and time.
    Overview
    Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (TCFHE) is releasing the much anticipated Star Wars Trilogy (SWT) on September 21, 2004. Media Profile has been asked to provide public relations recommendations to raise consumer awareness for the DVD release.

Toronto
    TCFHE Canada is coordinating a midnight opening of HMV¹s flagship Toronto store to create excitement and build media awareness around the release of SWT. HMV will promote the midnight opening in Toronto with
    advertising and offer one free SWT box set for best costume in the line up. If possible, other possible prizes should be sourced and presented to fans who participate in the midnight line ups.
    At 10:30 p.m. a Fox spokesperson will deliver a brief presentation of the SWT highlights to fans in line. At 11:10 p.m. a Fox or HMV spokesperson will present a SWT for the best costume. At 11:15 p.m. the doors will be opened to allow fans to purchase SWT.
    Media Profile will contact Toronto assignment media on September 20th to encourage cameras to cover the event. The timing of events is designed to create a compelling camera opportunity for print and 11 p.m. newscasts.
    A photographer will be hired to take a photo for distribution on the wire at the earliest possible time.

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm surprised you didn't hear about this weeks earlier through the 501st, Randy. They're doing stuff through the HMV in Edmonton because of Fox's promotion, and have been planning it for some time.

Let us know if they're doing it here. Usually Victoria gets skipped in things like this because we're smaller than places like Vancouver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.