main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Free Comic Book Day 2011

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I kind of dropped the ball on this event. I spoke with Doug, my comic shop guy a couple of months ago about us setting up a table as we did in 2009 and he agreed but I never followed up with him. If he still allows us is this something we want to do? We didn't get any recruits the last time we did this but you never know; there is a lot of cross over with Star Wars fans and comic book fans. If we're able to do this it would start at 11am and go until things slow down, usually about 3PM because of Derby (for those that are unaware FCBD and Derby are both the first Saturday in May--May 7th this year) I would probably be there the whole time for set up and take down and could take one or two other people at any time. We don't want our whole membership there at once just for space reasons.

Info on Free Comic Book Day for those not in the know...
    http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

Thoughts? Feedback?

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    sounds good Mika, count Appo and I in for two. [face_batting]

3. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Wouldn't miss it! We can probably be there around 1pm or 2pm.

There are a couple of free comics I am super excited about!

4. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I think I might be able to do a shift at the table. Let me get back to you on that!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay spoke with Doug yesterday and apologized for dropping the ball on FCBD and he said ?we?ll work something out? which I think means ?You spend so much money in my store every week I?d feel guilty if I don?t let you?, so along with comic artist/inker Jay Leisten and the Derby City Roller Girls we should have a table.

For those that are new to the LGA since the last time we did this, this will be at Comic Book World in Okolona. I?ll be wearing a costume of some sort but costumes are not required, just wear a Star Wars T-shirt to show off your Galactic pride.

Place: Comic Book World
    Address: 6905 Shepherdsville Rd in Okolona
    Time: 11am-3pm

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Derby City Roller Girls?

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yup. They were there last year too.

8. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    i will try to be there.

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    For those of us who are in The Dark Empire... I just want to let you all know, that we are "not" representing The Dark Empire at this event. We are going in support of our other love, the LGA. As Mika said, you are welcome to wear a costume, but we are pushing our LGA at this one. [face_dancing]=D=

10. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    As it turns out, a girlfriend is going to stay with me while Appo is gone. She will be moving some things in here on Wednesday night, Thursday, and Saturday. She has asked if I can help her so I won't be able to come out and play for this one. You all have fun and I'll see everyone at Wonderfest. [face_dancing]

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you'll have someone staying with you while Appo is gone.

12. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks Mika, she's a hoot! I'm going to try and bring her to a Con with me. She's single, in her early 40's, and I think she'd enjoy the experience. I'm not sure if she's someone who will get involved in costuming, but I didn't think I'd to it either, and we all see where that went. >;~) [face_dancing]

You all haven't met her yet, because she's been a river rat until all the floods recently, and she's decided that living by the river isn't worth it. LOL!!

This all came about due to the river flooding. She now needs a place to stay and well, I'll be home alone and so here we go. He son is 17 and will be a gigantic help around here. The neat thing is ::: HE LOVES STAR WARS!!

I don't know if you all remember me talking about the kid who looked just like Anakin? Well, this is the one, and I "do" hope to get him involved. Don't underestimate the sneaky-sneaky. LOL!! [face_thinking]

You all have fun tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you! [:D]

13. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    The force is strong in his family!

14. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Did anyone get the SW comic this year? Or rather, did anyone get TWO comics this year?
    I couldn't find it at my LCS.

Poor Ol' Jammies

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I only got the one...may have been some confusion as Dark Horse put it back to back with an Avatar comic. My shop had the Avatar cover facing out and some people probably didn't even realize there was a Star Wars comic.

I thought today went really well. Very busy, only died out around 3PM. Thanks to everyone who came out and helped and represented Star Wars fandom. Got to meet some very dedicated SW fans today, even one guy who was at CV with his family. I hope some of them make their way over here. I'm glad I made up a flyer. It's hard to tell someone in 30 seconds just how awesome we are and this way they can take a flyer home and read all about us once they finish with their free comics.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/LGA%20FCBD%202011/589.jpg]

more here...

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/LGA%20FCBD%202011/

16. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    The photos are great, looks like you all had a great time of it! I hope the guy and his family do come out and check us out as a group. My fingers are crossed. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.