main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Free Comic Book Day Rochester Saturday May 2nd.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's

I desided to make this event have it's own topic (posting) area. This should be a pretty big event for us so I'm sure we are going to need the room. I'll repost the event info. and than any up dates as I have them.

I will be the event contact for the 501st. on this and I guess as well for the group. If anyone has any ??? please let me know. If you have any idea for set or plans for the day please post it.

Thanks,
    TK

2. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    ** NEW EVENT ** !! This is post I did up for the 501st. but it covers us as well.

Hey Guys ,

TK here...I hope this message finds everyone well ? So it's that time again ...FCBD!! I'm coming to you all this year to help out our shop once again. I know last year went very well and I believe everyone had a GREAT time! I know I did. So we'd like to did it again this year. BIGGER & BETTER!! Than last year, so here goes....

Here is our official proposal to you, to appear at Free Comic Book Day at Jetpack Comics in Rochester. Please feel free to put in any requests you might have, I mean it ! Anything just let me know and I'll see what we can do to make it a better day for all.

***Rochester NH Free Comic Book Day Street Festival 2009 ***- Saturday May 2nd from 10 am to 5pm (with evening activities following for the 501st.).

This year Jetpack Comics LLC and the city of Rochester (represented by the Main Street Association) are putting on a bigger and better Free Comic Book Day Event. The event will be a street fair, taking place at Jetpack Comics, 20 participating Downtown Rochester businesses, and on Hanson Street (the street being shut down for the duration of the event).

Comic Book guests this year include Marvel Comics top artist, Ed McGuinness, Dynamite Entertainment's Mike Lilly and the entire creative team from Mirage Studios! This year free comic book day is literally the day before the official 25th anniversary of the premiere of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and we've got the man that helped to start it all! Peter Laird and his crew will be headlining our Free Come Book Day event.

The city would be honored to have the 501st and the NH Mandalorians participate again this year and hope we can offer enough enticement to get Jabba, the speeder, the Dewback and dozens of costumed participants to attend. The more the merrier!

The event will be handled like any festival event, with outdoor vendors of all types. We expect to have comic, toy, food and collectible dealers for the event. Vendor space will be sold on a first come basis through Jetpack Comics. (If anyone would like to set up a table and sell thier stuff let me know)

All participating vendors will be required to be giving away some item to help maintain the spirit of Free Comic Book Day. The 501st and the NH Mandalorians are invited to have complimentary space at the event to promote membership, collect donations and sell product. The space can be in conjunction with the prop displays or separate. Multiple locations may increase awareness and donations.

This year we have multiple back up indoor locations. These locations will be used in case of inclement weather and or to house any of the 501st and NH Mandalorian props and displays at their request. In case of poor weather these locations will provide space for the Star Wars groups and props as well as festival vendors. Indoor locations will include the Rochester Opera House (this year we will get the AC turned on) as well as The Elks Hall and or the Knights of Columbus Hall (both located aprx 200 feet from Jetpack Comics. We are also approaching the Congregational Church for indoor back up space (located behind Jetpack Comics).

Part of the promotion for the event will include the encouragement of people to come in costume (people in costume get more swag), hopefully attracting a larger array of Star Wars characters.

The 501st will have first choice of set up locations for their props and displays, regardless of weather.

We are limiting downtown business full participation to the first 20 businesses that agree to be a part of the event.

***Here's some good stuff for US. ***

Along with specific financial requirements to participate, each business will be requred to donate a minimum of a $25 item or gift certificate to the 501st, to be auctioned / raffled off during the day of event. In additional to the potential minimum of $500 worth of local donations Jetpack Comics will also donate a $100 Gift Certificate for auction / raffle. We will also invite other

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    ***EVENT UPDATE***

OK Guy's...

I have some BIG new's for you all. We ...the New Hampshire mandalorians. Will help host Jabba the Hutt himself for this years FCBD!!

That's right.... We will have Jabba the Hutt. In order for Jabba to make it to FCBD he needs a little help. lol A little pick me up so to say..lol.

He has been in storage for a couple months now and needs a little ...love to make him feel better. [face_love] lol

A little glue here and a little paint there. Well anyways, I have offered to help out. Jabba will be at my house sometime over the next 2 weeks. I'll post more updates as I have them.

So I'm asking you ALL now for HELP. That right the Mandalorians are going to make Jabba feel better. lol [face_sick]

After he get here I'll set up some work times. Hopefully you all can make it to help out. This will be a big thing I think for the group. So I hope everyone can find away to help out some how.

