main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Frayed Ends of Sanity

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ikaika2884, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikaika2884

Ikaika2884 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2007
    Setting:
    Our story takes place in a Sanitarium 10 years in the future. The inmates are treated harshly by corrupt guards, and the city of Manhattan is plagued by the evil existence of this building. The Asylum is roughly the size of a mall by appearance, but has a vast network of underground rooms and labs, and is filled with criminally insane convicts from all over the United States. In this place of torture and human testing; however, there lay five beings of enormous potential who are destined to rise above their imprisonment......
    -----------------

Rules:

First, you may be one of three character types, an inmate with latent powers, a regular inmate, or a SWAT member. There are only five spots open for inmates with latent powers, it is first come first serve. If you are a member of the SWAT team, in the beginning you will not be in the Asylum, only after certain events occur will you be called to the Asylum. In that time period, feel free to post anything you'd like involving your character; whether they be at home with the family or on a seperate mission, anything is fine as long as it is well written and believable.

Second, there is also no God-Modding, and no controlling other people's characters, if you're fighting with another character, go ahead and attack, but don't say that you hit them, just attack and allow the other person to decide whether or not the shot hit. But, be reasonable, you will most likely get hit occasionally, so write that in.

Last, there will be NPC's in this RP who will interact with your characters, both Burning_Hatred and I will be controlling them, as he is going to Co-Gm this RP with me. Please PM your character sheets to either Burning_Hatred or Myself before posting them to see if they are acceptable or not.

Character Sheet for Inmates with Powers. 5 Slots available:

Name:
    Physical Description:(Sidenote; height, weight, etc...)
    Physical Appearance: (Sidenote; All inmates have shaved heads, even women; except in rare cases)
    Mental Description/Personality:
    Background Story:(Include reason for their captivity, and basic life story. Also, include how they gained their special power, or if they were born with it.)
    Special Ability:(for example, telekinesis, pyrokenesis(ability to control fire, but not create it), healing powers, feats of strength, feats of speed, ability to become invisible for short periods of time, extreme reflexes, ability to communicate with and control spirits, etc etc... Be creative!)
    Extra:

Character Sheet for S.W.A.T.:

Name:
    Physical Appearance:
    Personality:
    Weapons:(Sidenote; all S.W.A.T. members start out with an M4 Carbine assualt rifle, 4 flash bang grenades, stun batons, tranquilizer rounds, and basic rations. Yes, you must eat in this RP.)
    Basic Background:
    Extra:

Character Sheet for Regular Inmate:

Name:
    Physical Appearance: (Sidenote; All inmates have shaved heads, even women; except in rare cases)
    Mental Illness:
    Basic Background:
    Weapons or items:(I will allow these in very rare cases, so if you want to have a weapon or item, give a good description of how it was snuck into the facility, or gained/made)
    Extra:

ALSO:
    Abilities and specializations for ALL characters will grow throughout the storyline. This means, that in the beginning they will have only a weak comprehension of their power. I will award players bonuses to their characters(for example, finding a unique weapon, the ability to use their powers more effectively, a sudden understanding of the plot... etc etc.) for being clever or coming up with a unique solution to a problematic situation.
    -----------

MY CS:

Name: Prisoner #852-S James Mckillroy A.K.A. Smiles

Physical Description: Smiles is tall, a good 6'6" and very skiny only about 135 lb

Physical Appearance: Although he's very skinny, he still manages

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Welcome to the forums, Ikaika!

May I say that this concept looks very interesting: story plus environment look good. I'd join, but I'm close to saturation point for RPs at this stage, with commitments on their way for others. If it wasn't for these I'd be joining up. I hope you have fun, and I hope it runs well!

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Expect a CS from me soon...

4. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Name: Dean Mason (also Jake O'Connell, Stephen Blackman, and Phillip Sampson)

Physical Description: Dean is about 5'11", and weighs around 165 lbs.

Physical Appearance: Dean is of slight muscular build, with a shaven head and deep green eyes. His different identities, however, have different views of what they look like. Jake has shaggy red hair, blue eyes, and a pug nose. Stephen has olive skin, clean-cut light-brown hair and dark eyes. Phillip has dark hair, icy-blue eyes, and a small scar on his left cheek.

