main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Foxboro Imperial Syndicate's Social Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey how is everyone?
    Just thought this would be a nice little thread to have a talk with other people on this forum and get more better aquainted.

Talk about daily happenings or whatever you want.

Well I was glad to see that Terrell Owens is getting dumped by Philadelphia Eagles this season. He is a great football player but my impression is that he thinks he is the only person on the team. He seems so in need of attention, maybe he should get some counciling.

A bold and needed move by the Philadelphia organization. =D=

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Agreed. As great a player as he is, he's a major ****** and Philly did the best thing for their team by dumping him. I don't think the suspension will stick, but it doesn't matter because they'll just deactivate him for the rest of the season like the Buccaneer's did with Keyshaun Johnson a couple of years back. The Pat's also did a similar thing with Terry Glenn back in 2001.

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    It was a pretty bold move to suspend TO. I am not sure how they will do without him the rest of the season. Yeah he made a few not so good comments, but he is frustrated and when someone is frustrated things are said. Granted he has said alot of crap since he first landed in Philly but they knew that coming in. I don't support TO but I do think that an indefinite suspension is a lil harsh especially when the team is going to need him and a healthly McNabb. I don't see them winning the East like they have done the past 3 or 4 yrs I forget how many times they won that division.

All I can say is as long as Da Bears and the Steele Curtain win I am happy as a pig in a blanket. lol

4. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I am trying to get things straightened out with my car it seems the guy who backed into my car hasn't informed his insurance company. So I will have to wait until his insurance company helps out with my rental car reimbursement.

Tomorrow morning I have to head to Bar Harbor in Maine for a wedding.

It is going to be about a 6 hour drive. :oops:

I plan on sleeping or watching DVDs on the way up there.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Aw jeez, someone backed into your car? Was the damage extensive to the point where you can't drive it? I'm sorry to hear that Chris, but at least you didn't get hurt.

I had an accident with mine as well. Last month on the way to drop my kids off at my parents before heading off to the Pats/Chargers game, a freaking deer ran out in front of my car. Even with my expert outer-rim piloting skills, he still managed to glance off my fender, putting a good sized dent in it along with taking some of the paint off of it.

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I am glad you made it out of yours ok, mine it was very small only $582 dollars, according to the appriasal.

Well I am at Atlantic Oakes on Mt. Desert Island in Bar Harbor and it is beautiful up here.

I did see a deer today crossing the road. No Moose yet.

The view of the water is spectacular.

The ride up wasn't too bad only 5 hours. It's a little cold but not as cold as I would of thought.

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Ouch on the car that sux. I am lucky to have avoided accidents. knock on wood. After my near involvement on 95 in Rhode Island coming from Attleboro I have been more careful. That one was a wake-up call of sorts for me. Make a long story short a guy in the north bound lane lost control went through the grass median and hit the guy directly in front of me. That guy ended up resting on the shoulder right next to a barrier. I barely missed the guy in front of me say by an inch or so. The guy who last control ended up in the fast lane facing the direction he came from. I don't know how I missed the whole thing to be honest I wasn't even thinking at the time I just drove. Not sure if the force was protecting me or that it was my skills as a hillbilly racer that helped out. lol

Anyway, Sounds like you are having a great time up there in ME. I like going up there nice a peaceful. We always go up to Old Orchard Beach in the summer. My wife's family goes for 2 weeks I go up for a couple weekends and my family is up there for a week. They get to drive my wife nuts. lol

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I wanted to post in here about the passing of Eddie Guerro WWE and former WCW & ECW wrestler. He passed away this morning in a hotel in Minneapolis. Apparently he had a heart attack while brushing his teeth. They (Chavo his nephew and security) found him on the bathroom floor according to reports.

He will be sadly missed that is for sure. He was one of the best wrestlers and entertainers that the WWE had. IMO. He was extremely gifted wrestler and very fun to watch.

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I can't believe Eddie is dead. :eek:

He was very entertaining and part of a family of wrestlers that goes back more than 30 years.

I enjoyed his antics at times, they would crack me up. What can I say I like the bad guys in pro wretling.

I hear that there will be something done in memory of him on tomorrow's Monday Night Raw.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Have you noticed that in the last couple of years the number of pro wrestlers that have died at such young ages?

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    It definitely was a shocked to say the least when I read the news yesterday.

Both RAW and Smackdown this week are having tributes. They were doing a supershow in Minneapolis yesterday and from what I read the shows should be very good for a change.

It is pretty sad to see that some of the wrestlers I enjoyed like Davey Boy Smith, Pillman, Owen Hart, Eddie, etc were taken before they hit 40. It is simply amazing to see that not sure why that is, unless all the partying that you hear about has something to do with it.

R.I.P. Eddie - Viva el Guerro

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Bar Harbour. A very nice place indeed. My wife and I went up there for the weekend to celebrate our 1st anniversary. We had a great time. Lots of great restaurants to eat at.

Do they still have that pizza parlor/movie theater with all of th couches? That was a really neat place to see a second run movie.

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Aaron if you read this give me a call on my cell or home phone.

I need to talk with you bud.

Or I am coming to your house. o_O

I hope everything is alright.

13. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey did anyone here or someone they know get up early yesterday or today and go shopping.

Any good savings? I heard the nickname for the early shopping after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday".

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I went yesterday but not at the crack of dawn. I went to Home Depot around 6:00 for their specials on tools. I needed to replace a cordless that blew up so that was a good thing. I also got some drill and bits kits one DeWalt and one Ryobi. Not too bad I think.

