main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Freaky Friday (Humor, Padmé & Leia Switch Places) Post Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Title: Freaky Friday
    Author: AnakinsFavorite
    Characters: Luke, Leia, Padmé, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Bail Organa, and more?
    Era: Post ROTS, AU
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: Padmé is a widowed senator who is too busy to spend adequate time with her children- or get remarried, even. Leia is still upset by her father?s sudden death and has resorted to making the rest of the family just as miserable as she. What happens when these two women, who have not had a real connection in the past few years, suddenly switch bodies? Will they be able to survive the chaos and perhaps, just maybe, be able to understand each other?
    Disclaimer: I own neither Star Wars nor Freaky Friday.
    Author?s Note: This is for all of us who? erm, scrapped with our mothers. This is also for my own mother who never approved of my obsession with Star Wars or my love for writing. Let?s just say that she would kill me if she knew I was on here. It?s all good, though- I never understood her either!
    If you ever see this, I love you, Mum. :p

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." ~Author Unknown

A Life Ruined

Leia

It had been two years since Leia Skywalker had decided that life was unusually unfair to her, and she wasn?t about to change her opinion. It had also been a whole twelve standard hours since she?d made her last death threat to her twin brother, Luke, something which was about to change?

?Leia, it?s time to get up- do you want to be late for your training?? the all-too familiar voice of her mother exclaimed.

You have no idea?

An angry thump on her bed showed that her mother was steadily loosing her patience, something which didn?t disappoint the young woman.

Clunky footfalls showed that her twin was also in the room, something which did annoy Leia exceedingly. ?Come on, wake up- you wouldn?t want to miss a chance of being able to drool over that smuggler wannabe, would you?? he hissed into her ear, his voice tickling her.

?That?s it!? she screamed, her rage finally boiling over. With lightning-quick reflexes that revealed her Jedi-traits, the girl threw back her blankets and bolted off her bed in an instant. ?Get out of my room!? she screamed, chasing Luke out of it.

Running for his dear life- something not far from the truth seeing as how he?d purposefully peeved his pubescent sister- Luke managed to make it to the stairs before she could adequately hurt him.

?And stay out!? she screamed down at him as he descended the stairs. Leia didn?t care how wild she looked in her pajamas and her hair flying about like crazy or that the servants might over hear. ?It is my room, my private place! If you want to snoop, visit the girls? changing room at the Temple.?

?Now, Leia,? her mother said patiently from within her own doorway. ?Is that any way for a young lady to act?? In her hands was a mug of ?caf- she was already trying to survive a hectic day. From the way her brow was furrowed, it seemed that the twins had already accomplished their goal of giving her a headache.

After making a nondescript shriek, Leia stomped her foot on the ground. ?You do not understand what it?s like- he?s trying to ruin my life!?

?You?re doing a fair job of it yourself,? Padmé said dryly. ?Now, hurry up and get ready.?

As if determined to prove to her mom that she could force the woman to wait on her, the teenager stormed back into her room and put on the first things she found- which conveniently happened to be waiting for her on the floor. They weren?t that wrinkly- after fanning them out a little bit, they seemed to have been worn only once in the past month. It isn?t like I?m not going to change into my robes once I get to the Temple she sulked all the while looking at her appearance in the mirror.

Satisfied with what she saw, Leia stormed out of her room and into her mother?s room where she threw herself down on the wide bed.

?You aren?t really going to wear that? are you??

Looking down at her ens

2. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I love the movie "Freaky Friday" [face_dancing] and this is going to be interesting how you'll be crossing Star Wars into it [face_mischief] hehe.

What happened to Anakin, how did he die [face_thinking]?

Please add me to your PM list!

3. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Luke sounds like my little brother. :p Ok, he's 21, so he isn't "little," but you get my point.

I'll be honest, Freaky Friday has never been my favorite story, but I'm game for a Star Wars version of it. It might be more fun with Padme and Leia. Add me to the PM list.

I am also curious as to what happened to Anakin? :(

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sounds interesting, add me to the PM list please? :)

5. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I agree, it does sound interesting! Please add me to your PM list!

jazz

6. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    I can't quit picturing Lindsay Lohan for your Leia in the story instead of Carrie Fisher. It otta be interesting to see how you determine exactly how they switch bodies. Can you add me to the PM list too? Thanks.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Even though I'm not much of a Freaky Friday fan, I really like your story so far. :)
    I love the way you wrote Luke and Leia arguing. Too funny!

