Free Comic Book Day 2014

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by jedimika, Apr 23, 2014.

1. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry for the short notice but things have been busy at the House of Mika the last couple of weeks. As always Free Comic Book Day is the first Saturday of May (May 3rd this year) the same as a little event we call Derby. Doug at Comic Book World is again allowing us to set up a table and participate. This year I really want to highlight our Light the Night involvement and have made up some informational handouts for the table. I can cover this but extra company/help is always welcome. If you can make it please post when you'll be there, space is limited as always and I suspect it will be worse this year as Doug is bringing in UofL basketball player Luke Whitehead. Doors open at 11:00 AM and the crowds start thinning out about 2PM.

https://www.facebook.com/cbwlouisville
  2. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry Boss. Like you said, it butts up against Derby (California Chrome is going to give me some Wonderfest money). If I can do any pre-FCBD tasks, let me know.
    Jammies
    Luke Whitehead is a superhero now?
    FYI: No Star Wars comic this year.
  3. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    Well shoot myself and herself will be out of town that weekend doing Free Comic Book day at another location. Gotta spread the SW around in the state.
  4. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    not sure where we will be. I will get LLS info to you Mika, including a donation jar if Doug is okay with that.
  5. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Appreciate it Vox but I just used what I got from you previous to make up some table cards to pass out. Thought about a donation jar but want to make sure I stay on Doug's good side. He'd probably let me do it since I've been going there so long but don't want to strain the relationship.
  6. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Hi there... we're committed to going to Owensborough Ky. for this one. Cap'n Midnight contacted us two weeks ago and we made plans with him and Miss Midnight. You all have fun and we'll see you soon!
  7. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    That's cool. Say hi to Captain Midnight for me, its been forever since I've seen him.
  8. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    Had a wonderful time with the Midnights and some others we haven't seen in forever. It's almost like going back home to a place were everyone knows you (at least the people in the comic book store). Also Mika we passed along your hello and Cpt Midnight send a hello back your way also.[:D]
  10. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Good time at Comic Book World. I went good guy/Rebel Pilot this year. Big rush when the door opened, some people had started lining up and hour and a half before. They didn't linger at the table but I made sure everyone that walked by got a table card highlighting our Light the Night Walk team. A few people stopped to chat, even chatted about the changes in the EU with one gentleman. It's a shame it falls on Derby in this area.
  11. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    sorry. we were going to try to get out there, but our gas fund went dry. It was a choice between going or having enough to last the week. I tried, but I got vetoed.