main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fraudulent Mandates (AU LOTF); Chapter IV Up - 8/13/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Altaysky, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaysky

Altaysky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    Title: Fraudulent Mandates
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: LOTF Alternate History
    Genre: Action/adventure, Drama
    Summary: The conflict between Corellia and the Galactic Alliance is erupting violently and threatening to erupt in a Galactic Civil War. The five worlds of Corellia have been blockaded as many Jedi are continually to be subject to the influence of the dark side. Yet, that will be the least of the galaxy's worries. Some say that Thrawn attempted to unite the galaxy in an orderly fashion against some threat in the Unknown Regions. But the same do not recognize that the Yuuzhan Vong did not come from the Unknown Regions...
    Author's note: Yay, I finally posted my first thing...ever. Feel free to give concrit. God knows I need it. Special thanks to G_Anakin for going through the agony of beta-reading this.

[b]Fradulent Mandates: Chapter I[/b]

[hr]
    Zev sighed to himself about how absolutely dreadful this entire debacle was.

"Honestly, the instructors have no sense of humor at all."

Zev found it to be to his benefit to not dwell any further on his mishaps and deviances back in Ossus. Thoughts swirled in his cranial space as he learned back into his seat. Though the mentioned space was often jokingly postulated to be empty, that postulation was unsurprisingly erroneous.

"Agh, they're probably sending me to Coruscant as punishment. Geez, why in the galaxy would anyone wanna live there? For that matter, why do we even have a temple there, it's not like we ever use it...unless we're forced to...like me. Uggh."

He threw his hands up and slunk even lower into his chair in resignation. His mind had already swished into another topic. In reality, the instructors DID have a sense of humor and appreciated it. They didn't send him to Coruscant because they were angry and wanted to punish him, though that was Zev's perspective. They sent him because everyone else was busy and they figured if he had enough time to pull off...shenanigans like that, he probably had open time.

"I. HATE. LONG. TRIPS. What kind of genius decided it would be a good idea to equip this ship with a holoprojector but no holodramas? Except the obligatory boring old Jedi holodocumentary that I've already seen like five hundred times, there's nothing to watch! Ah, my legs feel tingly; I'm going up for a walk."

With great effort, his body was able to lurch in the opposite direction of the chair. He yawned. A throbbing pain hit his head. It hurt. A lot. It hurt. A lot. Like an elephant on his head. Or a clamping vice on his head. Or something that hurt on his head. We can leave it at that.

He barely got his hand onto his forehead when the vice clamped. The elephant stepped down.

It didn't feel like an elephant stamping down really. It did at first, but at closer examination, it was different. It felt like someone was tearing tiny strips off of Zev's brain and shredding it. It felt like the strange grey matter was forced to bend...bend...and bend until they snapped with a satisfying squish.

The pain is simply unbearable. It felt like the very Force was pulling tendons out of his brain. But than again, brains don't have tendons. But it certainly felt like that...if Zev could describe it. Which he didn't. He was in no shape to.

Thankfully for him, it didn't last long. The young upstart apprentice, with great relief, floated off into the sanctuary of darkness and oblivion. His mind went, and his body quickly followed.

[hr]
    Lights flickered on and off. So annoying. These lights. This light is an eyesore. It hurts. This headache is horrible. This headache is horrible...

"These lights are an eyesore... These lights are an eyesore... These lights are an eyesore... [b]THESE LIGHTS ARE AN EYESORE![/b]"

The lights shattered. Glass shards clattered onto the metallic floor with an audible sound. Zev opened his eyes in shock. He had jolted upright while in what appeared to be a bed. He looked around quickly by shifting his eyes like he was one of those villains in holodramas. He loved shifting his eyes like

2. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    interesting start. we finally get to meet the Unkown Region terrors that Thrawn was so worried about. and they must be bad if they're causing those kind of Force tremors. should be interesting to see how the galaxy reacts to them.

just out of curiosity, will your OC's at least be running into the main canon characters at some point?

3. Altaysky

Jul 4, 2007
    They probably will. But don't worry, they'll be hardly the only characters I focus on...

Thanks for the interest. [:D]

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job padawan!

5. Altaysky

Jul 4, 2007
    G_Anakin: Thank you.

Fradulent Mandates: Chapter II

Waves of relief emanated across the ship. The trip was finally....over. It wasn't long, but the majority of passengers on the liner had no patience. Especially both Zev and Seithe. Zev closed his eyes and just rested for a rather uneventful minute at the ship docked into a dock leading to the Senate district.

He had wondered what this fantastic plaza had looked like when it was called the Sacred Precinct and it was on a planet called Yuuzhan'tar. Truly, he had never experienced the horrors of the Yuuzhan Vong war. Not old enough to remember the devastation in the galaxy, not old enough to remember even the terrifying appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong. The generation spared the horrors of the Galactic Civil War was devastated by the horrors of the Yuuzhan Vong. He wondered...

