main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile: An Anakin and Tahiri Story A previously unposted outtake up 5/20/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Wow that was a great post! I loved the leaving scene,and the way that Tahiri reveals the pregnancy-superb!!

I can't wait to see where you're going from here. Great job

2. Weasleby

Weasleby Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    Wow. Ive just caught up on this story, and what wonderful writing! Every post makes me want more. Great story.
    PM me please!

3. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    [face_hypnotized] you let him die?:_|
    just kidding
    great update
    i'd write more but i'm typing with one hand because...guess who arrived last thurs?
    so baby is in my other arm.
    looking forward to more

sw24

4. JediRowan

JediRowan Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2004
    Sorry I'm late commenting. It's not because I thought you killed Anakin.

Though thank the Force you DID kill Vergere, because leaving Anakin to be deconstructed by the sadistic chicken would have been worse than killing him. Oh how I cheered when Anakin blew that feathered. . er, hmm. Anyway. Vergere and her consequences was one of the main reasons I was out of the fandom for awhile. I was so happy when they "retconned" her as a Sith (I think I started screaming Sith at the book within a few paragraphs of her). And YAY that Anakin did it without a second thought. That's my boy. None of this mealy-mouthed moral cowardice for him. Sometimes the bad guy just has to die. (Not that I'm not one of the folks who is deeply disturbed by the family failure to do everything they could to redeem Jacen. That was such a mess.)

I'm a little concerned about Tahiri slapping Jacen. Not that he doesn't need to be smacked upside the head repeatedly, he absolutely does (just not the way Vergere did it), but I don't really think he deserved it from Tahiri at that moment. Luke needs to get his Jedi Master on with that one, just like he should have in canon. But Jaina, she absolutely deserved it for what she said. Tahiri is very clearly overwrought at that moment, entirely understandably of course.

I'm all out of order here, but I was deeply amused by Han and Leia's different reactions to the farewell. And YAY for Han getting a clue so quickly and taking care of Tahiri, though he doesn't seem to be doing such a good job of that after the mission.

What's the 42 business? Did I miss something?

I kinda hate it that Anakin and Tahiri didn't spill the beans about Will before he left. It would have been the safest option for mother and child considering what happened in the other timeline. I do understand the reasons for not doing it, it would have caused a huge uproar and questioning of Anakin's judgment just when that was the last thing they needed. But I still hated to see Tahiri left with that secret.

And when Tahiri does tell them. . . Wow. Evil cliffhanger! I hate waiting. [face_worried] Especially for the good stories. So I'm really looking forward to the new post tomorrow. . .

Oh, idle thought. I love Will as a name, but I wonder what people will think of it in-universe if they don't get the explanation? I can't remember anybody else named Will or William, but there IS Wilhuff Tarkin. Surely nobody will think a Skywalker/Solo was named after Tarkin though.. .

5. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    PREGGERS! *GLOMPS* [:D] I was thinking about you and figured I'd check the boards since I haven't in ages to see if you were still active on here and LOOK! You're writing another story!! And I'm already SO behind on all the fanfics I'm supposed to be reading, and here I am at 11PM trying to finish writing a chapter and I ended up instead reading the beginning of this story. I haven't gotten very far--just through the first chapter--but I couldn't stop reading and I haven't been in a mood to read ANYTHING SW in...well, pretty much since I finished writing One Thousand Tears. *breathes*

You've captivated me with what I've read so far, and as much as I would love to read more, I HAVE to finish writing this chapter. But I will be back. Hopefully soon. As I said, I'm behind on everything I'm reading right now. And I'll try to be back with, you know, more detailed feedback. ;) You never know, maybe you'll be able to suck me back into a SW mood. I was contemplating today reading through One Thousand Tears and posting over to my LiveJournal.

Anyway, I hope you've been doing okay!

6. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    There will be a special reply to you, Qui... when I'm back from this swim meet.

Everyone else... sorry the update isn't up yet. The Universe, a swim meet and my Beta all all in cahoots... I'll have it up as soon as I get back.

In the mean time: Some things to ponder?

frankieskywalker
    Yes, this next chapter will be the family?s reaction? plus more.

Hoping to have Chapter 6 Beta?s and up Friday night, as usual. Will send PM?s as soon as I can.

darthrevan4ever
    Thank you, and thank you for reading.

Jade_eyes
    What do I think? That I can't until Friday! That was a genius update.
    Thank you very much! I?m glad you enjoyed and I hope you?re happy with the next one.

