main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Free Comic Book Day Planning

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    Yeah with this weather, I'm not going to make it up there....

2. Thurmam86

Thurmam86 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    Hey all I just joined the message board. Wanted to thank you for the awesome R2-D2 patch that you handed out at comic book world today. The Tie Pilot outfit was awesome! I was also wondering where I could get more info on the LGA?

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry you couldn't make it out Wolf, we'll catch you at the next event.

Zannah and Chris thanks for coming out.

Welcome Thurman! Glad you liked the patch, you must have gotten there early because they didn't last long! We had flyers on the table with info on the LGA as well but they were easy to miss in the excitement I think. What kind of info were you looking for? Ask away!

Basically we're the Louisville chapter of a much larger world wide organization...Fan Force which is part of theforce.net which is one of the biggest Star Wars news sites.
    There are no requirements to join except that you be 18 years old. There are no dues to pay, you don't have to own a costume. We're all just fans here. Some like costuming, some like reading (we have a Star Wars book club), some like model building, some like collecting...whatever your Star Wars thing is you'll find like minded people here. We usually make the time to get together about once a month on average but sometimes more. Our big to do this Summer will be trying to get a group together to travel to Indy for the "Star Wars:Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit.

Anything else?

4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey Thurmam, welcome aboard! And to get to know us, come out and play with us.. we don't bite. Well, not too hard. LOL!!

Mika, it was our pleasure and we had an awesome time!!

I want to thank you Mika, for heading up this event, setting up the table, display, and opening the door for us to represent our group at the Comic Book Day today. The table and displays looked awesome. Did you all know that Mika has a Galactic Alliance plaque that has some pretty impressive signatures on it ... such as, "Daniel Logan, Jeremy Bolock, and Peter Mayhew, among others? Yes... he does. I told him that he thinks of everything. "And Mika, you do you know".

Mika, you are the absolute best. Our group is so fortunate to have a Commander such as you. "You...... [face_batting][face_dancing][:D]=D= and a bag of pop corn!!

5. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Mika has a plague?? Oh no!! Lol!

6. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Stang spell correct! LOL!! Happens to me all of the time. :D Just fixed it.

Sorry you couldn't make it out, but there's always next time. [face_peace]

7. Thurmam86

Thurmam86 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the info! I will try to keep up with the boards here and make some new friends. My fiance and I are going to a concert in Indy on June 29th and are planning on going to the star wars exhibit while we are there since we found out about it through the flyers you had. I'm excited!

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Excellent! I just updated our SW:WSMI thread as well.

Report from FCBD...
    When the doors opened it was nuts but orderly, I couldn't believe how many people came through. What they did differently this year was putting the comics on the other side of the store (instead of at the counter) and had a nice line going around the gaming area. It ran really smooth so the worst of the rush was over in an hour when in the past it took several hours to get everyone served. The patches I brought lasted about 45 minutes and the Star Wars comics were gone in the same amount of time as well. There were a lot of people (young and old) wearing Star Wars Tshirts which was very cool. After the patches people seemed most interested in the SW:WSMI rack cards I had. People in this area just haven't heard about it yet. There was TV camera there, Doug said it was from WHAS but I didn't see anything on the TV or their website. I stayed until about 4PM and then I packed it in. Thanks to everyone for your help and everyone that took the time to visit us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Looks great y'all! Good job!
    (anyone grab me a comic?)
    --Jammies

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yup. If you come out to dinner at Chewie's next week I'll give it to you then.

11. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Awesome. Mika, were did you get the helmet and armor?

12. Thurmam86

Thurmam86 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    Harley Quinn whacked me on the head with her mallet when I wasn't paying attention lol. One of the people working at the shop took a photo but I have not seen it surface anywhere.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    PM incoming Wolf

14. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003