[i]"...would my generation...ever face such a thing...?"[/i]

Personally, he didn't think so. He thought it more productive to think optimistically that the galaxy had entered into a stage of peace, prosperity, and unity. After all, the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances brought together most of the galaxy. Hapans, Imperials, the New Republic, and others...even with this Corellian issue, his faith in the Galactic Alliance was unshaken. Yet...Seithe did not share this view. Somewhat fatalist, she accepted conflict even when it was unlikely as inevitable and viewed the Corellian incident as a coming sign of future violence. Even full-blown civil war.

"Hey Zev, I need to pick some stuff up, you can head over to the New Jedi Temple by yourself, I'll catch up with you..."

Zev just nodded in the direction of Seithe and started moving his body in the direction of the New Jedi Temple. He didn't personally like Coruscant, but the place had a mystical quality. Just the huge amounts of lights, people, buildings, even the force presence, it just overwhelmed his senses. The planet itself felt like it was alive...and things felt even more interconnected on Coruscant than in any planet he had ever been in. Probably a result of the World Brain.

In all honesty, Zev often got dizzy in Coruscant. Everything flying everywhere, huge heights, and towering skyscrapers. It just didn't fit him. Zev looked straight at the ground and concentrated on it until he found himself in the Senate Plaza. He sighed as his eyes wandered across the plaza. He felt like some kind of bug crawled up on his spine and bit it. He shuddered. It was a bright day in an open plaza but he felt as if he were in a dark and claustrophobic cemetery...or worse. Like everyone in the universe, he had a bad feeling about this as he inched across. There were a lot of people in the crowd, but there was a woman who just seemed to...allure him...and not in a good way.

Was allure the right word? Maybe. Zev stared at her for what seemed an eternity as her head slowly made its way toward his head and made eye contact. She was strangely...horrifying. Her skin was paper/chalk white, there were pure black circles under her eyes, and her eyes were frighteningly both yellow and bloodshot, a sickening yellow with red streaks. Her impractically long white hair draped down far down her back. Her hair was hardly sparkling or beautiful, it simply appeared...dead and unhealthy as if its host had died ages ago. She wore a somehow unsettling pendant with a scarlet red hooked cross. She was wearing some kind of strange full-length red robe or dress that seemed utterly alien and foreign. Her nails were painted the same red, a red that painfully reminded Zev of the lightsaber of many Sith Lords in those holodocumentaries he has seen. Her appearance and clothing strangely did not make her stick out like a sore-thumb, as shocking as it was. In a city with so many cities, the plaza was extremely diverse. Odd appearances to a human were commonplace. No, it was something...else.

Zev could not describe staring in her eyes. It was like staring at every nightmare he had as a child. It was like having the fire of his spirit smothered by a suffoca

6. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great job!

7. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Great beginning! I like the start and I think this will be a great story. Keep writing!

8. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    interesting post, well written. i like how Zev's thoughts on Coruscant, and this scary girl/woman. keep up the good work.

9. Altaysky

Jul 4, 2007
    Fradulent Mandates: Chapter III

Zev got used to waking up in white rooms. Really used to it. Sick of it in fact. He tried to sit up but there appeared to be a pressure on his head. Oh yes. His worst ideas were confirmed.

[i]Urghh...a headache...geez, how did I get here...?[/i]

There appeared to be another odd sound emanating from outside of the room. It sounded like an object was hitting another object in a quick rhythm. Zev inferred the sound likely originated from outside. Oh wait?it couldn?t be?.no?

[i]Urghh, I don't need this now?[/i]

"HEY DUDE, HOW YOU DOING!?!"

Seithe yelled this as she slid into the room. Zev didn't know if it was just him, but he was always more sensitive to loud noises right after he woke up. He wondered if the girl could be any more irritating than she was right now. Zev was just about to shoo her away but he didn't have energy. He half-heartedly muttered something out in resignation.

"...fine..."

Seithe appeared to get very angry. She didn't get angry, she was already perplexed and she often appeared angry when she was perplexed. With her worries assuaged, she let her confusion show out. His danger senses came alert.

"Alright....WHAT THE KRIFF WERE YOU KARKING DOING!?!?!?!?!?!"

Zev was suddenly taken aback by her waves of expletives, anger, and screaming. She was always an intimidating presence, so he somewhat backed into his bed a bit more away from her. She started rambling and ranting angrily on again.

"Wha-wha-wha?"

It unsurprisingly did nothing to calm down Seithe. Zev could just imagine a huge wall of fire behind her acting as background. Or maybe background with giant tigers and lions blowing each other up with fire. Regardless, he was probably in trouble. What did he do this time?

"What the hell were you thinking!?!? Attacking a random girl in broad light like that? Are you INSANE!?!?! I walk into the plaza and the first thing that I see is you?re attacking her! C.S.F. WOULD HAVE PROBABLY SHOT YOU OR HAULED YOUR SORRY ASS OFF TO JAIL IF SHE DIDN'T DEMAND OF THEM NOT TO! Damn, you picked the damn finest target to go loony on, anyone else would have had your ass hauled off to jail for attacking them with a lightsaber!"

