main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~~Free Comic Book Day~~ Saturday, May 3

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I LOVE all the chatter going on on our boards right now!!!!!

Don't forget to say a prayer for Debbie (and Ryan). She's under the knife today!

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
  3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Just bought tickets for the 7:15pm showing of Iron Man at terra vista...yea! Who else is going to this other than Me, wifey, dane, Kari? (Ronnie??? / Nikol???)

P.S. Make sure we all wear are IEFF T-shirts to show off our fantastic group.

I've got 2 XL tees left if anyone needs one.

4. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Got our tickets!! Woo hoo!!

P.S. Stuart, my friend Jen is coming in costume. I had mentioned it awhile ago on the board. Just so you know to expect her.

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    ALL SYSTEMS GO!

IEFF Attendees

AboutaSith - Booth Stud
    Jedifan77 - RFJ
    HanChewie Clan - MFalcon and Han
    JediOnasi - Pregger Padme or Jedi
    JediOnasi's Friend
    DarthMalum - Stormie or Sith
    Kyaen - Jedi
    MommyJedi - Booth Babe
    Symina - Padawan Aayla
    Kris - Booth Stud
    DLK Vader (OCSWS) - Rotating Vader (while others cool down)
    HanShotFirst - Booth Stud

What We Need To Bring
    - Easy Up (MommyJedi)
    - Table (MommyJedi/Jedifan77)
    - Table Cover (MommyJedi)
    - Extra Chairs (MommyJedi)
    - Buttons (Jedifan77)
    - Flyers - Disney & IEFF (Everyone who can print)
    - E-mail sign up sheet (AboutaSith)
    - Scrapbook (Jedi_Onasi)
    - Our Banner (HanChewie Clan)
    - Backdrops (Mommyjedi)
    - Stickers (AboutaSith)
    - Activity Book

If anybody has any Star Wars Props to show off feel free to bring them along.

Our Neighbors from 501st
    1) Mike TB-1089
    2) Glen TK-602
    3) Mark TR-TD-4255
    4) Chris Cerillo BH
    5) Curtis TK-4261
    6) Candace SL 1613 a
    7) Curt Nihilus
    8)Carl R2-D2
    9) Kit TK-2384
    10) Trevor TX-9087 shadow stormtrooper
    11) Lori handler/booth babe
    12) Darren TK
    13) Tiffany/Booth Babe
    14) Aaric Jawa

If you have questions about the 501st booth please contact Glen TK-602

Day of the Event

Everyone working the booth/event should aim to be there for 9:30am. There will be a meeting at 10:30 after which we can all grab our comics.
    Food & Water will be provided, you will get a ticket to use for this.
    Secure Changing Area will be provided

Directions
    Get to and take the 210 and exit on Archibald and head south, it's in the IHOP parking lot on the right. 4 Colors is in the back north west corner.

I'll be there early to show everyone where we will be and where to change.

This is gonna be alot of fun! The kids are going to love it!

If anyone has an questions/concerns please let me know. PM me for me cell, most of ye have it methinks.

Looks like we are all good to go.

IHOP have offered us a private area for breakfast and/or dinner if we would like. Is anybody interested in getting brekkie say about 8:30?

Brekkie
    Is anybody coming for brekkie?
    AboutaSith

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Looks like Delta will be riding with me. With all the stuff I'm bringing, I might have to strap him to the luggage rack, but hey, he's young, he can handle it!

Minda, I got the tables!

Buttons are in the car.

Other paraphernalia is in a pile ready to go out in the morning.

Ugh, I need to iron my Jedi costume!

Yea! We're gonna have fun!

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I spoke with Chris today and he was very excited.

Looking fwd to seeing y'all! [:D]

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
  9. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    Don't forget the sunscreen![face_laugh]

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Kris and I are enroute. If anybody needs anything, call me: 760-900-4022

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Good luck, everyone! :cool:

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    What an amazing day!!! Thanks for all the fun! Can't wait to get the pictures uploaded. I'll post a link tomorrow, just way too tired tonight. WOW!

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Thank You Thank You Thank You Everyone! What a great success this was. 950+ happy people! Next year's will be even better!