It had also been a whole twelve standard hours since she?d made her last death threat to her twin brother, Luke, something which was about to change?
    Oh dear. Run Luke, run! :p

Clunky footfalls showed that her twin was also in the room, something which did annoy Leia exceedingly. ?Come on, wake up- you wouldn?t want to miss a chance of being able to drool over that smuggler wannabe, would you?? he hissed into her ear, his voice tickling her.
    ?That?s it!? she screamed, her rage finally boiling over. With lightning-quick reflexes that revealed her Jedi-traits, the girl threw back her blankets and bolted off her bed in an instant. ?Get out of my room!? she screamed, chasing Luke out of it.
    Running for his dear life- something not far from the truth seeing as how he?d purposefully peeved his pubescent sister- Luke managed to make it to the stairs before she could adequately hurt him.
    ?And stay out!? she screamed down at him as he descended the stairs.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] LOL! That was hilarious. I could see the whole thing! [face_laugh]

Great job so far! I'm really looking forward to more! =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Kathleen_Solo

Kathleen_Solo Jedi Knight

Dec 12, 2006
    Cool i like it. keep going!!! i would LOVE to be added to the PM list if u have time.
    and i also would like to know what happened to anakin!! lol
    Love Kathleen @};- Solo [face_alien_1]

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Very nice beginning. I can tell this is going to be quite the adventure!!

Please add me to your PM list.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D==D= =D=

10. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Great start! =D= And yes pretty please for a PM! :D

11. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! What a great start! [face_laugh]

Love the interaction between Padme and Leia - and Luke and Leia too for that matter. Even though things aren't all sunshine and roses, they do seem very family-like. I think we all remember those teenage years. [face_worried] [face_plain]

Definitely put me on the PM list for this one - I can't wait to see how Padme and Leia handle the switch-a-roo that's about to happen. :D

12. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Hahahaha! [face_laugh] I bet your love for bad movies has inspired this. :D Add me to the PM. [face_batting]

13. Lord_Redav

Lord_Redav Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    I haven't had a good laugh like this for a long time,add me to your PM list. Leia's definetely inhereited her father's temper.

14. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Good start! I take it Han is lurking on the edges of the Skywalker family? ;)

How old are the twins in this?

15. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    [face_laugh] this is Funny.

16. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

randomangel22:
    I love that movie too, but that is because it was so reflective of my youth- irrational teenage daughter vs. stodgy mom. Guess which one I was! Don?t worry- it can be crossed over! I?ll add you for sure!

jmsbndgrl: I don?t have a brother, but I can imagine that, if I did, it would have been like this. I liked the movie (despite the fact it had LL in it) because it was so true for me being a crazy teen. You?re added!

Healer_Leona: Absolutely! Consider yourself added!

Jazz_Skywalker: ?This is where all the fun begins!? You?re added!

Darth-Semians: Hey, just trust me when I say that any teenage girl can go on a hormonal rampage- even Leia! Hey, we don?t know what she was like as a teen, and she does have some pretty interesting genetics! You?re added!
    dancing_star: Thank you! It means a lot to me? considering you don?t like the original (it had to grow on me for me to enjoy it!) Yes, Luke had better run! I?m glad you liked this!

Kathleen_Solo: Thank you! Consider yourself added? and you shall find out!

KELIA: Body-switching tends to be quite an adventure! Consider yourself added!

Aiel: Thank you, and of course you?re added!

VA_Parky: Thank you, Master! Yes, this is all familiar- in a very scary and realistic way! You?re added!

Minela: Hey, watch it or I?ll do an Ice Princess crossover next! *Muses about it* You know, I do think there?s an exact aerodynamic formula for making the perfect crossover! Just kidding! You?re added.

Lord_Redav: Aww! I?m glad I could give you a laugh. You?re added!

PonyTricks: Thanks! Yes, Han is going to weasel his way into this story! The twins are into the onslaught of hormonal rampages- fourteenish!

ccp: Thank you, my friend! I hope you continue to enjoy this!

