main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Free Comic Book Day 2010 on May 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Pac-El, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac-El

Pac-El Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2008
    OAHU FANFORCE TO TEAM WITH REBEL LEGION HAWAII!

The Oahu FanForce will be at Aina Haina Public Library on May 1st to promote Free Comic Book Day! Keeping in line with our desire to "Make a Difference" in the community, we will be joining forces with Rebel Legion Hawaii to encourage youngsters to read.

Free Comic Book Day is held annually on the first Saturday in May. Participating comicbook shops across North America and around the world give away comicbooks absolutely FREE to anyone who comes into their stores. Aina Haina Public Library has also been graciously including themselves in this wonderful endeavor.

Join us on:
    SATURDAY, MAY 1st, 2010
    AINA HAINA PUBLIC LIBRARY
    5246 Kalanianaole Highway
    Honolulu, Hawaii 96821
    10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

2. Pac-El

Aug 28, 2008
    For those who may be interested, HonoluluAdvertiser.com has written a nice article about the upcoming Free Comic Book Day at Aina Haina Public Library mentioning both Oahu FanForce and Rebel Legion Hawaii.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100428/GETPUBLISHED/4280377

Pac-El

3. Kynn-Ji

Kynn-Ji Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2010
    Pac-El,

I tried clicking on the link to check out the article, but I think it's broken. It says that the page is unavailable.

Kynn-Ji

4. Pac-El

Aug 28, 2008
    Kynn-Ji,

Sorry about that! It seems the Advertiser already moved it to another hidden section. I've placed a copy of the article in another section as well.

http://www.OahuFanForce.com/2010FCBDadvertisertease.php

I hope this solves the issue.

Pac-El

5. Pac-El

Aug 28, 2008
    UPDATE:

The 2010 Free Comic Book Day event was very well received. Tig West (as General Han Solo) and Jay Tee Erricck helped to give the children and other attendees a grand experience.

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the three others who helped out at the Free Comic Book Day event. Also, an extra special thank you goes out to Lauren Yamasaki of Aina Haina Public Library for allowing us to be a part of an event we will not soon forget.

If anyone is interested in checking out what happened, please visit the Oahu FanForce website for more details.

http://www.oahufanforce.com/2010FCBD.php

Forward with the Force,

Pac-El

6. Kynn-Ji

Kynn-Ji Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2010
    Looks like the event went well!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Hopefully, I'll be at the next one.

Do you know if the library has expressed interest for next year?

- Kynn-Ji

7. Pac-El

Aug 28, 2008
    Not a problem, Kynn-Ji. We did miss you though.

The Librarian was genuinely happy. She did express an interest for next year's event. For me the reactions from the crowd made it all worthwhile.

Pac-El

8. MrJangofett1

MrJangofett1 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    HI everyone just joined today and want to say Aloha and thanks for having me into your group. I live on Oahu and have been a fan of Star Wars for awhile. I do own a Boba Fett style comstume, close but need more details to work on to be dead on. I actually are making it into a Jodo Kast version of fett, which is yellow instead of read parts of his costume, a doppleganger. Well please feel free to message me anytime and if u want chat, ill give my number later to talk, cause i personally dont like typin much rather speak, thanks everyone. Mahaloz, Henry

9. Pac-El

Aug 28, 2008
    Welcome to the Oahu FanForce MrJangofett1! We do have another event coming up soon. The details are yet to come. Perhaps, if you're interested, you could bring along parts of your costume for show-and-tell?! It's great to have you aboard.

Pac-El

10. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Pac-El,

On behalf of the Rebel Legion Hawai'i, I just wanted to say "Thank you very much!" to you & the Oahu FanForce for joining us at Aina Haina Public Library this past Saturday.

I hope you had as much fun as I did. It's always nice to connect with fans & potential fans, child & adult.

Your support is greatly appreciated!

May the Force be with you!

Jay Tee Erricck
    Rebel Legion State Captain, Hawai'i

11. Pac-El

Aug 28, 2008
    Thanks Jay Tee. The event was indeed a memorable one.

This note is for MrJangofett1: In case you didn't know this, you'll need to post 20 times before being able to send a Private Message. Go to our OahuFanForce.com website and send an email to us so I can send you more info.

Pac-El

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.