Will post my pics soon! EDIT: Here's my pics here

14. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    What a blast we had today! Those of you who were not able to make it, we got good pictures so you can feel part of it too. We kept you there in spirit! The IEFF booth was so great, so many poeple visited us. I think Stuart said it was near 950 people.
    Everyone keeps posting that it was only 82, but when I moved my car to pack up my temp said 90 and that was at the end of the day. I'm sure it was near the high 90's! My rosey red cheeks will agree I think!
    Stuart, you were wonderful to set this up and for all the direction. it was really great! Mike. you found some great contacts and we are so glad you are the prefect PR man! There were so many wonderful moments and so many people did so much. I'll post the pictures soo... too tired...
    Thanks to all of the 501st. You were prefect booth mates. I really enjoyed playing with you all. Glen you are the prefect leader. Loved meeting so many new people and visiting with so many I've met before. I loved meeting Tiffany. She was really delightful.

Well done everyone!

15. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Today was great guys! I'm quite exhausted. I'll get pics up soon.

16. LA_Phantom

LA_Phantom Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2007
    It was a pleasure to meet some of you today.

17. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    We had a great time! Thanks to everyone who ran the booths, you guys are awesome! and Mike and Stuart, you definitely lived up to the title of "Booth Babes!" Great job, everyone!=D=

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Our Booth Studs! (with a Booth Babe or two thrown in)

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008_05_03FreeComicBookDay022.jpg] [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008_05_03FreeComicBookDay004.jpg]

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008_05_03FreeComicBookDay033.jpg] [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008_05_03FreeComicBookDay029.jpg]

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008_05_03FreeComicBookDay088.jpg] [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008_05_03FreeComicBookDay018.jpg]

JT, Kris, Stuart, Mike, Dane and Shelia, you guys did an amazing job with the booth yesterday! I hope you all had as much fun as it seemed!!

Ronny, you big stud, nobody can guard a gate like you can!

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend much time with Sandy and Bill. Thanks for bringing the Falcon! I hope you enjoyed yourselves and that you're feeling okay today, Sandy! Thanks for bringing the EZ-Ups and tables and the banner.

Will, it was great to see you out and about with us! Thanks for all your help.

Sonya, as always, you looked great! Thanks for coming out with Seth. Did he have a good time? Hope you and your family have an incredible time in Hawaii!! Can't wait to see the pix when you get back!

Minda, you're amazing! You got us organized, brought supplies and all sorts of yummy stuff to keep us going and must have put IEFF stickers on at least half of the chests that came to the event! Thank you for everything you did for us!!!

If I forgot to mention somebody, I sincerely apologize. It wasn't on purpose!

I'm so thankful to be part of such a fun group!

Oh yea, here are my pictures (and a few borrowed ones).

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just sent out a letter to everyone that signed up on our mailing list. I'll let you know if I hear back from anybody.

20. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    How many sign up on the interest list???

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Twenty-four people signed it, a couple of them were just goofballs wanting to be funny and at least two of them I couldn't make out the email address.

Also, I need to update where my pictures actually are. Try here, instead.

22. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    Here are mine pics as well... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/minjoe_bri/Star%20Wars/FCBD%20May%2008/

23. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    It was great seeing everyone yesterday. Yes, we had fun. I did miss being with everyone, but that's OK. I am sorry we did not come with you all after words. It is a good thing we went home because Brittney needed more help and I almost forgot about ordering the pizza's. My oldest daughter and grandkids were there, so I am very tired. The Comic Book day was great and fun. Thank you to all of you for going to the event. For those of you that weren't there, you were missed and hope to see you soon. Looking forward to going to the Mountain Top Cafe on Saturday. Can't wait. Bye.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    NICOLE!!I totally left you out. I'm so sorry!!! You're doing a great job on the photo album! It looks great and has some terrific pictures in it! Lots of fun for people to look at. Loved the new costume, too!

25. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yeah, fo sho, Nikol's new Padme rocks. Seth did have a great time, he was all tuckered out from his bounce-house antics. We ended up going to see Iron Man at the Krikorian theater in Redlands yesterday. Thought it was really cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.