Anakin with his folks and Han with Tahiri -- very lovely.
    Thank you, I just can?t get enough of Anakin and Tahiri being mushy with each other, and Han strikes me as being the most like Anakin, or Anakin like Han, so it stands to reason, in my mind, that that is the way it would have gone down? Anakin asking his father to step up.

You detailed the differences in the outworking of the mission very well indeed.
    Thank you, that?s always hard for me; to write something that is already in canon, and to write action? not my strong suites, so I appreciate the praise there.

It never occurred to me that Anakin would be lost...
    Yeah, well? it never occurred to Older Tahiri, Anakin or Younger Tahiri either. YT sure wouldn?t have placidly stayed behind if she?d suspected Jaina and Jacen were going to forget to bring their brother home, would she? Were you the one that asked about the ?Will of the Force??

interesting indeed that Vergere's not around to twist things as she did with Jacen... but if Anakin's been captured, I'd hate to think he's going to be warped into a future Sith.
    I hated Darth Chicken from day one? here?s my revenge? I made her into El Pollo Soupo!

Go ME!

TahiriSoloFan[
    Han promising to take care of Tahiri was beautiful!
    Thank you! I have a feeling I?m going to be ducking as much stuff this week as I was last. Where?s that worried face emoticon? I have to learn to use those things.

I feel sort of bad for Jacen & Jaina....they were kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Listen to all Anakin's orders, and they're blamed for leaving Anakin behind. Do what they think is right and it's considered not respecting him enough. Lose-lose.
    Fascinating take on that situation! I honestly hadn?t really thought of it that way when I was writing it, but you are right. As Jacen and Jaina tried to say; they thought they were doing what was right; they thought they were doing what was best for the team?

Of course, poor Tahiri isn't exactly in the best position to be objective right now either.
    Exactly? nor is anyone else. I do so like to look at things from different character?s POV, because no situation looks exactly the same from any two different angles. And emotions are high here, and the sad thing is that they all loved Anakin; none of this is from a lack of caring for him.

But Tahiri is, from her perspective, once again alone, and, feeling unwanted and abused emotionally by his family, so, it?s difficult all the way around.

Can't wait to see what happens next in your "fixer-upper" galaxy!
    I?m going to continue to tear it down a llittle more before I do any true fixing?

Kidan
    Wow that was a great post! I loved the leaving scene,and the way that Tahiri reveals the pregnancy-superb!!
    Thank you, it?s been really fun to write.

I can't wait to see where you're going from here. Great job
    Next post should be up Friday night as usual?

*goes off to rattle Beta?s cage*

Weasleby
    Wow
    Welcome! And thank you for reading.

Ive just caught up on this story, and what wonderful writing!
    Thank you very much, that is kind of you to say.

Every post makes me want more. Great story.
    Lucky for

7. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Chapter 6

Monsters and Angels

Tahiri wanted to sneak back inside the tent, get her things, and leave again -she actually attempted tiptoeing, but she knew it was futile.

Two of the four people she was trying to avoid were Jedi Masters, after all.

?Tahiri, will you please join us?? came Mara?s strained request, before she?d made it two meters.

Letting her shoulders sag and her chin drop to her chest, she murmured ?kriff,? then louder, and more formally, ?Of course.?

She hadn?t looked at any of them after she?d told them she was pregnant, had instead turned around, walked out of the tent and lost herself in the sea of misery outside.

She?d allowed all the anger and fear and grief and frustration from the thousands surrounding her to flood her senses; welcomed it, called it in to drowned out her own emotions. She could handle their pain because it wasn?t her own.

She had wandered aimlessly, for who knew how long, through the mud and garbage and debris created by too many confined in too small an area, until she?d found a rock on the outskirts of the settlement, right near the fence that bordered the camp, then she?d sat down, crossed her legs, and reached out for Anakin. She?d searched for hours, called to him through their bond in the Force, tried to feel him in that place inside of her that had belonged to only him for so many years; but he wasn?t there. No matter how hard she tried, no matter how hard she focused; she couldn?t find him.

Finally, exhausted, she gave up, resolved to try again after she?d collected her things from the Solo?s tent, found a place to rest, and had gotten some sleep.

She figured that, technically, she was a refugee, and was therefore entitled to all that the other refuges were entitled to; food, shelter, and clothing. She didn?t need to depend on Anakin?s family, didn?t need to burden people who did not want her and did not want to indulge her insistence that their son wasn?t dead. She had no idea yet how she would support herself beyond this week; could hardly bear to think of how she would support Anakin?s child, but she had time, she would think of something. The prospect was daunting, but she would think of something.

