main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Foxboro Forum poster bio's

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Please tell us something about yourself here it?s nice to get to know a few of your fellow posters here.

Name: Christopher Wilkins

Member of Jedi Council forums since: 03/03

Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards: Foxboro, Providence, New Jersey, Boston,
    Fanforce Celebration III , and Collecting

Other message boards Rebelscum.com and NewJerseyOrder.com

Favorite Star Wars movie:
    I have to say A New Hope, because it drew me into Star Wars at 5 and a half years old, but The Empire Strikes back will always be right up there. I like them all really.
    I really liked Phantom Menace a lot too even though a lot of others hated it.

Favorite Star Wars Character(s):
    Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Emperor, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, and Count Dooku.

Favorite hobbies relating to Star Wars:
    Collecting, Comic Books, Star Wars novels(only read ones between Episode 1 and Episode 6 for now), soon I plan on getting into costuming too.
    I also like the games, I love Epic Duels and just started playing and collecting the SW miniatures game.
    For Video games, I don?t play much but I do like Battlefront, and my old school Atari and Colecovision SW video games. And going to conventions, been to Celebration 2 and going to Celebration 3 in April.

Favorite things outside of SW:
    I love sports especially the NFL. The Patriots are my favorite team..of course.
    I love Halloween [face_pumpkin]it?s my favorite holiday.
    I enjoy going out on the weekends with friends to clubs or bars and go dancing.
    I enjoy going to concerts and seeing local live bands . I go every March and see the Dropkick Murphys play in Boston. I just saw the Donnas this December and they rocked!!!
    I like the symphony and enjoy opera also.
    I enjoy cooking, I watch Rachel Ray [face_love] on the Food Network who I learn some good dishes from.
    I like cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and horses.
    And of course a great movie from time to time.
    In the spring and summer I usually have a cookout at my house and invite all my friends.

Things upcoming in 2005:
    Well we have the Foxboro Imperial Syndicate chapter becoming official , Celebration III in Indianapolis, and of course Revenge of the Sith!!!!

Things I would like to see with the chapter:
    I would like to see us really working to do some charitable things. There are many worthwile causes, one in particular would be helping raise money for the Jimmy Fund and cancer research. The American Cancer Society has the ?Relay for Life? which start up in the spring which is held in numerous towns.

I would like us to work together with other regional chapters and assit with them anyway we can.

I hope we will have a enthusiastic membership that is looking forward to starting new things and some partisipation other than monthly meets.

We will be respectful of each other and not to cause uncomfortable situations between members and other fanforce groups.

I am looking forward to having some great ideas for chapter logos, t-shirt ideas, and possibly patches.
    I don?t think we should limit it to just one, a variety would be nice.

Hopefully organize a meet up with other members and fanforces at Celebration III.

That?s all I could think to say for now. I probably left a few things out.
    If you have any more catagories to add to your bio information please do so.

Thanks,
    Christopher

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Name: Evie
    Member of Jedi Council forums since: 07/03
    Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards: Boston, Foxboro, Providence, New Jersey, New York City and New Haven.
    I don't have a favorite Star Wars movie, I like them all a lot. :)
    Obi-wan Kenobi, Leia Organa
    I used to do a lot more collecting of the various books concerning Star Wars and the EU.
    I love the Red Sox...of course. I go to school at Fairfield University in CT. (Go Stags! :) ) I like reading, running, hanging out with my friends, etc.
    Things upcoming in 2005:
    Revenge of the Sith...YEAH!!! :)
    It would be nice to see this chapter become official this year! :)

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, I'll play :D

Name: Mike Kearney

Member of Jedi Council forums since: 07/04

Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards: Foxboro, Boston, Collecting

Other message boards Rebelscum.com GalacticHunter.com

A New Hope. I consider it the first "grown up" movie I ever saw. Remember pestering my mother for MONTHS before she finally caved in and took me to see it.

Luke, Vader

Collecting. I bounce back and forth between modern and vintage stuff. Also pick up the occasional autograph when possible. Used to do the costuming thing a few years back but gave it up after my fellow costumers and I went our separate ways. Looking forward to C3 in April!

Spending time with my wife and son. Going to Patriots games and the occasional Red Sox or minor league hockey game. Puttering around the house looking for things to do. Decorating the house for the holidays (Christmas and Halloween). Traveling, try to go somewhere new atleast once a year, finances willing :)

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Name:
    Mike Brunco

Member of Jedi Council forums since:
    06/03

Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards (in no particular order ;)):
    Foxboro, New Jersey, Boston, Cleveland, Costumes and Props, and Collecting.

Other message boards:
    currently none

This is a tough one, but I'm going to go with Attack of the Clones, the visual effects in that movie just blew me away.