I did check out some of the stores in the area but nothing really worth it for me. Well except the Lego Falcon. lol

In the past I have gone out at 5:00 to get some decent deals. Last year or the year before I cleaned up in Wrentham in the ADIDAS store. Got $500 worth of stuff for under $100. Since I love that clothing line I figured might as well. lol

15. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Next year I will have to take off both Thanksgiving and the day after.

I am looking to buy a laptop after x-mas in hopes I can find a good sale.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The company I work for during the day gives us off Thanksgiving and the day after, which was nice. I still went in to work for a while. Got extra money for it and since I still work the night job I figured I might as well work during the day.

Next year hopefully I will be doing just one job by then. lol I am trying to get out of my dept that I am currently in and get back into the shop or somewhere else. After a few yrs of being out of an office environment I am finding it difficult to work in one. lol

If you get the day off we should plan a shopping meet. lol

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The company I work for used to give us the day after Thanksgiving off, but since the new ownership took over, thay've taken away a few of our "holidays" and that is one of them :( Thankfully it was an incredibly slow day and I had enough vacation time left, so I took it off as a personal day. Good thing too since I was sick as a dog :(

18. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    *knock knock*

does this thing still work?

anyway, this thread is a great idea 4 people to get to know one another. sorta' like the 130page 'random thread' in boston =). let's keep this one going.

i'm still working @the window mfr place and going to school fulltime (4 courses for this fall semester). i just came back tonight from taking the final FINAL for this semester. i have about 4 more semesters to go@4 courses/semester. so i'm l00king forward to Spring '07 graduation for a stupid college degree. hopefully indy4 will be out by then!

anyway, this past fall i made a decision to remedy an area of my life that i missed. TV shows that i missed while i was growing up/currently. it's good timing because a great# of them are available on DVD. i made a list and went forth. first was Babylon5. there's been tons and tons of people who have told me how much they love it and how it's such an EPIC. well, after 5 seasons@22eps and a few movies, i agreed. i started in september, shortly after fall semester started. after voices from the wilderness (2/3s through season1), i couldn't stop watching it. season5 wasn't that brilliant, but was still pretty good. i totally loved the finale! =). anyway, it's true, B5=greatness. there's never been a series like taht before B5 and nothing like it since (AFAIK). truly an EPIC classic TV. once they come out on HiDef discs, i'll buy the set.

then i went on to joss whedonverse. that was october through mid-november. started with buffy (the movie). it stunk terribly. then the entire series (7 seasons, 22eps roughly except for season1). i think the first 5 seasons were awesome. the last 2, with the exception of the musical, was so so. i also watched angle concurrently (using a list from whedonverse). i loved these two shows. the first was about growing up from HS into college. the transition from a young person into a responsible adult. my fav was episode 5 finale. when she jumped off, i almost teared up =). good stuff. i also loved angel (all 5 seasons) because the show completes the transition from what it means to post college to having a career. what it's like to be a working young professional and dealing with adult issues. i loved it! =). if whedon went on, he could've done more of it in the buffverse on married couples, empty nests, elderly, etc. =). good series/entertainment.

from mid-november on, i went on to Stargate SG1. i'm almost caught up. first the movie (DTS-ES6.1 discrete BTW ;). then the series. the first 5 seasons were very bland. very mediocre and just damn formulaic. i've seen those episodes before in star trek! once they moved over to SF, things started to get shaken up. ascension, alliances being broken. carter getting a REAL life. that was awesome! =). i'm currently on season8 of SG1 and just started about 3-4 episodes into SG Atlantis, which is also pretty kewl! i like the start of SGA better than SG1. it's funny how this series has spawned into a great show from a so-so blockbuster movie =). i hope to be caught up to season9 and season2 of SGA soon.

of all the 4 classes i took, i only got 1 A- i think. the rest are Bs. i usually do better (A-ish). i better stop doing this. i only lost about 4 days of sleep this fall due to these extra-curricular activities =). i did squeeze in a few shows in between those tho

my next shows are: Alias, Smallville (Alias ending@season5 and Smallville still going, is it last season?). i forget what's after that =). i don't think i'll be doing it so fast though. these newer shows are more self-contained. Buffy, Angel and B5 were very heavy on mythology.

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome back JF.

If you're going to venture into the joss whedon universe, be sure to check out "Firefly". There's only 13 episodes out there, so it won't take you too long to get caught up. Chris (DL) turned me onto this show and I'm glad he did. I'm a religious watcher of this show now. Thankfully the SciFi Network still airs episodes every Friday night. Still need to check out "Serenity" though.

20. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i saw FF during the summer. i also saw Serenity. =). i just went through the bonus material last night. it was really kewl, but i think Joss is right about film in general. he made an observation that films are slaves to momentum whereas TV allows for slower and methodical storytelling (like B5's novel). v. interesting.

imho, FF is a much more thought-out universe than Buffy&Angel. if it was continued, i think it could've been awesome.

21. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I'M BACK!!!! Sorry I have been gone for the last couple of months, but school took over my life for a little while.

22. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i just finished catching up w/stargate SG1&SGA. very nice shows. i like SGA better than SG1

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Welcome back everyone glad to hear all is well.

Hope to see you in 2006.

I have just been working and finally getting the body work finished on my car.

It came out well and the car looks like it did before the unfortunate accidents.

24. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    started farscape last night =). very interesting henson production =). not as good as i thought it was gonna be, but it's good 'nuff.

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Congrats on finally getting your car back in one piece Chris!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.