Chic, IL Free Clone Wars Comics & Geeks, How Grand!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Have you been out to Graham Crackers Wheaton yet to visit with Chicago Force Black Sun members? Has it been a while since your presence has graced the hallowed halls of comicdom?
    Well now is the time my fellow geeks. This Saturday is the day. The day of reckoning is here. Yes, I speak of FREE COMICS! No just FREE COMICS, but FREE CLONE WARS COMICS!!

Chicago Force Black Sun members will be hanging out this Saturday at Graham Crackers Wheaton during Free Comic Book Day. We will be on hand to show off a bit of our members collections, maybe play a game or two, and just generally hang out. Stop by at any time. The store opens at 10am.

We have also discussed heading out to see Spidey 2 at Yorktown Cinema after the day closes. So it will truly be a Comic Day.
  2. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you allowed to grab one for me I will be on my sailing trip with scouts in the Flordia Keys so I will not be able to make it.
  3. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in....

Dusting off a part of my R2-D2 collection to bring along...

:D

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'd like to tell everyone that if you can't make it out to Graham Crackers in Wheaton, by all means, visit your local comic shop to claim your free comic book. Free Comic Book Day is a nationwide event, encouraging people to visit their comic book stores and see what current comic books have to offer. Visit www.freecomicbookday.com for a list of the different publishers' comics and to find a participating comic book shop near you.

Phil
  5. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be there on Saturday... however, I will not be getting there until after it starts. I have to renew the lease on my apartment, and Saturday morning is the only time they could fit me in before the special deal expires.

So I'll get there ASAP on Saturday, and stay through the store's closing.

6. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well enjoy all! I have to work Sat. but I've already gotten my FREE Clone Wars and FREE Spiderman comic. So I'll have to stop by a shop closer to my place on the way home from work and swipe any others I want. But enjoy the time with toys and friends.
  7. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    gotta question your priorities Thom...
    a place to live....
    or your free comic books....

:eek:
  8. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Do they do this all over the country cause maybe I can find a Comic Book Store in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami sorry spelling.
  9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    dude...

read Mos Eisleian Radio's post above....
  10. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    What time does the store close,and are you guys going to see Spidey 2?

11. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    There was some debate as to whether the store closes at 5 or 6, but certainly 6 at the latest.

Yes, the plan is to go see Spider-Man 2 afterwards, at one of the theaters out Wheaton-way....
  12. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    No man,I menat what time is the show you are going to ;)
  13. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, you asked what time the store closes.... ;)

I don't think we've chosen a showtime yet. Carrie, did you have any ideas on that?
  14. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I meant that too,sorry :p

15. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It might be advisable to pick a showtime and buy in advance. There probably will be sellouts on opening weekend.

Phil
  16. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I won't be able to go to see Spiderman 2...which I hear is really good....

have to get back the "hood" to decorate a float for the 4th of July Parade in Mokena...

17. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    The show time is up for debate, which I can't participate in. See, I have to work at 3pm. And when I work at the bank on a Saturday, you stay until the work is done. I've gotten out as early as 7:30 and as late as 10. So I can't commit to a time, so what everyone else decides, I will try to make.
  18. Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be there.

I might be a little late for the 10am opening.

19. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    had a great time....wow....Graham Crackers sure got a lot of traffic yesterday....

R2 says he enjoyed getting out too..
    ;)

I also enjoyed going out to breakfast and to Target in costume and embarassing the crap out of my friend Sue..
    she was telling everyone that she didn't know me and the strange Jedi was only following her....
    [face_laugh]

Speaking of Target....Phil...I went in there looking for Star Wars toys...and I bought for you the Luke X-Wing figure/Cup duo that you have on your want list....you can take that one off your list....

20. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    It was a good time. Hanging out in the back room, reading comics, listening to the Cubs/Sox game through multiple rain delays... no group outing to see Spider-Man 2, though. Ah well!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.