PM List: If you wish to be added or I?ve forgotten you, just let me know!

randomangel22, jmsbndgrl, Healer_Leona, Jazz_Skywalker, Darth-Semians, Kathleen_Solo, KELIA, Aiel, VA_Parky, Minela, Lord_Redav

Mum, I still love you :p

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." ~Herm Albright, quoted in Reader's Digest, June 1995

Busted? Again

Padmé

Padmé was having a bad day. It had started the moment she?d woken up- the woman had been so tired that she hadn?t noticed that she?d put no filter in her ?caf maker and had consequently ruined the first cup of it? and had consumed almost the entire thing before noticing. Then, the twins had been at it? again.

To top off her morning, after having dropped off the twins (who had still been fighting), the Senator was side-swiped by another speeder. The woman had been in such a rush to get up to the Senate that she?d not bothered to pause? until the damages caused her to become stranded. Bail had come to pick her up and have the speeder taken off, but even seeing her fiancée wasn?t enough to brighten her day.

Five cups of ?caf later and not feeling any better, Padmé was sitting behind her desk hearing a dozen of her aides prattle on and on? all the while she was wondering if they?d hired a caterer for the wedding.

More than likely? no.

At that moment when she felt like her head was actually going to explode, Sabé rushed in. ?My Lady, the caterer has been trying to contact you all morning. He says that he will not be able to do it in this short amount of time.?

I guess, then? the answer is no.

Slumping forward in a less than dignified way, the Senator buried her face in her hands and let out a slight groan.

?Don?t worry about it, my dear,? Bail soothed, rubbing her shoulders.

Only this had the power to calm her down, and Padmé looked up at him gratefully. ?Thank you, Bail. What would I ever do without you?? Smiling, she kissed his hand. ?Have I told you today that you are wonderful??

?Not yet,? he said with a smile, leaning down to kiss her lightly

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Wow... that's one evil instructor-dude! [face_skull] Is he a Sith in Jedi clothing? At this rate, he's going to force Leia to the darkside. [face_devil] - On another note, so Han is only five years older in this fic, huh? [face_thinking] Well, since Leia is only 14 at this point, it will still be another three or four years before he can make his move. [face_mischief]

18. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Interesting. Where is Anakin?

19. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Man, Ferus is certainly acting like a jerk. I'm really surprised that Leia didn't hit him... Padme's getting remarried - to Bail?

I'm curious about what happened to Anakin as well, but I'm sure you'll tell us in time!

20. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    I believe you found the exact areodynamic formular for this plot. ;)

21. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Man Ferus is one evil teacher [face_skull] because I would've already done something physical to him by then [face_mischief].

But still curious what happened to Anakin [face_thinking] and Ferus better watch what he says in front of Leia or she'll go Dark Side on him [face_skull].

And Padme's marrying Bail...uh dunno what to say to that cause I don't know never really liked their pairing other than as friends but I guess its gotta work in the story since Anakin's dead.

Great post!

22. nate_the_great

nate_the_great Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Heh. Very funny! :D

I'd love to see this in an upcoming issue of Star Wars tales. Very good idea and execution! PM list please! :D

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Heeee!!! Padme's conversation with Ferus was cracking me up! I love how flustered and annoyed he got when she asked if it was his grudge against Anakin that was the real reason he was calling. Too funny!!!

Whew - as you know, this week has not been the best ever for me. But this provided such a wonderful break from the stress. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. This story is a lot of fun.

Nice work, hon, as always! =D=

24. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Somebody please kill Ferus. I vote for Obi-Wan since I saw in the character list that he was in this story. :p How dare Ferus make Leia cry! :mad:

Either that or we need a Force ghost to smack that man over the side of the head. :p

Oh well, hopefully Han will make Leia feel better.

25. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Wait, wait, wait, wait... Padme is engaged, after you already said that Anakin is dead, to Bail? Bail Organa? Why? :confused:

I'll get over the initial shock, but still. And the fact that Han is only 5 years older than Leia - hmmm. [face_mischief]

I really liked how Luke used his "Older Brother" remark to her. I know some twins and the one that came first always likes to say they are the older sibling. It's priceless humor that you cannot get anywhere else.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.