main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FREE 300MB HOSTING, NO BANNERS, NO HIDDEN CATCHES

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jophis, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jophis

Jophis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 19, 2000
    OK, so I have aquired a new host and I have space to spare, I am willing to give up 5 free hosting accounts to people who would want and USE it for fan films. Your address would be http://youraddress.jophis.com and you would be free to have any forwarding URLs to go to it, I don't care. You get 300MBs of space, CGI-Bin, PHPcompatible, Frontpage Extensions (if neccesary), a POP3 email (webmail if you want) @jophis.com, and your own administration site showing you site stats and usage.

Why do you ask am I doing this? I ask you, why not?

So if you have a high quality fan film site, but nowhere to put it, or an insufficient free host, feel free to drop me an email at jophis@jophis.com with the header, I WANT FREE HOSTING.

Remember I am only going to give out 5 of these, so act now.

((((Offer valid only while supplies last. Jophis.com is not held responsible for yadda yadda yadda, certain side effects may cause cancer.))))))

2. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    Cancer?!

I'm in!

-GS

3. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    that was HILARIOUS! :D (the last sentence)

sounds great, but i dont need anything more than a normal free site right now, maybe later, and if no one else is interested, i would do it. but i dont really need it, so i would just as soon let someone else have it.

edit: well, why not, i'm tired of geocities anyway...
    get back to me in a week (or i'll check then) and i'll do it, as long as no one really needs it :)

just wondering, but whats the bandwidth for it? (and, would it affect you if WE used up the bandwidth? that is assuming that "WE" had an account ;))

4. Shadows_545

Shadows_545 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2002
    I personally don't need the space, but its nice to see a fellow force.netter helping out other fan filmers ;)

5. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    I get 40gbs of transfer a month, but it might go up soon. Although 40 is plenty ... for now

6. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    would that mean that all of the ppl would "share" 40gb or that we would each have say, 8gb (40/50) ?[face_plain]

7. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    no its 40gb of transfer for my whole server. listen, if you come anywhere near that let me know, it took me 2 weeks with direct links for my 40MB movie The Fan Film Project, getting hits galore from the official SWK site to get even near 20GB in one month.

LOL

8. Shadows_545

Shadows_545 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2002
    Well lets say if someone posted a 20gb file? How long would that last?

lol jk

9. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    1. Yes I know your kidding

2. they couldn't

3. do you know how long that would take? LOL

10. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    you have abandwidth cap....ewwww. i'm fine with my unlimited bandwidth.

its a very nice offer, if i didn't have space already or if i had a file larger than 250MB i would take you up on your offer, but no such luck.

11. DaveG

DaveG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    How do you have unlimited bandwidth?
    Hosting at home?

12. Raisthlin

Raisthlin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2004
    DaveG, theres plenty opf host offering unlimited bandwith...

Cool offer.. im sure youll make 5 people really happy

13. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    I still have 4 spots available.

14. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    Much like dry land, unlimited bandwidth is a myth :)

15. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    bump... and...
    unlimited bandwidth does exist, even for free sites, but theres always a catch... usual no .mov/.avi/.zip/etc AND/OR 1mb/2mb file size limit at those sites... so its basically worthless...

about me... i was saying that i might need a site, but i got my 1and1 site up and running and thats fine for me. you have a little more bandwidth... but mine should be ok. now, in about 3 years, i might take you up on the offer :D
    thanks again, i really appreciate the offer, hope someone takes u up on it :)

16. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    And you bumped this...because?

17. Zamboni

Zamboni Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    I could use some space... Though I doubt I'll need more than 50 megs... That is unless my current project runs over 20 minutes?

18. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    My independent film team, Restricted Area Films is looking for a host for our movies.

So far we have completed 2 for a school English class (Cyrano and Caesar) and we are knee-deep in a Star Wars project. We also have a Matrix idea we may use this summer.

I'm sending an e-mail to you now. If you don't get my request, my e-mail is puzzler2000@earthling.net or you can PM me here.

Thank you!

19. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I will not be taking you up on your offer, as I'm sure others could make better use.

I just wanted to say, that I always think it's cool when people jump in and offer to help.

Someone get this man a Kudos bar!!!

20. TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF

TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    hell, i would love to take the space if its still open =)

21. iandud3

iandud3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    me too

22. Blackmes

Blackmes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2003
    I have unlimited bandwidth, and 10gigs space.

for only 70 bucks a year.
    life is sweet.

23. spoil_me_w-ep3

spoil_me_w-ep3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    me wants -

my cousin and I make tons of videos just for fun, and for our friends to laugh at.

I personally have made a pretty long video and am in the process of another one and would LOVE to have it hosted online.

please??

24. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    aight you want some, email me at jophis@jophis.com with why you should get it over the other guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.