main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Free Comic Book Day & Fanforce USA-midwest

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by comicquestguy, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comicquestguy

comicquestguy Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2003
    Hi everyone. This is Jim from Comic Quest here in Evansville. It is 73 days until Free Comic Book Day! Free Comic Book Day will take place Saturday, May 3, 2003, at Comic Quest, the day after the X-men 2 movie premieres and about a month before Hulk premieres when interest among the general public should be at its highest. This is our second year for this promotion and we are in the midst of planning for the festivities of the day. Of course, the big attraction is that we give away free comics but we are planning other activities that day as well.
    One of our plans is to see if the Star Wars Fanforce group of Evansville would be interested in a table at the event to promote yourselves. We are also inviting the Evansville Gaming Guild to setup a table to promote their activities. Someone give me a call when you can and we can discuss details. I could envision your group having a flyer talking about your club and its activities and I could see having a member or members demoing the Star Wars CCG as being something attractive to customers. Let me know what you think!
    Also, please let me know if there are ever any problems with your meeting space. My number is 474-1133 or you can e-mail me at sales@comicquest.com.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds really good. I think this is definetly something we will want to be involved with. I'm sure we'll be in touch.

Scott

3. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Sounds great.

4. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    As a new recruit to the 501st, count me in.

5. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Maybe we could have a "take your picture with a stormtrooper" thing or something. (not to mention better security [face_devil] )

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hmmm, maybe if Showplace had Stormies, there'd be fewer moron teenyboppers kicked out!

Or the stormies would get kicked a lot. :p

Anyway, sounds excellent!

7. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Hi gang I will NOT be at free comic book day.....I have to work and "Boba" my large green truck is in the shop receiving $1700 in repairs

8. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Sorry to hear that L_S!!

I hope to see everyone else there!

Check here to see the announcement on the FF main page.

:)

9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    A little late, I know, but Darth Mom has decreed that I shall not be at Free Comic Book Day.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Stackky, a good time was had by all, I think. A lot of people really liked "our" Stormtrooper and some kids were scared by him, so you know it was a success! I bailed at about 3:00 pm. We seemed to have good traffic on the raffle tickets and also some interest in the club. I'm sure Cole, DeWayne, or Nathan will post with the wrap-up including a final tally on what was collected for the Children's chior & who the winners were.

Thanks to all who helped and those who made it out.

11. TC517

May 14, 2001
    What a great time! A whole day of Star Wars and free stuff. Not to mention we made $51 dollars for the Evansville Childrens Choir. I think FCBD was the best thing since Episode II that we have done to spread the word about the club. Good times...

12. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped keep my armor together.... I had a lot of fun.

Be sure to check out the website. I've updated with some pictures and I've got more to come.

Thanks,

13. comicquestguy

comicquestguy Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2003
    Hi...I just wanted to thank Dwayne and the rest of the fanforce club for helping make the freecomicbookday event a fun event for everyone that attended. I hope the club feels as though they got some exposure and I absolutely know a lot of people loved seeing the snowtrooper outfit.
    We will be getting more exposure from time to time from the media and with any potential opportunity CQ will be in contact with you to see if your club can benefit. I would love to get another visit from the roving TV reporter and invite the Fanforce club in to discuss the club. (Could the Force get some of you up at 5-6am??? And if it could would that be the light side or the dark side???)
    Anyway...thanks again. Let me know what we can do in the future to help. Thanks

Jim
    Comic Quest

14. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I would be willing to get up REALLY early for the a TV spot as long as its during the summer.

I love being on TV....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.