Mental Illness: DID (Disassociative Identity Disorder) aka Multiple Personality Disorder

Basic Background: Dean Mason led a very tragic life as a child. His mother, who was very fallacious and slept around, was almost never home, and when she was, she was either yelling at Dean or beating him. Dean's father, an alcoholic, blamed Dean for all his money and marital problems, and beat him severely on an almost-daily basis. His parents were always fighting or yelling at eachother, and many nights Dean never went to sleep because his parents fought all night long. When Dean was 5, his mother overdosed on cocaine, and his father became even more abusive and mean. He never let Dean go outside, and Dean didn't go to school, so he had no friends or other acquaintances to talk to or play with.

And so Dean, who spent most of his time in his room, created different identities to pass the time, becoming more and more withdrawn from the real world. These "other selves" became known as Jake, Stephen, and Phillip. Jake was the calm, relaxed kid that liked to read and do crafts (like make model airplanes and cars). Stephen was the big, strong kid of the group who wouldn't let anyone hurt the other kids. And Phillip was the small, shy, and nervous one who didn't talk much, but was quite intelligent. These identities would come every once in a while, about once every two weeks, and although his father didn't know what Dean was going through, the changes his personality and mannerisms went through made his father beat Dean even more. (Dean was too withdrawn, Jake was "too helpful" which made his father think he had done something bad, Stephen backtalked and challenged his father's authority too much, and Phillip was too nervous and seemed smaller, which gave his father more pleasure because he seemed like a "big man", if you understand what I'm trying to say)

One day, when Dean was 14, his father came into his room and beat him with a chair. Stephen, the identity who had taken over at the time, waited until his father was asleep, then went into his room and stabbed him. The next morning the apartment's owner came to collect the rent, and found Dean's father dead, and called the police. The police arrested Dean after collecting his fingerprints off of the knife, but when it was found that he had absolutely no memory of the incident, and passed a polygraph test, he was taken in for testing. The doctors he saw began to notice the changes he went through as his other selves took over, and when it was found that these different Dean's had different names, he was diagnosed with DID and put into a mental health institution while his trial was still underway. A few months later, when Stephen had taken over again, he confessed to the murder, and so Dean was transfered to the Asylum.

It has been 5 years since Dean first came to the Asylum, and as he has grown and matured, so have his other selves. Dean has become more normal than he was as a child, but is still somewhat softspoken and withdrawn. Jake has become more kind and helpful, Stephen has become more hard-edged and dominating (and has also started smoking), and Phillip has become a little less nervous and paranoid, but has grown a lot smarter.

Weapons or items: Stephen made a small shank out of a chicken bone that he hides inside his bed mattress

Extra: Stephen has become more and more dominating in the past couple months...

5. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Name: Erik Alyx Johnson
    Physical Description: 5'11", 210 pounds, black hair, hazel eyes
    Physical Appearance: simple jeans and a t-shirt when not in SWAT armor
    In body armor: [image=http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/b/b3/Halo3ODST.JPG]
    Personality: Distant, somewhat anti-social, though he is an avid team-player
    Weapons:M4 Carbine assualt rifle, 4 flash bang grenades, stun batons, tranquilizer rounds, and basic rations.
    Basic Background: Erik has been a member of the SWAT of the Greater Manhattan area for 4 years, ever since he graduated from the Law Enforcment academy. He's nothing special really, just good at what he does. He doesn't talk much and when he does its to the point an necessary, occasionally he'll crack a joke or two if he feels like it but it generaly relates to the situation.
    Extra: Push comes to shove, he's got a combat knife.

6. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    Could you please hold a slot for an Inmate with no powers? I need some time to write up a character sheet.

7. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    GM Approved
    Name: Nick Argos
    Physical Description: 5?7?; 100lb; short, skinny, stealthy.
    Physical Appearance: Tanned skin, short cropped dark brown hair, nicely toned but not super buff. If Nick was bit taller he?d be military recruitment poster material. When not in uniform he usually wears jeans and a
    Personality: Light hearted but knows when to keep his mouth shut. Tries to lighten up tension with a joke or two.
    Weapons: M4 Carbine assault rifle, 2x .22 caliber semi auto pistols, 4 flash bang grenades, stun batons, tranquilizer rounds, 8? combat knife, hands, basic rations (great back up weapon in a tight spot).
    Background: Normal kid, normal life. His parents were never rich, but they had enough to get by. Nick went to a decent school, not one of the best perhaps, but decent. His grades were always good and he was usually we behaved, never picking fights or annoying people. It therefore came as some surprise to his parents when he decided to join the police force straight out of school. He did quite well on the entrance exam and proceed to make a name for himself. He made quite a name for himself not only as a good officer but also as an exemplary marksman. When the opportunity came to apply for SWAT he jump at it.
    He has served with distinction for 13 years now, and is universally accepted as one of the best marksmen in the Force.
    Extra: Excellent marksman at short to mid range. Decent at long range. Rarely uses a scope.
    Not the greatest at hand to hand combat but he can hold his own.