First things first though; she had to actually get away from Anakin?s family.

Turning toward the sound of Mara?s voice, Tahiri walked the few steps to the flap that divided the tent into two rooms, pushed it aside and found the Skywalkers and the Solos sitting around the table that she?d left them at.

?Please, have a seat, you look exhausted.? As always, Luke was courteous, and Tahiri almost felt sorry for him; she knew, both from what she?d seen over the last few days, and from what Older Tahiri had told her, that he carried a huge burden of guilt over the Myrkr ?disaster?.

Tahiri nodded her head and sat in the chair closest to Han, briefly glancing at Leia. Anakin?s mother?s eyes were slightly red, nothing that anyone who didn?t know her would notice, and Tahiri couldn?t tell if it was caused by fatigue or crying.

It was eerily quiet, but Tahiri had no interest in starting conversation; if they had questions, they could ask, and she?d share what she felt comfortable with?then she?d get the hell out of there and get on with her life.

As always, it was Mara who jumped right in; ?Did Anakin know??

There could only be one thing she?d be referring to, so Tahiri nodded, tears again - Force, would it ever stop?

?I realized the night before he left,? she admitted quietly.

?That?s why Anakin? ? Han paused, even saying his son?s name seemed difficult. ?Why you didn?t go??

Tahiri nodded again; ?We decided it would safer for both of us. I was afraid his worry for me would make it hard for him to focus, and he was afraid the strain of the mission would be bad for Will.?

?Will?? Luke, Mara and Leia all asked in unison.

Tahiri closed her eyes as another wave of pain washed over her. She had begun to wonder if this would be her permit state of being; waves of discomfort, of varying degrees, rolling

8. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A very heart-tugging chapter. :( :( I bet younger Tahiri is having a very very very very hard time seeing how this setup is different from older Tahiri's. [face_thinking] She's still without Anakin... though in this timeline she seems less fragmented, ergo not likely to have "Riina" arise. That was a little too much like the two faces of Tahiri if you ask me [face_laugh] :p I think having Will is keeping her grounded a great deal. :D

10. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Wooowee! Leia's sure acting like a super!bitch, eh?

Lovely chapter. :)

11. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    wow... I know I've done the mean things to a pregnant Tahiri before, but Leia is really... well [female dog]ish here.

But it's great to see Iella and Winter turning into a surrogate family for her. Great, great job!

12. Weasleby

Weasleby Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    I wanted to smack Leia so much! I loved how you showed Tahiri changing into a motherly figure, not daring to leave Will with just anyone lol. Cant wait for the next chapter! =D=

13. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    bad leia

great update

14. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Preggers,

I was mucho disappointed in the NJO. I thought for sure that with Tahiri's weird behaviour, that when they found her on Mon Cal and Clighal did the physical, she'd be pregnant. I was sure they'd do it. I mean, how much more real world can you get, right? Love in the face of war and death, all that rot.

Unfortunately, that's not what happened. Cause you can be damned sure that the addict-Tahiri of LOTF never would have happened if she'd had a real piece of him with her.

I think it's why I love this story so much. [face_love]

I loved how she stood up and slapped Jacen. :p And I don't think Anakin is dead... far from. I have this mental pic of him epically battling his way home to her. [face_dancing]

:D

But as to my earlier comment about them sending children on an adult mission: Age is just a number. The Solo kids, in fact, it seems that kids in general in the GFFA, seem to pushed in very adult roles during a very tumultous time in most human's lives. It's a very hormonally charged, angst-ridden, parent hate fest. Now factor into that the fact that you never really did anything cool as a kid because your mom had to rule the galaxy. So that's my rationale, in a nutshell. :p

I loved the symbolisim in these last two updates about how Tahiri doing things differently (out of the proper order perhaps, eh?) resulted in her being outcast from the Sky/Solo family.

My way or the highway kind of Jedi Order? Not exactly what Yoda had in mind for the new and improved Jedi Order, I'd bet.

Family isn't bound by blood. It's made up of people who love you. Which sometimes includes people you meet at pub during college. [face_love]

Great update!
    CJM

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [face_love] Good to see that Will is safe and sound....nothing like a little one who needs you to force you to pull yourself together and move foward.

16. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Chapter 7

Karma Police

Tahiri had wondered, several months ago, if she would ever stop crying.

Now she knew the answer.

She hadn?t cried this morning when Iella had come into her quarters, woken her up and told her that a report had come in of a ship found floating dead in space with one passenger on board.

