Evan, IN Free Comic Book Day 2007

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    One of my friends Tom said he had a cut out of vader he was going to give me.. i will contact him tonight and seeif i can get that and that could be another donation for Free Comic Book Day..
    [image=http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/slater_dapenatrater/Darth_Vader_mask_Star_Wars_free_com.jpg]
  2. Mike-El Force Ghost

star 3
    We must be on the same wavelength or something. From time to time I make signs/banners to keep my Photoshop skills up to par. This is nothing official nor is it complete.

[image=http://www.epicplastic.com/wip-sign.jpg]
  3. DarthPupmind Jedi Padawan

Hmm, as far as having a Slave Leia at FCBD, it is possible. If Comic Quest will allow it. And if my Slave doesn't have to work that day.
  4. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah Mike El must be that ESPN or something haha... that is alittle strange..
  5. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    The FCBD has been officially announced on the 501st site for a while, but there seems to be no takers.

We'll wait to see until closer if anyone else can make it down.
  6. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    ill be there.. for sure but i am leaveing at 330
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it doesn't look like I can escape from East Tennessee to venture to the city that is farthest from.
    :(

Jammies
  8. comicquestguy Jedi Padawan

Hi Everyone: Jim from CQ here. I would like to get together with someone or a couple of someones from the club who are wanting to firm up FCBD plans at CQ. We are going to have a boatload of people set up and I have an idea that I want to run past some E'ville Jedi members as to location and numbers of tables at CQ on FCBD. I would like to find a way to give you as many tables as you need but I need to physically show you in the store what I have in mind. Just contact me at the store or e-mail me at sales@comicquest.com and we can come up with a time in the next several days to discuss your and my ideas.
    Just a couple of responses to some earlier posts...Slave Leia sounds great to me!!! I had planned to have the club give away the FCBD Battlestar Galactica book but be advised giving everyone one you will give them all away as we have approximately only 100 of them and we had about 150 people in the first hour through the store last year. Another thing that will make them go fast is it is a flip book with the Lone Ranger which is a popular comic right now(half of it is the Lone Ranger & half of it is Battlestar Galactica.) I had also planned to let the Star Wars club deal with the new Wiz Kids Star Wars PocketModel TCG (like the Pirates TCG)although as of this writing I still do not know how much of it we will be sent to be given away. Also, I am sure some of us will be setting up at least as early as 7am if anyone wants to get there early. If I run into any more Star Wars items that you can use I will try to round them up for you. We have been re-modeling recently and we have been focusing a good deal on that process but we are now fully turning our attention to the FCBD event.
    Thanks Jim
  9. des0late Jedi Knight

star 1
    awesome i am ready for this day to get there should i bring my vader and dress there or should i show up fully dressed?
  10. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    I guess I'm going to have to try to make time to stop by and bring my 6 year old son with me.
    He'd love to see Vader and a Trooper up close and personal.

11. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll drop you an e-mail, Jim, and set-up a time we can meet. Are you going to be there Friday?

Chuck, could you post the minutes for the last GM? I need those so I know for sure what we decided about the display at our booth. I've slept since then... :)

Everyone who's donating something to the raffle, let me know exactly what you're planning to give. It's alright if you just bring your item to FCBD, but I need to know ahead of time what it is.
  12. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll get 'em up tonite. Life has been a raging sea here lately.
  13. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks. I understand completely--Darth Real-Life is a worthy adversary... :)
  14. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    How is the raffle going to work?
    Do you have 2-part tickets to sell or what?

15. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    I seem to remember that comic quest supplied those for us the last time we did a raffle. Maybe we can do that again?
  16. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have spent the evening looking for my black notebook only to be informed just now that for some reason, it is in Sesser Illinois. Why it was taken out of the van is beyond me. She was picking up (grandkids) not dropping off. Sorry
  17. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll ask Jim when I talk to him.
  18. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    The meeting notes are now up. Sorry for the delay.
  19. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Here are the results of my meeting with Jim:

Because they'll have quite a few artists and several booths, they've decided to move us out of the game room and onto the carpeted area right in front of the register. The back will be very crowded, and this will give us more space. Together, Jim and I decided to arrange three tables in a "U," giving us plenty of room to display stuff. Jim said people may walk past us to get to the free comics in the back, but naturally they'll have to pass us again on the way out. Given that and the visibility of our costumers, he thought we'd have no trouble attracting attention; I agreed. As it stands now, we'll have the biggest booth there.

We'll be giving out the only SW exclusive (a clone trooper miniature), and the BSG comic. These will both be in limited supply (around 100). If we were to give them out to everyone, we'd run out within an hour. It's up to us how we want to distribute them. Obviously, we need to decide that, so if anyone has any suggestions, please post them here. I thought we could also give away the SW comics from previous years that Cole was going to donate to the raffle (I think we'll have enough other items for the raffle).

As for our raffle, Jim said he'd find something for us to give away (he mentioned a bust). He made the suggestion that we give away at least one prize at our next GM (May 12), instead of at FCBD, to boost attendance. I thought this was a brilliant idea, and it seems to me that should be our most valuable item (probably the lightsaber). We should have enough prizes to have several drawings. Remember, everyone, if I don't have your item in hand (I currently only have Kevin's), please PM me what you want to donate, so I can create a master list. That way we can decide how to distribute the prizes. Jim thought they had two-part tickets, but we probably need to get some just in case.

Jim also reiterated how most of the people will come through within the first few hours. As a result, I need the most people there at 9:00 when they open (preferably 8 or 8:30, so you can help set up). If you can get there early, please do so. There'll be plenty to do, and we'll be exhausted by the time 4:00 rolls around.

Chuck, are you still planning to use the barrel stencils on an orange piece of poster board? We definitely need a sign on the front of the table.
  20. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    The boy's baseball game is going to be at 9 in the morning, so I won't be able to stop by with them until 11 or 12.
  21. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    That's cool. Thanks for letting us know!
  22. TK-1945 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I haven't been able to post for a while about this. I've been busy with life and working on the armor getting it ready for the event. I should be there around 8 or 8:30 A.M. to suit up and help with the set up. Darth TKD, I will have my list of items for the raffle early this week.

I've also been in contact with Buckaroo and he said he would be there in armor as well. He also mentioned bringing a signed Chewbacca photo for the raffle but I don't want to speak for him on that.

Sounds like this will be the closest thing to a Sci-Fi con that Evansville will have this year. [face_alien_1]
  23. DarthPupmind Jedi Padawan

Sorry guys, no Slave Leia. The wife has to work on FCBD.:oops: I'm still donating a Sidious mini. Sorry I didn't make it to the Collectors meetin, Brent. I'll bring your minis as well.
  24. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Swweeeettt!!!
  25. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.