Free Comic Book Day 2007

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Darth_TKD, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    As I said in the marketing thread, I heard from Jim at CQ about FCBD. For those that don't know, the date this year is May 5th. We have a table reserved. Jim wanted to know how many costumed characters would be there, so he could use them in his own promotions. How many of our 501st will be there? Also, I need to know who is planning to be there that day, and how long you'll be able to stay (I believe this is an open to close type thing). Obviously, we'll want people manning the table all day. As far as it stands right now, I'm trying to ensure that I can be there. I should be able to, but I can't guarantee it at this point.

I know this is pretty far in advance, but since this is most likely our biggest event of the year, it's never too early to start planning. As this event is so important, I'll be taking the reins for this one myself (not that I won't enlist aid from Beth). If anyone has any ideas for FCBD, please post them here or bring them to the March GM. Obviously, we want as many costumes and props there as possible!

:-B
  2. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I've made some new friends at the last con. We may be able to get some help from the Southern Illinois Jedi Order.
  3. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I won't be able to fully commit. At this point, it looks like a really good chance that I will be there.

If so, I will be in costume and with plenty of droid stuff. I should know more when I figure out my move-out situation at the end of the semester.
  4. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    i should be there for this day... and i can bring another sith with me... so just be looking forward to 2 awesome costumes....
  5. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm doing my best to get my Sandtrooper conversion finished for this.
  6. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Awesome, a Vader, a sith, one stormtrooper and maybe two, that should be a big hit. I'll let Jim know who we've got coming!
  7. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Add one rebel fleet trooper.
  8. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    well that sith that i am talking of is well known as Darth Maul.
  9. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have to work that day.

And, uhm.... I usually get my comics from Book Broker. That's where my pull-file is. Last year was the first year I ever went in just for FCBD though. Grabbed a handful for myself and a Donald Duck comic for my son. He loved it!

10. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    i am looking forward to this.. what time does it start?
  11. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    As far as I know, it's open to close. I do know for a fact that it starts as soon as they open, though, so probably about 10. I'll know more details at the meeting tomorrow.
  12. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting news regarding FCBD. Dynamite Entertainment will give comic book fans Battlestar Galactica: Season Zero as a freebie. This BG story takes place a year or so before season one of the new version of BG. It will will feature a new antagonist for William Adama. The writers of this story say this new antagonist will be BG's answer to Trek's Kahn. I'm thinking this guy must be a violent space pirate that preys upon the Twelve Colonies.
  13. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    [face_dancing]

Thats a good reason to go to Free Comic Book day! I have got to get caught up on my BSG comics in the mean time.
  14. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    so about this event..i dont know if i can be there all day.. i have a prom i have to attend to.... and yes i will be dressed as vader at this prom.. [face_dancing] but i shoulod be able to attend the beginning portion of the day..
  15. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Poor Amanda...

:D

Seriously though, that's fine. The busiest parts of the day are morning and afternoon. That shouldn't be too much of a problem.
  16. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I want to emphasize that...

The morning is THE most important part of the day. I would say that over half of the people that go through will be there within the first half hour. There is a line all the way through the store once the doors open. If you are helping out in the morning, it is very important to be there early or on time. :)
  17. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    what time is early... ?
  18. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I haven't heard exact hours from Jim yet, but I believe the store opens at 10. If that's the case, I'd like everyone to be there at 9:30 to set-up, if possible.
  19. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    What time will you be there?
  20. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    As I said at the meeting, I plan on being there the entire day. I'll get there around 9:30, and leave when it's done (though I'm sure I'll cut out to go eat, take a break, etc., sometime during the day, provided I have someone to relieve me). Traditionally, 9:30 is when exhibitors are allowed in to set-up, so getting there any earlier probably wouldn't be useful.
  21. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Vader at Prom! Oh man, post pics!

As for me, let me know if you all want a model or a dio or something. That's about all I can do as I don't have a costume. Unless, 28 year old pasty white nerd is a Star Wars charictor, and I just didn't know it.
  22. Cindy Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're off the hook, Jammies. Nathan has already committed to filling that role all day. [face_laugh]
  23. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_beatup]

Seriously, though, it would be cool to have a model on display, Jammies. We'll definitely take you up on the offer.
  24. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    So amanda is okay with me dressing as Vader for prom... i think she is a little scared about all the people that will be freaking out about it.. and the people were we are eating at freaking out... is there any rule against wearing a costume like that in public, in Indiana?
  25. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You may be pulled over by police depending on what you are doing. I have had a few stop just to see what is going on.

You should check with the school to make sure there aren't any rules for dress at prom. Ours required a shirt and tie at the least, but almost everyone had a tux. Had I shown up at my prom is costume, I would have been kicked out. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.