main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Frailty: Dark K/J Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deneveon, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Title: Frailty
    Author(s): Deneveon
    Timeframe: A few years after the NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron
    Genre: Drama / Angst / Romance
    Keywords: K/J, NJO
    Summary: With great strength comes great weakness. When Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron clash together with the energy of the dark side at their disposal and their frailties in their hearts, who will win and who will lose?
    Author's Notes: Thank you very much to Jilly (JainaDurron) who beta-ed this first post for me and provided useful help in putting this story forward. I haven't read many (if any) fics with both Kyp and Jaina playing around with the dark side, so I thought this would be interesting to write. Feedback is always appreciated and encouraged. Speak your minds, people. :D

--

FFRAILTY

--

This is where eternity begins
    Among the scattered sands of time
    Where the hidden darkness deep within
    Finds its perfect lie

This is where fates are set
    This is were dreams are weaved
    This is where grief mourns death
    This is where love comes to breed

This is where life ends and starts
    Buried inside the human heart

--

She clenched her fist, the shards of shattered glass that she held in it pressing against her skin, penetrating it layer by layer, until she could feel a familiar warmth slide down her fingers, red and thick.

She nodded to herself. Blood was in the air now, a challenge she knew he could never resist. He would come to her now.

It was inevitable.

A sliver of a smile crept onto her face, a smile that was both sneer and smirk all at once. She could sense the coming encounter; she could feel it, taste it. It almost overwhelmed her, almost overtook her with its intensity, its realism.

Almost.

She turned her back to the horizon she had been watching, its color now as crimson as the stains that drenched her hand, the stains left by her own blood. The ground that her steps trampled on as she walked looked dead and pale, in a state of decay that was a far cry from its years-ago lush green. The entire planet seemed utterly devoid of life now, from the Massassi trees that used to tower over the landscape, to the river that had once breathed life through the forest. Those trees were now barren and dry; that river was now almost entirely drained.

She felt right at home.

Entering the doors of the familiar stone temple that had once been her home, she listened to the echoing, steady click of her boots that resounded through the bland, empty halls. Just as the temple?s walls were battered and bruised on the outside, scarred with blaster marks and abused by the elements, its interior was just as ravaged and worn, a consequence of years under the hand of those wretched Vong. Still, as unfamiliar as it was, a faint whisper of the life she used to lead here crawled into her mind, images of an existence so distant she could barely believe it had ever happened.

The memories were an amusing fancy for a short, fleeting while. The next moment, she had forgotten about them completely, her mind set on achieving the goal she had come out here to accomplish.

She found herself in the Grand Audience Chamber not long after. The cold emptiness of the hall sent an empowering chill down her spine, and her restless eyes scanned the great space. Although she found nothing out of the ordinary, her senses were suddenly heightened, her anticipation ignited with a new impatience.

He was coming.

The thought made her smile once more. She raised her right hand to look at it, to admire the still-stinging fresh wounds. Tonight, finally, everything would be finished.

Everything.

Impatience gnawed at her, but instead of giving in to the temptation of tamping it down, she fed on it, tasting it, channeling it into more useful strength. After a moment she felt a flicker of something peculiar, something that did not belong.

Anticipation grew in her chest, making her heart burn with keenness that was almost painful.

2. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My mind is frazzled...it was gorgeous. I could feel that all the way down to my toes...ooh, that kiss WAS red-hot! Such a great piece. You should be proud! I LOVED it and I am left wanting more!!!!!!!!! *Almost a K/J fan*

~*Ambyr*~

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Whoa.

More later, when I've processed this.

Dana

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    YAY! You posted it! :D So glad you did, love it still. :)

~~Jilly

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow, excellent! You?re right; I haven?t seen a fic before this one which has both a dark Jaina and a dark Kyp. They make a positively wicked couple ;).

I seem to be quoting favourite lines today, so here we go:

She knew she wanted it, yearned it, needed it; she had drilled herself on just how she would resist such a move, yet now that it had come she found no strength to defy his advances.

Stunning. Kyp always gets his way, it seems :D.

Am [face_love]

6. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Wow, your descriptions are absolutely great. I can picture the scene, the surroundings, the way everything looks and feels. I really feel like I can step into the picture you've painted with your words. I envy you your talent there.

Interesting idea. More soon?

-Saber

7. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Ambyr: Almost a K/J fan? [face_shocked] Well, then, we're going to have to change that and make sure your conversion is complete. [face_mischief] Thanks for reading. I don't know if I did awfully well on that kiss, as I have never been good at writing kisses anyway :p I'm glad you liked it anyhoo.

Dana: :D

Jilly: It wouldn't have been posted, I think, without that little piece of advice you gave me. Many thanks again :p

Am: Mm. Very wicked indeed. ;) Somehow or other, I wanted to show that yes, despite how much Jaina resists him or how much she thinks she's gotten over him, no one can say no to everyone's favorite dark-haired, Force-wielding hottie. :D

Saber: Thanks! I love writing imagery and description, and I hope it's good enough to make up for what I'm lacking in other such matters (such as, well, everything, actually :p ). I wanted to make this piece "come alive" so to speak, considering all the... er... death that's involved with it, figurative or otherwise. [face_mischief] I apologize for ranting. I'm just glad some people came to read this. lol.

Thanks folks. You don't know how much I appreciate this feedback.

--Den

8. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ::Squeals happily::

Oh this is awsome!!! :D what an excellent beginning! Oh please don't leave us hanging for long!

EJ

9. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    EJ: :D Thanks so much. Glad you like it. I'll try not to keep you waiting, as I plan to write something of value this weekend, if I get the chance. Awfully busy this last week; it's benchmark season again :p

--Den

10. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up. Won't anyone read me? :(

--Den

11. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Oooo, you gave me chills Den. kyp and jaina were intoxicating. they are each other's weakness, like a drug.

Jez

12. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Jez: Like a drug? Why, you just gave me very some very nice inspiration! Thanks ;)

--Den

13. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    OOOOHHHH Den this was sooooooo good!! Very sweet in it's own evil slightly twisted way.

Fireyforce

14. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Fireyforce: Evil... twisted... I like. [face_mischief] Thanks. I'm glad you found it that way ;)

--Den

15. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up.

--Den

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  17. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    And up again.

--Den

18. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up.

--Den

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Still just as amazing, Den. :D

I'm gonna have to try my hand at a dark K/J one of these days . . .

Dana

20. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *cue awed silence from dj*

And this is another fic I failed to notice back in April.

really, really awesome.
    And of course no one can say no to Kyp! I mean, it's KYP! duh.

21. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Dana: Thanks. :D You really should try some dark K/J. It?s really fun. ;)

dj: I know I wouldn?t be able to say no to Kyp if the chance arose? [face_mischief]

Anyway, I?ve been thinking of making this a full-length fic. Just because I?m weird like that :p I know, I know, yet another one, but hey, like dj said? who can say no to Kyp? Particularly dark Kyp? [face_love] *melts* What do you guys think?

:p

--Den

22. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    OOOOOOOO

That was so wonderful. With that kiss? how could they stay dark?
    Me absolutely like it.

Mag

23. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Up.

Simply amazing. Very dark, sensous, passionate, full of anger, hate, and giving in to desire.

Wonderful.

24. stupid_gizka

stupid_gizka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Mmm, Dark and Intense! Two Masters in one galaxy ... liked it. :)

25. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    That was beautifully awesome! Great job!!
    *Flame*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.