Zev was shocked because he started to gather pieces of his memory and remember what he did. Wait, didn't he stab the lightsaber into her? He remembered clearly jamming it down on her again and again. He didn't see it, but he certainly remembered doing so. His lightsaber was on the tabletop next to his bed along with a glass of water he felt he should drink later. He pulled the lightsaber hilt toward him and in an act of impulse, clicked the activation switch. Nothing happened.

"Wondering about your lightsaber? You were lucky as hell, as normal. If your lightsaber's power cell hadn't run out of batteries a millisecond before you had the brilliant idea of plunging it in her chest. If not, you would probably get shot a month later for murder. Hell, even now, you're still lucky you didn't get charged with assault, battery, attempted murder, and etc. Hell, if I was a C.S.F. officer, I would have just dragged your poor excuse for a body all the way to jail and court. Idiot, you're absolutely terrible with a lightsaber. You charged it two weeks ago and you already ran out of energy. Hell, I've never had to recharge my lightsaber since I got it years and years ago. You fail at lightsabers. Badly. It?s pathetic."

Zev rolled his eyes at Seithe's comments. Even if she was far far more superior than him with pretty much everything even relating to a lightsaber, power cells had nothing to do with it! It was probably her training, coordination, and skill, not power cells. But she did make a point. He recharged it two weeks ago. He must have done something wrong for it to run out so early. Lightsabers almost never needed to be recharged. Some Jedi died of old age before ever having to recharge their batteries. And she made it another point. Why did the strange girl prevent the Coruscant Security Force officers from dragging

10. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

11. Altaysky

Jul 4, 2007
    Zev sighed as he lay sprawled on the seat. He was in a "lounge" room, lying prostrate on the sofa mostly because he was tired and there was a holonet connection the room. Seithe was slouching in another seat chewing on some food that Zev personally did not want to identify. He felt that something of that nature would be hazardous to his health. Especially if Seithe made him eat it. That would not be rather unhealthy at best, and fatal at worst.

Zev wasn't paying attention at all. He had an odd and bad premonition, but that was nothing sleep could never solve. He was about to doze off when Seithe threw a pillow at his face. He got up, rather irritated.

"Ow. What was that for?"

Seithe didn't appear to bother answering him. She rather pointed to the holoscreen and said curiously.

"Hmm...look, it's your friend."

Zev's eyes were half open when he responded. Her blatant and dripping sarcasm gave him a possible idea of who it was.

"Wha-?"

His comment was cut off when he swiveled his head toward the holoscreen. He was somewhat...surprised...even though he did have a strange feeling that it was that person...

It was obvious what caught his attention. Standing up on a podium quite curtly was the unsettling girl Zev had almost dismembered. She looked...very different than how Zev remembered her, but Zev barely remembered her in the first place. Her hair was a deep sparkling black in contrast to how Zev remembered it. Her face was still ridiculously pale, but it didn't quite look like paper, it looked now like a mixture of paper and ceramic. She was clearly dressed professionally, but she didn't bother doing anything to her hair. It still reached all the way down to her waist. Her eyes were however, unsettling as always. She simultaneously appeared both odd and fitting. It was...interesting. Members of the press were crowding around her.

"Ambassador Ceyere, are the rumors about your visit true?"

So her name was Ceyere. Oh wait no, that was probably her surname, not her last name. Ambassador? Zev was stunned. He just realized he appeared to the CSF as a potential assassin of a political figure. He gulped as he realized how lucky he was to survive and get off without penalty. It was almost unbelievable. He was shocked into silence. On the holoscreen, Ceyere answered quite calmly.

"Of course they are. Enduria is fully willing to negotiate a possible future ascension on the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. There is no need for rumors to float around because we are hiding no secrets. Everything is out in the open."

Another reporter quickly butted in.

"Ambassador Ceyere, why is it that the Enduria has recently entered negotiations with the GFFA in a time when so many planets are leaving?"

Ceyere replied coolly again.

"I see no planets leaving. The recent news involving Corellia renegotiating its pact with the rest of the GFFA is hardly anything for alarm."

Ceyere was so obviously lying, it was hysterical. Either that, or she was completely delusional. Appararently, she had completely ignored the fact that the Confederation and the Galactic Alliance have been openly at war and that several planets such as Commenor, Fondor, Adumar, Bespin, Bothawui, and several others have joined the Confederation. Not even to mention the somewhat recent Battle of Gilatter VIII. Well, politicians do have to choose their words...

"But about my question. Why did Enduria enter into negotiations?"

"We have to ensure our own security. We have no real navy to speak of like the two giant aggressive and expansionist superpowers that border us, the Chiss Ascendancy and the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium. With a friendly Galactic Alliance system not so far away from us, Bakura, it would be quite convenient for Enduria to join the Galactic Alliance, as long as we manage to reach fair terms with it, something I believe we can accomplish. I hold your Chief of State, Cal Omas, in very high regard. In our somewhat brief conversations, he appeared to be very reasonable and I believe we can go a long way with our negot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.