main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Frank Oz (Yoda) in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yoda: "Luke, Let Rey the soup try of which I gave the receipe to you. Liking she will it like you did on Dagobah"

Wildcatbarry and Mostly Handless like this.
  2. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Sudden change of heart.
    Actually, I reckon Yoda's going to have a brief scene with R2D2...
    [​IMG]

...in which he reminisces about his days as a Galactic Break-Dancer...
    [​IMG]

oncafar, Revanfan1 and Darth Smurf like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A R2D2 interaction would be interesting indeed. :D

B99 and Mostly Handless like this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    R2 will get his turn to beat up Yoda!

Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

[​IMG]

Mostly Handless and Darth Smurf like this.
  6. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    With Luke being disillusioned about the Jedi; I believe that the inclusion of a Force Ghost Yoda/Luke conversation Scene in Episode VIII is important. There needs to be a defense for Yoda's Era of Jedi; as to why they moved away from the Doctrine/Code of the Original Jedi.

Yoda could explain to Luke that the Sith originated from a splinter group of former Jedi, who turned to the Dark Side (people have speculated that the tree/Temple on Ahch-to was burned by the Jedi traitors, who then ended up becoming the Original Sith). He could explain to Luke that the Jedi came to the conclusion, after this betrayal, that the Original Jedi Order's belief in the Light and the Dark being inseperable (Yin and Yang), gave too much temptation for the Jedi to turn to the Dark Side. Henceforth, the Jedi decided that the Light and the Dark should be separated; and the Dark banished from the teachings of the Jedi.

Yoda could admit that the Jedi were wrong to move away from the Original Jedi Doctrine of Balance. But at the same time; remind Luke that the Darkside itself is still a threat. And that the Jedi never stopped striving to bring peace and justice to the Galaxy; just as the Original Jedi before them. Yoda could convince Luke to train Rey, and start a New Jedi Order; one that returns to ways of the Original Jedi.

I really don't like the idea of the Jedi being Grey. But if this is where they are taking the Jedi; then this is a way that could make me accept it.

7. odin1981

odin1981 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2016

Though I only read up to around to when Chewie died in the old eu. Yoda and his species was one of the biggest unknowns of the star wars universe. And George Lucas from what I remember was very protective/secretive of any background bio on him or his species.