8. Ikaika2884

Jun 19, 2007
    There are plenty of open slots for that character, don't worry. I'd also like to note that the person I'm replying to now will be using the name Erasthmus from now on...

Also, there are three people who have already submitted characters with powers, so there are only two slots left to be filled. Again, it's first come first serve. Thanks everybody for showing such interest in this RP.

There is one thing that I'd like to point out, I have gotten a PM by mods expressing a bit of concern over how graphic this RP is and will possibly be. In other words, once this gets underway, we need to keep the graphic violence down to a minimum, at least in gory detail.

9. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    GM Appoved

Name: Inmate#999 Jason Herco
    Physical Description: medium hieght, very very thin
    Physical Appearance: looks small and harmless with huge,deep black etes
    Mental Illness: Catatonic schizophrenia. He rarely reacts to external stimuli, and spends most of his days staring blankly at the wall.
    Basic Background: He was well loved and happy for most of his childhood. He was raised by his single mom in a small but comfortable apartment.

His mother loved him dearly, and she spent as much time as possible with her child. Jason was very immaginative,and his mom was very religious. Mixing the two, Jason immagined heaven as a child, and he quickly became immersed in the land he created. his mom encouraged his immagination, beieving it to be a gift of his.

However, at age eleven his life came crashing done. His mother was murdered by an insane serial killer. Jason blamed himself for the disastor, and quickly drownded in guilt,self-pity,and deppression. And he attempted suicide

After which he became totally imersed in his imagination. Believing his attempt at suicide succesful, he imagined he was at heavens gate where he was banished from heaven for not saving his mother, and sent to limbo. In limbo, he slowly began decaying until his arms were completely skeletal and his flesh black.

In the real world, he was taken to the new york institution for the legaly insane for treatment. He escaped.

In his dark fantasy, he imagined himself joining a rebellion against heaven. He became a warrior and soon marched into the city of Astrag, filled with limbonians who supported heaven. The battle began.

In the real world, jason marched into the city of new york and began attacking people at random. He killed three people with an old, rusty knife. He was eventually detained by the police. On the way to jail, he talked constantly of the dark realm in his mind.

He was diagnosed with schizophrenia and put into the asylum. There, he began catatonic. In his imagination, he has been detained by soldiers, and put in a prison until satan could claim his soul for hell...

OOC: ahh no graphc content :(

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Mr. I(kaika)nsane Approved

Name: Sam Douglas
    Physical Description: 6?5? 200 pounds
    Physical Appearance: Sam is tall and muscular with a fading tan. He has bulging muscles and a thick neck. He has scars on his wrists from cutting himself as a kid. He cut himself on a fence as a kid and the scar remains on his cheek.
    Mental Description/Personality: Sam is extremely smart but never talks. He smiles when people threaten him and he whispers to them what he will do to them. The guards mostly leave him alone because he doesn?t react to pain and he creeps most all of them out. When he is beaten he laughs.
    Background Story: Sam was born with his power and when he was young he used to beat up other kids and they could never hit him back. He cut himself when he was 14 because his entire family was killed by a gang. He was jailed after robbing a bank and then feeling cocky and trying again.
    Special Ability: Enhanced Reflexes
    Extra: Sam has a fortune he hid away after robbing the bank and he keeps it quiet but he is planning an escape attempt.

OOC:Ikaika, could you maybe ask them to put a Caution on the Thread title? So that we could warn people if they enter the thread they may end up in an insane asylum themselves.

11. Ikaika2884

Jun 19, 2007
    LMAO @ I(kaika)nsane, and I'll see what I can do to get some lee-way for this RP.

12. -Erasmus-

-Erasmus- Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2007
    GM Approved

Name: Tobias Ost
    Physical Description: Weight: 145 lbs. Height: 5? 6? Hazel eyes, olive skin.
    Physical Appearance: Tobias is small of stature; He would have brown hair if it was not shaved. He has an alert probing stare, and often makes the guards and doctors a little uneasy being around him.
    Mental Illness: BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) with psychotic elements. Schizoaffective Disorder (Depressive type).
    Basic Background: Tobias had a fairly normal life in the beginning. When he was young he even had friends, but as he got older his parents noticed that he could not keep friends. He was hiding in his room, and rarely came out to eat.