SeeYa,
    TK

4. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    OMG that sounds sooooo awesome! Id love to be a part of that. I just wish we had the money to get a slave Leia bikini for Tara.=P~

5. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    We could use club funds... I guess that requires a vote and a discussion about club property. I saw one online a while back for about $60.

6. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Depending upon homw many members actually attend FCBD, we may be stretched a little thin if we man a table, have someo people in costumes, and have Jabba. Not trying to be negative, just concerned realism. Something to add to the discussion list for the meeting.

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok...

Let me clear somethings up. We are not getting Jabba to keep of anything. In order for Jabba to make it to FCBD he needs some work. Basic stuff. Touch up paint and some glueing. That's really all... I think. lol

With all the events the 501st is doing over the next few weeks no one in the group can get to do it. So to help out the 501st... seeing as I'm a member, I offered to do the need repairs.

I figured that maybe you all would like to help out in fixing him up. If you do not wish to help.. you do not need to. I just figured it would be a cool thing to do as a group. We will not be manning Jabba at the show unless we wish to.

We will be doing our own table were ever we'd like. Some we do not need to be in 2 places at once so to say. If we'd like we can set up right next to Jabba. All that right now is up in the air.

I'll have when I know more. Thanks.

Seeya,
    TK

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Wasn't Jabba at the opera house last year? Or was that because it was raining?

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    He was at the opera house last year. It was not due to the weather it just happened to work out that way. I will be looking a locations for set this coming Thursday over at Jetpacks. So We'll set. I think it would be cool to have him maybe outside depending on the weather.

I'm also tring to get some of the Jabba set this year as well. We'll see....

Later,
    TK

10. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Not to be the voice of dissention again, but it has been mentioned on here by numerous people that we really need a fun meeting for the group to remind us all why we belong to it. If we are going to do work, and this is going to sound selfish, then we should discuss our own plans for FCBD, work on our own costumes, as well as the non-profit status, and the articles we talked about in November.

While I appreciate that we are part of a larger Star Wars community, I personally would like to be asked ahead of time whether or not I want to spend the first meeting we've had in 4 months doing something for the 501st, before being committed to do it.

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I guess the question to be asked is just how much work does the big slug need? Is it something that we can do in an hour or two, or is it to be an extensive makeover? Plus, we help them with this and they may be more willing to help us with future events we may host. Let's face it, they helped our Clone War event go over big time.

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Good point, John about washing each other's backs. I was typing that message first thing this morning, pre-coffee. I feel much better now about helping them out if they are really strapped for manpower.

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I figure that this is going to be a fun time since it's the first time that most of us have had the chance to get together in forever. I'm sure while we're working on the big ol' crime boss we can discuss club business that has been on the back burner for a while. Throw in some tunes and snacks and it should be a great time. We have this week and next to clear the Sunday schedule, which should be enough lead time for people to know if they can make it or not.

Let's have some fun people!! :D

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok All....

Here are a few updates...

I have spoken with Jason at Make-A-Wish this week and they are going to be the Charity for the day at FCBD. Both the NH Mando's and the 501st well be going with Make-A-Wish. Ralph thought it to be a great idea and Jason loved it. So we have worked out spacing for them at this year FCBD. They will be hosting they're own booth for the day. M.A.W will have a 10X10 space available to them for the day. Jason said they will set up a tent and table they will be having give away item though out the day. He'll have lots of fun things planned for all.

Jason believe he can also get a hold of a few items to add to our auctions for the day. So that part is all set.

Next update...lol

Jabba is here. [face_dancing] That's right he landed today. SO... I'll most likely start working on him next week in my free time. Anyone that wishes to help out ... you are more than welcome. Again if you do not want to help, can not make it due to schedules/ time. It is no big deal. This is just a side project I've taken on to help out my fellow 501st. brothers and make sure jabba is at the show.

As far as the work need... well ??? [face_thinking]
    It's small to med. it all depends on how much work I wish to do to him. Sean said today he can go like it set's on for that matter. It is mostly structure work that he is in need of. Hw does not set up fully anylonger. Besides that, some glue and paint. That's really it. I am still work on picking up Jabba Smoke pipe and arm rest. They are being stored at someone else place so I'll have them soon I hope.

Ok that is it for now. I'LL start having more updates over the next few week on set ups, schedule times, places things like that. Oh yeah.. Jabba will be hosted by the Governors' Inn this year. So his home is all set.

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.