Fozzie?

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by xdarthsmithiousx, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    By any chance, has anyone seen the episode of the muppet variety show with Mark Hamill on it? I think it was in between a new hope and empire strikes back, time-wise. We have it on VHS, and it is quite funny. REALLY funny.
  2. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh yeah, I've got the DVD from Time/Life. A classic. I like the completely unrecognisable villian, "No one will know who I am." Until he turns and we see that rather striking, hook-nosed profile. Plus we get a good idea of how goofy Mark Hamill really is, I can appreciate that!
  3. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    They've got it on dvd? I need to pick that one up. We have it on VHS, like I wrote, but it's a three episode tape with the mark hamill episode and two others that i couldn't care less for(paul simon and raquel welch). I agree with the Mark Hamill being silly comment, it was fun to watch. I''ve always thought he was awesome, especially in Star Wars, but it was actually his work writing(wait, it was improv), directing, and starring in "Comic Book: The Movie" that made me realize that he's actually into it all, which was awesome to know.

does ANYONE have the Star Wars Holiday Special from the 70's??? I know it's said to be one of the worst things EVER, but I really want to see it.
  4. derekm001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nope, I don't have the Live Action Star Wars Holiday Special, but I do have a Rare Cartoon done back in the 70's that's pretty sad in it's own right. I gave it to Cheryl a few weeks ago. The animation is horrible. If you want to see it, I can burn it to a disk for you.

-Derek
  5. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    nice. Yeah, I'd like a copy if possible. Check your PM's too derek.
  6. derekm001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just realized the Animated Cartoon is actually a part of the Star Wars Holiday Special from November 17, 1978. I don't have the live action sequences and I don't even remember where the heck I got the Cartoon segement of the special. The original special is 2 hours long.

If you want to purchase a copy "for keepsake reasons, I am sure", it can't be because it's good. It's not yet available for purchase on DvD. But fear not, Go here to get put on a notification list when it does become available at Amazon dot com:

The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JOIP/qid=1122012524/sr=1-19/ref=sr_1_19/102-2812945-6939322?v=glance&s=dvd
  7. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    It has been said for years that George will never release the Holiday Special. If you are lucky you may be able to find someone with a copy from the original airing when it would have been video taped.
    I remember it well and George wants us to forget it existed as probably does Harrison Ford and others. The cartoon was the introduction of Boba Fett.

As to the Muppet Show, I remember that episode and Miss Piggy as Leia. It was very funny. A few years ago Mark Hamil was on Saturday Night Live and did a skit about QVC and selling some of the Star Wars actors such as Mark. The call in bid was Harrison Ford who was questioning wheather or not this was the real Mark Hamil. It was really funny. What most people did not know at the time was that the voice of Harrison Ford was really Mark Hamil. He does a dead on imperination. So if you can ever see that check it out.
  8. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Muppet DVD I have is the same one you've got on video. I think Amazon still has some of the Time/Life DVDs, they put out 15 "best of" discs with three episodes each. But starting in Aug. Disney will begin releasing entire season collections, which I am looking forward to because I love the Muppet Show, especially 'Veterinarian's Hospital', which if you know me well enough should explain a lot!

I remember seeing the holiday special, but only vaguely. The only bit I can recall is the little wookiee with his stuffed bantha and the evil stormtrooper who rips its head off. It was sad... what do you want I was five :p

9. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    hahaha. I found the holiday special and SNL episode on ebay, so I might look into that. I agree, the muppet show was great.
  10. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i LOVED "Muppets Tonight" i think it was called. I don't remember it very well, but I recall that it was coming on TV, probably like once a week in a prime time slot, when I was like JR HI-ish, and we (meaning someone in my family) would tape it, even if we were home, because us kids would watch it again throughout the week. HI-larious.

but yeah, i also LOVE the Mark Hamill thing. i was like 4 when i first saw RotJ Luke, who was my very first crush [face_blush]
  11. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    ebay, people, ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/star-wars-christmas-special_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

had i but known... saw LOTS of the xmas special on dvd at the con... unfortunately, i was looking for something else.

12. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    What were you looking for?
  13. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    movies i can't find on dvd, collections of the tick (animated) and some movie for my roommate that i couldn't find. that sort of thing.

what i did find (dithered and didn't buy): the plague dogs (animated, which i didn't even remember exists, i like that story almost as much as watership down) the little girl who lives down the lane, and a nicely boxed chinese version of fire walk with me (but what i needed is the twin peaks pilot episode on dvd)

but i decided to be good for now, don't need to buy anything else that i want to have/see and don't have time for, unless i really feel strongly about it. (translated: i bought enough stuff already.)

14. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    just out of curiousity (because i don't know about such things) if you can't find these things on ebay, why might you be able to find them at ComicCon?
  15. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    I remember seeing the Twin Peaks pilot at borders, in fact, Liz and I knows someone who bought it there, so you might want to look there, to satisfy any Agent Cooper joneses
  16. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    <whispers> because comicon has lots of <ahem> "import" dealers.

<coughbootlegcough>

17. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    10-4 cheryl. that's what i was thinking <coughhopingcough>.
  18. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, what's with all the coughing? I thought I was gonna be Grievous, there'd better not be any body tryin' to out-cough me!

**Cough** HACK ~coUGH~ *gurgle* COUGH, COUGH whEEze! <--see I've been practicing
  19. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL.

and do i spy another line from the Office? it sounds really familiar. or i may just be going batty.
  20. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    no, that's from brazil.

wookiee, you need more help with that cough? maybe another nice loooong road trip in the smoking car? or shall i just stay upwind of you until next spring? [face_devil]

21. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Somewhere, I have in my keeping a VHS tape with the HORRIBLE Christmas special (complete with commercials for SW action figures, which is almost better!), and (YAY!) Hardware Wars! Got it online back in '97 when the movies were rereleased and my memories were piqued.

So, I could try to dig it out if people are really jonesing for copies...

- Kai
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.