As his Fourteenth Birthday came and went he knew that something was different about himself, he just could not put his finger on it. He had never really connected with his peers, the jokes that they thought were funny were not to him. He felt detached from society. Nothing that was ?normal? appealed to him.

A few months after he turned Fourteen he tried to kill his Therapist, and ended up almost killing him self, he had apparently been hiding his psychosis for years. The Doctors informed his parents that he was: a threat to himself and others, and would have to been committed to the local Psychiatric hospital for a few days or weeks. During Tobias? stay he only got worse. Until one day out of nowhere his psychosis left him. No one could explain it, so he was discharged to home.

Six months later Tobias? killed his Psychiatrist, and attempted suicide yet again. This time the state had to step in and take him away. He was deemed a ward of the state and, criminally insane two weeks later. His parents have never come to visit him. He said he only wanted to: ?Stop it all? when asked why he did what he did.

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    APPROVED

Name: Horace Reinhart
    Physical Description: 5' 10", 160 lbs, wiry physique.
    Physical Appearance: Appears smaller than he truly is due to the way he holds himself. Very thin, shaved head with bits of stubble poking up, sharp features. Perpetually sad look on his face.
    Mental Illness: Bi-Polar Disorder and Schizophrenia
    Basic Background: Repressed urges and emotions as a child lead to Horace developing odd symptoms which can only be described as a mix of bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. Institutionalized for his own "good", though all he really needs is someone to love him.
    Weapons or items: None.
    Extra: His illness is manifested, to him, as a tall, dark, mighty and vengeful being. This being constantly abuses and torments his already fragile mind. He can sometimes be heard talking to it late into the night.

14. Ikaika2884

Jun 19, 2007
    I'd like to say that I'm going to be postponing the launch for this RP for about a week or so, due to the fact that Burning_Hatred will be out of town, and also because I am currently working up some more plot ideas that I just thought up, along with the previously stated attempt at gaining some leeway for our posts. Anyway, I know you all are anxious to get this underway, but I'd appreciate it if you would just bear with me for the time being. Thanks everybody, I appreciate it.

15. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    Gm Approved

Name: Tom Toohey
    Physical Description: Black Skin, 5' 7'', 203 pounds

Physical Appearance: Tom usualy wears light brown shorts and a red t-shirt out of armor. His head is shaved.

In Armor:(( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/GoW-Carmine.jpg )) Tom tends to wear Heavy battle armor.

Personality: Tom tends to find Humour in most situations and extreamly social. He dislikes going alone when on missions.

Weapons: M4 Carbine assualt rifle, 4 flash bang grenades, stun batons, tranquilizer rounds, and basic rations.

Basic Background: Tom grew up in St. Louis, Missouri. He went to Catholic school and struggled with his grades. Highschool was the same way. After Highschool he followed his father as a policeman. He transfered to New York at age 22. At age 24 he joined the Swat Team and has been with them eversence.

Extra: If he runs out of ammo, he is very good at fist fighting.

16. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet for S.W.A.T.:

Name: Dmentae Salamander Uay
    Physical Description: 2.3m height, 85kg, athletic.
    Physical Appearance: Silvery white hair to claves, prominent cheek bones, moderate tan. Scar on right cheek, scar crossing left eye, but not damaging it.
    He always wears full black clothes, normally a hooded robe or matrix-type coat when not in his S.W.A.T armour:
    Personality: kind but does not smile or laugh or cry.
    Weapons: M4 Carbine assault rifle, 4 flash bang grenades, stun baton, tranquilizer rounds, basic rations, Combat knife/sword, Dual Mp's.
    Basic Background: Dmentae was born in Transylvania and moved to America at the age of 17 with his parents, there he joined the police and his natural abilities and strength let him climb through the ranks where he reached S.W.A.T level, and declined any promotions after that.
    Extra: Uses swords alot, due to his Medieval birthplace, he uses his Dual Mp's with great skills and accuracy, even against moving targets, and even when he himself is moving. He is an expert survivalist.

17. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    Name: Katherine Elizabeth Dawson.- Kitty

Number: 769-K

Physical Description: Kitty?s short, only about five feet and has a shapely, curvy figure. Her hands, wrists and left hip bone are marred by tiny scars (most severely on her hipbone).

Physical Appearance: A beautiful young woman with feathered, long black hair and bangs, she had the ends bleached white. Her eyes are a bright, shocking ice blue.