Anakin/Darth Vader, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan, Luke, and Kyle Katarn (even though he's only in EU)

Collecting - Right now my collection is made up of Unleashed figures. I'm not that big of a collector of action figures so in that aspect I'll probably just stick with them. I am working on making a lightsaber collection, purchasing kits and building them myself.
    Video games - The Jedi Knight series, Rebel Strike 3, and soon Republic Commando.

Spending time with the wife and kid. I love watching baseball and football. Going to the movies.

Things upcoming in 2005:
    I'm hoping to make it to a meet one of these days (really... I am trying), and I heard there's this new movie coming out in the spring that's supposed to be this really BIG thing, I think it's called "Revenge of the Sith"!!!!

I agree with hcfan, it would be nice to see you guys become official.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Name: Scott

Member of Jedi Council forums since: Mar 02

Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards: I don't really have a favorite one anymore

Other message boards: Boston Herald Sports,Comic Book Resources Forums

I have to go with The Empire Strikes Back.

Luke Skywalker,Han Solo.

Comic Books and novels( the Donnas this December and they rocked!!!

Favorite things outside of SW: Sports,comics and movies(if they are about sports or comics it's a bonus)

Things upcoming in 2005:
    Getting this chapter off the ground.Going to Chicago to see the Sox take on the Cubs.Hall of Fame Induction for Ryne Sandberg(I've almost arranged to meet him there :D ) plus an independent film called Revenge of the Sith.

I'm not really sure.At this point I'm looking at it as a chance to see some people I haven't seen for some time.After that? Who knows.

6. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Name: Aaron

Favorite forum: 3SA (put your helemt on)

Other Boards: www.oaklandraidersdarkside.com

Fav Star Wars film: Return of the Jedi

Fav Charactor: Too many, maybe Vader/Anakin

I love collecting various Star Wars items and reading some of the books

Fav outside Star Wars: The Oakland Raiders! My wife and daughter :)

What I am looking forward to most in 2K5: Seeing my daughter's first year of life and watching the Raiders come to Foxboro next season and taking care of the Patriots!

For years I have wanted to join a Star Wars fan based club. Not much ever comes of it, but here I am and can't wait to meet up!

Go Raiders in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards! Congrats on becoming a father! :)

8. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks!

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Welcome Aaron!! :)

Always like to hear from someone new on our forum.

We are planning a February meet now if you like to attend that would be great.
    You can look on the Meet #2 thread on our forum.

Hope to meet you soon.

10. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    Name: Chris

Member of Jedi Council forums since: 05/02

Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards: Jedi Council Community, ROTS Spoilers

Other message boards: None

Favorite Star Wars movie: I love them all, but ROTJ might be my favorite simply because I always like the conclusions of stories the best.

Favorite Star Wars Character(s): Yoda, Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Han, Luke, Vader, Lando

Favorite hobbies relating to Star Wars: I like reading the EU and I enjoy playing the Jedi Knight video games on occasion.

Favorite things outside of SW: I love my Boston sports teams, especially the Pats. Bill Belichick is my hero. I enjoy studying history, politics, philosophy, and classical literary works. I play some golf and soccer in my spare time, and I'm an avid reader. Oh and I love my friends. ;)

11. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    ^bump^

I know there are a few more of you out there tell us something about you. :)

12. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Even though I don't think I'll post here frequently, here goes:

Name: Richard Vogel

Member of Jedi Council forums since: Officially 8/03, but I've only been posting regularly for the last year or so.

Favorite forums on Jedi Council boards: Boston, Providence, Games: Board and Video Games

Other message boards: CRS Morning Star CommNet, MECantina.com, JCouncil.com SWForums, X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Forums, the boards on the official site, LucasForums.com, LucasArts tech support boards (yes, I have very little life [face_laugh] )

Favorite Star Wars movie: Return of the Jedi...unless I think the battle in "Revenge of the Sith" beats it, it has the best space battle. It is also the first movie I paid my own money to see. :D

Favorite Star Wars character(s): Han Solo, most of the Rebel fighter pilots, General Veers (my idea of the ideal Imperial officer)

Favorite hobbies related to Star Wars: Gaming, especially the space combat sims, writing fan fiction in fits (still haven't finished my first POV (Point Of View) story for the Morning Star site :( ), and attending fan events (meeting Anthony Daniels @ last year's Supermegafest was a thrill).

Favorite things outside of Star Wars: I'm a huge sports nut, so it stands to reason 2004 was the year of my life, with both the Red Sox and the Patriots winning. I like music, with my tastes running more toward rock/metal, though I like a lot of old-school hip-hop as well. And I'm usually on chat, with my favorite haunts being the Boston channels on EFnet and Undernet IRC (Internet Relay Chat), the Red Sox and Patriots channels on EFnet, and the Boston:1 room on Yahoo.

Coming up in 2005: Revenge of the Sith, hopefully CauldronCon, Wizard World Boston, the Museum of Science exhibit, and Supermegafest

13. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.