The male, in his early twenties, had been transported to a nearby medical frigate, comatose, unresponsive to sound or light.

A DNA analysis had matched positive for Jedi Anakin Solo.

Tahiri had sat stunned and speechless for several seconds, the words ?comatose? and ?unresponsive? reverberating loudly in her head. Finally, she?d thrown the covers back, stood up and began to pepper Iella with questions.

?Where is he? When was he found??

?He was picked up about six hours ago; he?s with the First Fleet in the Mytaranor Sector.?

?Have the family been notified??

?Yes, but I haven?t been able to determine how long ago.?

?How fast can I get a shuttle and all the required authorizations to get me and Will where we need to be??

?Tycho is working on it right now.?

?When did you find out??

?Less than an hour ago. We wanted to confirm the information before getting your hopes up.?

?Can Winter go with us? I?ll need help with Will? I don?t know how long I'll be? what about work??

?Winter?s already packing and has notified procurement; baby supplies are being brought over from one of the fleet tenders. We?ll worry about work later? you take as long as you need.?

She hadn?t cried when she?d hurriedly dressed and raced to her office. She hadn?t cried when she?d printed Anakin?s initial medical report, or when she?d seen the number of pages the report had required. She hadn?t cried when she?d issued the documentation placing Jedi Anakin Solo under arrest and turning his hospital room into a holding cell, making it a restricted area only open to medical personnel and the Galactic Alliance Intelligence officer assigned to work his case.

It was highly unlikely that there was anyone in the Solo family who didn't know that she was Iella Wessiri?s protégé; it was also highly unlikely that they wouldn't all realize instantly that she was the duracrete wall standing between them and Anakin?but she could hope. She had gone back and added an addendum to the warrant, a clause stating that prisoner 7598PF456 was to have no contact with other GA citizens until he was fully debriefed, unless said Intelligence Officer gave explicit permission and felt contact with other citizens would not pose a security risk.

That was for Han.

She?d actually quietly chuckled to herself when she?d issued the medical quarantine and classified his records, making them off limits to anyone without an active military rank of general or higher, or an Intel Agent with a class three clearance or above. She knew she was laying it on a bit thick, but that hadn?t stopped her.

She hadn?t cried when Iella sat her down, took her hands, and quietly told her the story of how her first husband had been taken prisoner during the Civil War and been gone for seven years, about how the man that was returned to her was not the man who had been taken, had not cried when she?d grasped the true meaning of what her friend was telling her, had not cried when Iella said she would be no further than a comm call away and would do anything she could for Tahiri and Will; regardless of what it was, regardless of what other relationships it might affect.

She hadn?t cried during the six hours she?d sat on the shuttle.

She was just numb.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

?What do you mean I can?t go in there?? Leia demanded.

?Yeah, that?s our son.? Han contributed, fiercely; pointing a finger at the stone-faced captain guarding the door before returning to his previous posture.

He knew his input wasn?t going to help, but he couldn?t just stand there. He had to at least act the part, and was grateful that his all Jedi family never seemed to get when he was bluffing.

He did in fact w

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Love that you have Han's pov in much of this. :D His straight to the pointness is refreshing and fun. He cuts to the chase every time. :D Tickled they found Anakin. [face_mega-relieved]

18. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  19. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [:D] Preggers, you know I love you....

And it is a testament to your writing and how real your characters are, because I am so irritated with them all right now! :oops:
    [face_talk_hand] They need to talk to each other! Holy cow..... all this "I hold the power over you" and I'm going to pretend I don't know you know I know" stuff is enough to drive a person to drink...A LOT. :p
    Maybe I'm just not relating to this because I live in a family that believes in talking it out or learning to live with it. Yes,horrible things happen, people get mad, and feelings get hurt, but you don't hold grudges, find a way to forgive, or in the long run the person you hurt the most is yourself. Do any of these people seem happier for playing these emotional mind games with each other? If they had just communicated, they could have all supported each other and the family support system would have been so much bigger and better.

Great writing! =D= You really pulled an emotional response out of me! :p

20. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    well here comes destruction

great update

21. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    AWWW! HAN! Han is awesome. I was so glad to find out that he had been the one to help Tahiri get connected with Iella, and that he's been keeping tabs on her and keeping his promise to Anakin. (Not that I doubted he would.) And I can't even imagine the guilt and grief the family is feeling in realizing that Anakin was alive this whole time. But at least he's not dead!

