Fraud Alert!!!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Slowmo, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowmo Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, to keep anyone else from getting screwed like I did I'm posting this.

I delt with a guy who said he was in financial crisis and selling a jetpack kit for 150$ so he could pay his rent. (he's the one who suggested the price so don't flame me for it being so cheap!) Anyway, after dealing with him for about a week I finally decided to go for it and sent him the money. Today I get in the mail 2 broken video tapes!!!

Here is his information... NEVER send this jerk anything!
    Mike Christiansen
    Box: 21069
    Orchard Park PO
    Kelowna, B.C.
    V1Y 5E5
    Canada
    TheMacheteMan@aol.com is his e-mail.

I hope no one else has gotten shafted by this fake and I hope no one else does either.

Doug
  2. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Which is why its a good idea not to deal with people outta the country. Sorry it happened to ya
  3. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
  4. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    That sucks. I've been into this hobby for a few years and your not the first to get screwed. Unforunately the authorities can't be much help because we're dealing with the sale of unlicesned wares. The best you can do is drag the guy's name through the mud and make sure everyone knows he's bad news.

Make sure to drop by ASAP and post a note on him in the prop dealer review forums. Visit the RPF, too. Give him negative feedback and report him to TPTB at eBay and let them know what happened. Hopefully they will terminate his account.
  5. Skaught Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just because the item was unlicensed doesn't mean the authorities won't help. I've ready plenty of accounts where authorities aided in recovering funds from sales gone bad on replica props, none of which were for licensed items.

Scott
  6. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Did you send him the money over the internet or in the mail? If you sent it in the mail the case is viable for international mail fraud.
  7. Slowmo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now I hadn't thought about that. I sent it in the mail. I might have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Doug
  8. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    print out all your emails with him. So that you have records of what he said you would get. Take pictures of what you received for records as well... and I say nail him... look into getting him on something and go for it.

Sucks that you got messed over something like that but he deserves to be brought up on charges-in my opinion.
  9. Fall-on-Jin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Dude im sorry, If the Authorities cant do anything you could threaten him with the fact you are moving into an area close to him with an intention to 'thank' him for his actions.

Seriously though, What he did was LOW. I hope he gets whats coming.
  10. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kinda weird that he sent video tapes. Wonder what he was trying pull there. You would think he would just not send anything. Almost like he was trying to insult you and rip you off.

What a dirtball.
  11. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    dont do none of that dobbin him in crap... its easy and more effective to track him down and either mob him or smoke him
  12. DarthWeenie Jedi Master

star 4
    The video tapes thing was just so he could prove if he had to that he sent something. Its harder for the victim to fight now. He cant say that you did something with the real object he was supposed to send you.

Hold onto those tapes!!

Keep them in a ziplock. Then, if he tries to use it against you, you got his fingerprints!
  13. Stemmi Force Ghost

star 3
    okay i thought id revive this thread......theres a guy on ebay who selling a boba fett fiberglass helmet.his user ID is now ozprops7. theres a reason its changed. if anyone familiar with TDH theres a thread over there too about it. but his name is chris hull and hes from australia. myself and another before me sent him payments for this helmet and he never shipped! so bidders beware!.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.