Mental Description/Personality: Withdrawn and quiet, she has a mischievous personality, even a bit evil at times. She enjoys torturing other interns, unless they somehow manage to get in her good side. Believed to be severely Paranoid Schizophrenic.

Background Story: Kitty was never a ?normal? girl. As soon as she started walking, she began developing a violent personality towards namely every person around her, curiously never showing such to animals. Kitty would break stuff, hit people and even sometimes cause near-fatal accidents and then blame someone else.

When six year old Kathy started talking to herself, her mother didn?t think much of it, as she had heard of kids making up imaginary friends very often. But when Liz?s violence increased, as did her nightmares, the woman took her young girl to as therapist who diagnosed her with Schizophrenia.

15 year old Kitty claims her grandmother was the one who told her to stab her mother?s husband and step son, resulting in the boy?s death.

Of course, no one believed her. As a result Kitty became more and more bitter towards other humans -except a selected few-, and uses her ?abilities? to make their lives vivid hells. It was then when she was forced into the Asylum. However, she went berserk when they tried and shaved her head, and promised she would ?be a good girl? if she was allowed to keep her hair.

Katherine inherited her ?disease? (a.k.a powers) from her grand mother, and her great grandmother, both of which ended up committing suicide.

Special Ability: Communication with spirits, can persuade them into doing her bidding.

Extra: Kathy isn?t really mentally ill. She?s just a very bitter, distrustful young woman with an ability no one should be forced to have. Although she's very slowly willingly letting go of her sanity.

18. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    Chara Cont:

Uhh, for some reason my thing left out the pic for my armour, well here it is.

www.nanotech-now.com/images/US-Army-Soldier-Systems/FW_MKII_1_Hi-med.jpg

19. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Name:Anna Solsun
    Physical Description:
    height-5'3"
    weight-104 lbs
    Physical Appearance:Emerald eyes that usually go with deep Aburn hair but now where her lushes hair used to be is just a little layer of dark red fuzz. Anna is strong and lith. Her body is pretty square for a girl as she has not yet devolped her curves.
    Mental Description/Personality:At one time Anna was a carefree girl with a shiny personality. Now this is only ture when she is 'Marie' her other side that occasionally takes over. This other personality is Anna's only mental problem, minus the abuse of the testing and grauds.
    Background Story:Anna was born an extraordinary girl. She lived in Tennesse with her mother and father until her powers became noticable. As a child Anna always seemed very active, this was due to her power to 'suck' people's life force and use it as power forherself. Though at the time she didn't know. Over time she figured it out and shied away from people. One day Anna slipped on the floor and cracked her head open. Her little sister, Marie, came to help her and when Marie touched her Anna seemingly sucked Marie into herself to have enoug energy to survive. This left her five year old sister dead and living forever in Anna's head. It was this reason that Anna was taken away. She has only 'sucked' someone once after that. It was a gaurd trying to push her to far. He now lives within Anna but never comes out. Because of this Anna remember's all the things both people knew and can, on occasion, do things that she wouldn't be able to useing the gaurds memory, when she comes near people or anything living she absorbs their extra energy and it becomes raw power for her to use.
    Special Ability:The ability to absorb extra energy from living things, her body does use this to portect her and will take all of someone's life force if Anna needs the energy. If Anna does suck the entire life out of someone they 'live' within her forever. This has only happened twice but one of the two can take control. When Anna absorbs extra energy she can turn it into raw power, now it simply gives her a small boost physically. (I hope to devolpe this power until she can control just how much energy she takes and can manifest it into a physical enery like lightning)
    Extra:When Anna was young she took karate and remembers how to use it well.

This sheet may change slightly. It is up to the GM who has seen most of it but not all.

20. Ikaika2884

Jun 19, 2007
    I'd just like to point out to those of you who haven't realized yet, but unfortunately, my life got pretty busy recently and I won't really have the time to run this RP properly. I'm sorry about that, I really am. If there is one of you who'd like to run this RP in my place, feel free, I don't mind at all, run it how you see fit. I'm sorry for getting all your hopes up, but I really can't control when my boss slots me in for time between my classes each semester, so again, I'm sorry and please enjoy yourselves on the forum.

21. GraySaberFreque

Nov 23, 2006
    I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Anyone else?

22. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    Lets do it =)

23. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    Oh don't let this die! Lets pull it together!

24. GraySaberFreque

Nov 23, 2006
    Right, I nominate Genimay for GM.......

Meesa Cruel lol.

I'll PM the others.

25. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    Um...me?

I can try but I might need some help...okay...maybe alot of help but I know we can do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.