main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~~Free Comic Book Day~~ Saturday, May 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey Sandy, I let Chris (shop owner) know that the falcon will be there. He'll have a spot for her. Since they're expecting between 800 to 1000 folks, I probably wouldn't worry about the Vader head candy.... unless you bought a whole bunch of bags!!!

Stuart, do we need to bring a table or easy up?

Are we missing anybody from the list?

Attendees
    AboutaSith - General Dogsbody
    Jedifan77 - RFJ
    HanChewie Clan - Falcon
    JediOnasi - Pregger Padme or Jedi
    DarthMalum - Stormie or Sith
    Kyaen - Jedi
    MommyJedi - Booth Babe
    Symina - Padawan Aayla
    Kris - Booth Babe

2. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007

Can I get any more direction on this? I'm happy and willing to do this, just need to know what you've done in the past and what info needs to be on this. Maybe PM me or email me
    minjoe_bri@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Minda

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I might have one somewhere but as long as it has our logo on it and our web information it should do.

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Glen, from the 501st just contacted me about sharing booth space with them. He's got a 10x10 tent. We'd have to bring our own table. I've got one, but don't know if it will fit in my Blazer. Does anybody have one they can easily transport? Also, we'll need the banner. Is it ready to go?

I talked to the button lady last night and today. Gave her the new website address to add to them(thank you Stuart!). Said she'd have them to me in plenty of time.

Only a week and a half away! I'm looking forward to this!

5. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Kari,
    I thought we already had our own space? Will it be next to the 501 like a double space or is it just one 10x10 space?
    If I bring my table are we going to have both our table and the 501 table under the same tent? Will we be approachable on three sides or only one? Do you need another easy up for another booth or is the comic book store providing the tents and we provide the tables?
    Sorry for all the questions...
    Minda

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    This is all news to me.

I'll speak with Chris tomorrow, as far as I know we have our own space like last year.

Who has the banner?

Last year we brought our own easy up, table & chairs.

7. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Okay...

Me wife

Me nephew

And Me are coming to the event...yea!

I won't be working the booth, but... I can pass out flyers + buttons if need be. Also, if i were to pitch in on the cost thing bingy, who, when, where do I pay it to?

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Money is ALWAYS accepted!!!

I'm glad you guys are gonna be able to make it! Sure you don't want to be a booth babe??

9. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Do you already have the ezup, table & chairs?
    I have the banner, but it will go to Bill & Sandy this week to get the stand tweaked.

I'm glad you posted because I know you said we had our own booth. But I think it was super nice and important for the 501st to ask us to share theirs. I think it is brilliant relationship building and I think we should take their offer.
    What I'd like to suggest is that we do our booth butt up against their booth to make one long 10x20 booth then have the Falcon parked next to us, essentially making it three booths... the falcon with banner overhead, the IEFF booth, then the 501st. We could share a rather strong presence that way and be able to enjoy everyone. I think it would give credibility to the IEFF in the public's eye and a stronger relationship with the IEFF & the 501st. Win/win for us all [face_dancing]

I read the flier that said the 501st is avalible for pictures and I know some of us are coming in costume and are avalible for pictures as well, so I would like to bring the back drops I painted of the Death Star & Tantooine and have them there for everyone to use. I think it would be another step up to show what the IEFF can bring to an event. We bring the back drops for us to use and we share with the 501st. Again, win/win. I'd also like to bring some of the RL activity books. I'll print them, but they are 12 pages, so I think I can only do around 200. I know the 501st will be bringing their activity book so we'd have these and the buttons to pass out.

Stewart, Since this is your event, I'd really like your imput. I've already spoke with Kari about some of these ideas. Thanks

Minda

10. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Are they giving us more room this year? They had the back area fenced off and it was a tight fit with the booths, the food stand and the bouncy house last year.

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I definitely appreciate the offer to share a tent. However I?d prefer to be next to them in our own separate tent/easy up. We are two very different groups and being in same tent is likely to confuse people as to what we are about. That being said, i'll contact Glen and talk about it some more and see what we can come up with.

Summary
    - The Falcon will be parked in front of the store next to two other cars (a delorian and the x-men car I think).
    - There is a separate area for photos to be taken. The store will be taking e-mails of people to send the pics to.
    - We have a secure changing area (Please keep it tidy)
    - We will be fed (wristbands to get food, will be confirmed)

What We Need To Bring
    - Easy Up
    - Table
    - Table Cover (We need some clips to make sure it does not fly away)
    - Extra Chairs (Not sure how many but we should try to work the booth in shifts so it's not so packed)
    - Buttons
    - Flyers
    - E-mail sign up sheet (I?ve got them somewhere)
    - Scrapbook??? (Do we have one?)
    - Our Banner
    - Backdrops (Great Idea)

I?ll have more details tonight after I?ve met with Chris. Stay tuned.

12. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    So are you asking for others to bring the things on the list or do you have them?

Maybe we could post the list with who is bringing what so we know what else we need to bring.

Are you against the activity book? I wasn't clear from your answer.

13. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Scrapbook is my department. I am working on it. :)

I suppose since there will be so many of us, some of us can be out front too.

14. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Would you like pictures of the applepicking day/Oct meeting?

15. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I think I have some already, thanks. I can always get them from Kari's photobucket account. I've already snagged a bunch from the IEFF account. :D

There are sooooooo many, I am going to have to pick and choose carefully. :)

I can probably recruit a friend help me with a posterboard, unless someone else wants to do it.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Good point, mommyjedi

What We Need To Bring
    - Easy Up (Anybody got one?)
    - Table (Anybody got one?)
    - Table Cover (Anybody got one?)
    - Extra Chairs (Will confirm how many we need)
    - Buttons (Jedifan77)
    - Flyers (Everyone who can print color)
    - E-mail sign up sheet (AboutaSith)
    - Scrapbook (Jedi_Onasi)
    - Our Banner (HanChewie Clan)
    - Backdrops (Mommyjedi)

What's an activity book? Is that the same as a scrapbook of all our events?

A poster board with some pics on it would be cool as well, that way people dont crowd around our awesome scrap book.

I'm going to see about some stickers too.

17. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I think the activity book is like a coloring book.

What if we borrowed one of the fan force's idea with the little pom-pom Star Wars people? Or is too much to do in too little time?

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You mean like the ones Seattle Fan Force did for Civ, was it yvette dat made them? those were neat, i have no craft skills to do it though, if someone has the time that'd be a cool idea for now or future!

19. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I will ask Bill what we have that we can bring for the event. Do you want me to bring the Vader candy heads?

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I will bring my photo album that I did. Most of the pix are from my first year in the IEFF 06/07. I like the idea of a poster board, though!

Color printing is pretty expensive. Regular black and white is better than nothing.

I've got a the activity book that the RL uses. Minda has offered to make some copies of it. I think it's a little to last minute to try to come up with one that's centered around the IEFF. That could be something to work on later. A good thing to have!

I loved the little pom-pom people Seatle did for C-IV!!! They were so dang cute! Another last minute thing, though. Sorry, but I can't help on that. If somebody wants to do it, I know they'd be appreciated!

Sandy, I suggest bringing the Vader Head candy then deciding at the event whether or not to put them out. There are gonna be a whole heck of a lot of folks there, so I don't think they'd last long.

I've got some camping chairs, a black and a beige table clothe I could bring. Don't think a table will fit in the Blazer. Am I leaving anything out?

Oh yea, do we have a check in time?

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Y'all need to be down there by 9:30 am. I'll confirm the set up time next week, probably around 8:30.

The pics will be taken in front of a backdrop they have made. We can use ours in our booth.

We have a 10x10 space right next to the 501st's 10x10 space.

The layout is totally different to last year.

There's an IHOP right there if folks get there real early and wont some brekkie, there's a coffe shop to and a DQ round the corner.

I will home print color stuff, much much cheaper than getting robbed at kinkos.

I'm making a trip to office depot tomorrow for some junk and i'll get craking on some projects.

More to come.....

stickers look like this:
    [image=http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/sgca27/sticky.jpg]

Printed 500 of them so far! [face_dancing]

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Chris is going to put a flyer for the Disneyland day, it's in powerpoint format. we need as many as possible.

If you can print some in black & white please pm me your e-mail address and print what you can.

thanks

23. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Hey guys.
    I thought I would check in and save us all the pms back and forth. Kari asked already but I thought I would also ask here. Does anyone have an additional table for the booth? It would save me from having to bring one extra car just for a table.

Heres the 501st list of volunteers if anyone is interested.
    1) Mike TB-1089
    2) Glen TK-602
    3) Mark TR-TD-4255
    4) Chris Cerillo BH
    5) Curtis TK-4261
    6) Candace SL 1613 a
    7) Curt Nihilus
    8)Carl R2-D2
    No one posted about the Star Wars Hero clicks also being handed out? Shame, check it out.

Talk to you guys later,
    Glen B
    TK/TD/TB-602
    SCG
    I.E. XO

24. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Update:I just sent off a news tip to theforce.net about the event. Look for it.

Glen
    TK/TD/TB-602
    SCG

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Great Idea Glen!

MommyJedi, how many tables can you bring? Do you have two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.