And yes, Tahiri CAN make an entrance. =D= This situation is about to get explosive, isn't it?

22. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Knee high boots hmmm? [face_thinking]
    Yep this is going to get heated!
    Ducks behind table to watch. [face_hypnotized]

I love how fast this story is moving, not at all bogged down by details we don't really need. It has a very refreshing feel to it in that sense.

EDIT: Okay had to add a little more...so Han has some access to his records at least and doesn't even realize it yet... LOL! It would have been great to see the look on Leia's face if he asked for them after she had been told no and he was told Yes...chuckles to self.

Wow so many possibilities about what direction this could take... I can't even begin to guess. It will be a long wait until Friday!

23. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Oh, Han. I knew there was a reason I loved you (beside the fact that you're also Harrison Ford.)

Anyways, I love that he's been "watching over" Tahiri behind Bitch!Leia's back! :D

24. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    woot! He's back!!!

And I got to love how Tahiri was able to one-up the Solo's there.

Another great post!

25. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who are reading.

I figured you'd rather have an update on time than replies so I'm forging ahead.

Happy reading.

Fragile

Chapter 8

It Ain?t What You Do, It?s The Way That You Do It (And That?s What Get?s Results)

Tahiri followed Bram and Stoker down the long zig-zagging corridors of the med frigate, Trey and Junip behind her. Up ahead, a Navy officer led the way ? a short Sullustan, though Tahiri couldn?t see him through her guards.

The boys were jumpy, and had not been happy about being thrown into a mission with no prep time; they had even said so when entering the hangar back on the Lusankya.

Tahiri had snapped that this wasn?t a mission and to get their asses on board the ship.

All four had starred at her, speechless.

She?d walked away, gone up the ramp and hidden in the back of the vessel long enough to let Winter deal with them. She knew Winter, always calm and serene, would be able to soothe things over. She?d met them all in the hold later. By then, she?d felt nothing but concern radiating off the men who had taken it upon themselves to be more than just escorts and protectors to her and Will. She would have been wracked with guilt had she been able to feel anything at that point.

When they?d landed ten minutes ago, she had shaken off the horrible numb feeling she?d been drowning in - had forced herself to focus - had pushed aside her fear of facing Anakin?s family and the reality of his condition and tried instead to concentrate on the fact that she was about to see him - actually see him - after all this time.

Will felt warm and safe in her arms, and she wished that she could carry him into Anakin?s room with her, hold him and let his tiny body soothe her the way it always did when she felt scared?but that was irresponsible. They didn?t know where Anakin had been or what he?d been exposed to, and she had to wait until she knew it was okay for her son to be in the same room as his father. Winter would be getting their quarters squared away, and would catch up with her in a few minutes; Winter and the boys would take care of Will until Tahiri had assessed the situation.

Before she knew it, she was through the door of the intensive care center, Bram and Stoker had parted in front of her, and she was confronted by a wall of Solo and Skywalker.

Disregarding the intimidating presences, her eyes sought out the uniform she knew should be somewhere, found it, and she blurted out, ?Where is he??

Leia?s Force signature was as icy as ever, but Tahiri ignored her, instead cradling Will?s head closer into her neck and shouldering her way past Jacen to meet the man approaching her.

?I?m Age??

Before she got any further, Leia jumped in, directing her question at the same man. ?You?re not going to let her in, are you??

She only got a little further on her next attempt, ?Agent Tahiri??

?I should be allowed in first. He?s my son.?

Tahiri lifted an eyebrow, glanced sideways at Leia and said, ?Last time I checked, you were pretty sure that your son was dead.? Then, turning back to the man whose uniform identified him as Captain Teal, she continued, ?Tahiri Veila.?

Leia looked like she?d tear Tahiri?s head off with her hands for a second. Then a sudden look of triumph crossed her face, and turning back to Teal herself, she said, ?They aren?t really married.?

?Married?? Teal asked, confused.

Tahiri shook her head, and hefted Will higher on her right shoulder, painfully aware of the fact that his grandmother hadn?t acknowledged him. Then she pulled her ID card from her pocket, the GA insignia face up, and placed it in the man?s outstretched hand.

Jaina gawked from behind Mara, but it was Jacen who spoke; he?d moved to stand next to Luke, and he asked, in a voiced that made clear his disbelief, ?You?re a class 3 Intelligence Agent??

Winter entered the room then, gliding up to Tahiri, reaching out for the baby. Tahiri kissed his head and rubbed his wispy curls before handing him off, turning back to Anaki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.