main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~~Free Comic Book Day~~ Saturday, May 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    No, I don't have a bit of information besides the date, but wanted to get a post going so we could save the date.

AaS, you seem to be connected in this area. Can you find some info for us?

2. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    YAY!!! I could always use a free comic book

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'm sure Chris @ 4 Color Fantasies will be wanting us back. I'll check in with him this Friday when I go pick up me SW Comics.

4. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I live practically across the street form 4 Color Fantasies (it's on Archibald above Baseline right?)

5. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I believe so. I have only been there once.

6. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Yes, that is the place. We had a great time there, last year. Can't wait for this year!

7. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    Cool. Maybe I'll stop by that day. (wearing my IEFF colors [shirt & hoodie] of course!)(I'd wear a costume if I had one.....)

8. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    That was alot of fun last year. Now that I am done with school I won't even have to be late due to class!

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Le Bump!

I'm all set to go see 4 Color on Friday. Please let me know if you plan to make it and what costume you'll be wearing. I also need someone to co-run this with me as I wont be able to stay all day at the event, I can be there for set up and a couple of hours.

We should also look at pulling something together to give to the kids, something cheap and easy, last year we ran out of stuff really quickly. We also need a poster board with some pics on it, so if someone fancies a project just steal the pics from the photoalbum!

Could one of you in the RL/501st see if anybody wants to come help out? I'll ask some folks from the OCSWS to see if they wanna come along again.

Attending
    AboutaSith - IEFF T-Shirt

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just took care of posting on the Rebel Legion boards. Is there a place to change and store personal gear?

Let me rumage through my left over Comic-Con stuff and see what I can find. How many kids are we talking about? I couldn't make it last year so I have no idea what to expect.

I'll gladly help you out with this event. It sounds like fun!

Attending
    AboutaSith - IEFF T-Shirt
    Jedifan77 - RFJ

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Last Year we had a secure area to get changed/cool off, I imagine it will be the same. I'll have full details this Friday which i'll post on Sat Morn as i'm off to a Lakers game on Friday.

Last year there was probably a good 150-200 kids show up. How much would a run of IEFF buttons be? Maybe we can pool something together from everyone.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Do you want to do IEFF buttons or something else? If we do the IEFF ones, I think we should add our website address. The last time I ordered buttons from Wendy, I told her how much I had to spend and she went from there. Anybody want to toss in a couple of bucks for buttons?

13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I still have a bunch of the Vader head candy left over from Halloween. I could bring that. Could you find out if it is OK to bring the Falcon? I know we will be there. Of course, Bill as Han.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    IEFF buttons would be great, maybe add the myspace address on them that way it spreads the word about the IEFF.

Let me know how much and i'll donate $20 towards them.

I'll let you know about the Falcon, I would imagine it to be a big ol' yes!

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'll get ahold of my button lady next week and let you know. How many buttons would you like to see made?

The 501st is taken care of as the shop owner already contacted them. I've pm'd Glenn, the 501st coordinator, just to let him know that the IEFF and RL are all involved, too. Looks like it's going to be a well covered event. I have a feeling that we're gonna have a great turn out and a large variety of characters.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'll be there, so that right there makes it a very special event. :p

17. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Well, if you're going then I HAVE to be there. Me and the padawans will be there. I will tell you that Baylee got the COOLEST Bday gift from one of our fellow 501st members. TK 1389 gave her a real Clone Troopers helmet for her bday. I am completely jealous of her, but since she loves her Mommy she has let me wear it around the house all night tonight. AND it even inspired me to FINALLY get through AotC, YEAH for me!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Boy, did she ever score!!! I'm totally jealous, but happy for her!

As for you, Minda, you've taken your first step into a larger world! Welcome aboard.

19. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    We should be coming. I think we will be there the whole time.

AaS, let me talk to Ronnie, maybe he can help you coordinate when you're gone.

I'll chip in some change for buttons.

Also, I will finally get off my lazy bum and start working on the scrapbook. [face_blush]

Don't know what costumes we will be in. As of right now, we only have two each.
    Me - Pregger Padme or Jedi
    DM - Stormie or Sith

Cheers!

Do you think we could have some kind of raffle? Would that be too much trouble?? Or maybe a trivia contest? That's always fun. :D

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I think we could get away with a free raffle is we had a prize.

21. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    You mean "if"? ;)

Let me see if I can find anything dandy. :D

22. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Where's all our info :confused: :_|

EDIT okay, so I went to the boards and all the threads said No Message. I logged off and on twice, still the same thing. So I posted and then viola! Everything is back.... wierd...

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    BOOM! There's gonna be hourly raffles (we can donate a prize to that if we like), new layout, Back To The Future Car, someone esle from WWTBAS as well as feedback. Same deal as last year on the changing rooms too.

24. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    What's WWTBAS?

Sounds good.

25. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    I'll go again and bust out the jedi robes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.