main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Freaking ALIAS

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Moka, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    that might have been Naima....

2. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    ok i wanted to share my pains in here as well... as you previously read jankarak bought the season 1 on dvd... well him being the kind friend he is he offered to let me borrow it or watch it with me... and thus the sickness began.. I ended up watching the entire season in 3 days, it would have been 2 but he didnt have one of the dvds with him... then a few days after that i groveled and begged and bribed talon for season 2 thus i have watched the first 13 episodes (ending on the superbowl episode which is a terrible one to end on) in 12 hours..... it is a sickness and it has taken over my body, but the scary thing is... i think im ok with it....

does anyone else scream to the tv screen during the show or is that just me?

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Welcome to Alias. You now understand.

4. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Just you wait until you see the NEXT season. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

5. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok I have made a new record for myself.. i just completed season 2 in 2 days... and after watching season 2 i have some thoughts.... if someone is reading this and has not seen the show then be warned there are spoilers.....

1. Sark is the coolest guy in the world (I know many will disagree and say he is just mediocre, but he has a special place in my heart now)

2. Sydney Bristow is so freaking emotional.. she talks often about compartanilizing (or something) her emotions, but in every single episode of season 2, and i did keep track, she cries... how is it that an agent has managed to stay alive this long when she is so ruled by emotions? Jack being alive I can understand, but sydney is such a freaking girl, the only saving point of her is that she is hot, otherwise she is a dumb character... loved her in season 1, thought she was dumb and sappy season 2...

3. AAAAHHHHHH the season finale.... AHHHHHHH... 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!?!?! VAUGHN IS MARRIED?!?!?!?!?!?!?! so...much....confusion....head...hurts....

4. Will is cool.. hated him 1st season, love him this season, glad he's still alive, I hope hes all in the CIA now more than he was before....

5. and marshall is just about the coolest guy in the world, as far as the good guys are conserned, Sark is still cool as the bad guy...

6. and I hope they explain more of this rembaldi crap in the next season cause so far i'm not really buying into it, I find it a kinda dumb story idea, but hopefully it all gets explained next season cause i have lost interest in the whole prophecy crap. There was a couple of episodes that it looked like it might have turned all sci-fi or x-filey on us, and as much as i like that genre, it would be a shame to see alias go that route...

7. and what happened to the CIA office from season 1? did i miss that episode where all the CIA guys (vaughn and weiss) now work in this new cool office with the FBI guy? I was confused about that...
    so many questions, so many concerns, i hope season 3 helps at least some of them...

ok im done now.. its late... im tired... i just watched alias for 9 hours so sorry if i ranted or went a little crazy, just needed to talk about my confusions, maybe someone can help me out here... i am now officially caught up, so someone please talk me through this trying time in my life before sunday night....

6. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW
    MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW
    MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW
    MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW
    MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW

I think most of your confusion comes from watching it all in 2 days. Spread over time you are able to think about it all and process it. They have played close attention to detail in every episode and always reference several episodes in the past to bring you up to speed in the opening.

Sydney was not emotional until she found out her mom, who was a Russian agent just acting as mommy, killed several CIA agents, used her dad for all the info, and "died" when she was just a young girl, was actually not dead. And then to top it all of, her mom shot her, turned herself in and says "I did it all because I love you Sydney." I'm pretty sure anyone would be an emotional wreck after all that. Jack is just so pissed off by her that's the only emotion he really shows, but he is really a softy when it comes to Sydney.

I thought Sark was cool the first few episodes he was in, but now he's pretty boring. I'm sure he'll have more of a part to play next season. I just don't see him staying Sloane's lapdog.

Marshall is the best character on the show.

I find Rombaldi very interesting especially after the episode where they compare Sloane getting a piece of paper to every major tragic event in the history of the world. I really want to know what that's about. And I really think the 2 year absence of Sydney has something to do with her face on the Rombaldi document.

I'm not sure which office you're talking about, but they did have a special place to keep watch over Syd's mom. But they've been in there since she turned herself in and that was practically the whole season they spent there, which I believe is underground.

I'm looking forward to Sunday for sure. That was one of the biggest cliffhanger season finales in the history of tv.

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Alias is stupid.

8. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    I'll just ignore that last post... :(

I thought that they had decided that it was not Sydney's face on the document, but it was Irene's. Didn't they measure her heart or something and find out that Sydney was okay? Perhaps I am just remembering wrong. It has been awhile since that all happend.

9. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Yes they decided it wasn't Sydney that it was Sydney's mom. But during one of the last episodes, Syd's mom told her it was actually Sydney. I don't know if that's true, its just what happened.

10. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    oh...well how does irene know that? i will have to watch them again.

11. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Gonna ignore my post, eh? I'll post it again:

Alias is the worst show in the world!

12. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    They decided it had to be Sydney's mom in the first season because Sydney saw the mountain in Italy and the prophecy said that the person talked about would never see it.

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Im gonna regret this I know, but if Alias is a bad show in your opinion what is a good show?

14. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Soooo...maybe it is a moutain that has the same name?

15. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    best show on right now is "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

16. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
  17. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia, once you start down the path of Acthar's bizarro, nonsensical rants, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Beware!

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You notice I didnt respond.

19. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Whoo!!!! SEASON PREMIRE!!!! TONIGHT!!!!!!

20. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    thought I would bring this post back

21. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I miss Alias.... I wish I had my laptop and my dvds with me... I would watch Alias and Saved By The Bell ALL DAY LONG!!!!!

22. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    New ALIAS in 12 days. Stupid ALIAS. Making me wait so long. Stupid JJ Abrams.

23. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I think Alias is starting to get a little cocky with themselves "Oh we're so cool we can only show a new episode a month and people will still watch." Thats dumb cause the season 3 dvd is going to be like one disc. they need to snap out of their dumbness before I snap them out of it... and I'll do that with my fists... or with vicious rhetoric

(that last line was from a movie)

24. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Actually after this dry spell I think we will all appreciate it because that means all new episodes until almost the end of the season.

25. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    oh... well then I take back what I said about fists and vicious rhetoric.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.