main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Free Comic Book Day

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I mentioned this past weekend at Wook's house that Lobo Comics contacted us in regards to Free Comic Book Day. Apparently, they have a lot of traffic come through on that day. They've invited us to set up a table and advertise the group.

They said we can even sell stuff (as long as it's not adult in nature) - even items they may carry in the store. So that's cool.

Saturday, July 3rd. I forget what time, but it's pretty much an all day thing. We have to bring our own table(s). I have a card table we can use, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to be in town.

Anyone interested in doing this?

2. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I have armor....will travel!

3. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    brotherhalo, I have some tables we can use as well as covers-I will steal them from work. the covers are made to fit to the tables. its from the shows we do. they are lain denim

if someone can cover the afternoon, I can probably do the morning say 9:30 to 1pm.

I will bring some books to sell as well.

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Okay, Varza can cover some of the morning. Who's gonna help her? I might be able to.

Gecko, when would you like to show up? I don't know how much shade there will be and I figger you'll be staying inside most of the time, if you really are going to troop then.

5. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Bumping this one up! ;)

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Thanks, Gecko! I'm trying to make it there. I know Jonathan would enjoy a free comic book!

edit: Plus, I'll try selling my Kotobukiya Clone Trooper!

7. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    WHAT!!!!! (passes out)

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Gecko, what time did you want to start on Saturday? I am thinking lilke 9ish?

do we know the hours?

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    How many tables do you want to take, varza? I'll touch base with Lobo comics to find out if there's any problems...

10. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am up for a 9am start....will Lobos Comics be catering breakfast? Or is it bring your own? :D

11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    1 table... I don't think there will be room for more then the 1 and I don't think we need more then that.

So we need:

1 table (varza)
    1 banner (lor)
    1 table cover (varza)
    breakfast (gecko?) I am thinking we need our own breakfast.

Fliers
    business cards
    candy to give away.
    I will have some books
    what else?

edited to add:

we need chairs. I can bring 2 and I think we will only have space for those 2.

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sounds good. I'm waiting to hear back about what time it starts and goes to.

I'd also like to get a hold of the banner after the event...

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    well, I won't be closing up, so who ever is closing.

14. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I might tool over in the afters noons, gecko, did you have fliers and stuff like that to hand out? also I'll drop off the banner at your place on the second so you'll have it for the am shift. and BH did you call them to let them know that we would be there?

also did we want to do the "photo with a storm trooper" thing again to raise cashes?

-lor

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think the photo with a trooper would do well.

Hey I just talked to them, they open at 10am and close at 8:30pm. So doesn't look like we can start at 9am.

Gecko if we are still doing it want to meet me there at 9:45 to get set up? I will bring a flier holder, if I ever get my logo designed I may make some fliers.

Do we want special fliers? Like with information for upcoming events like the Bubonicon? Since we will probably have a room there for a few hours and such?

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I've wondered about the whole Photo with a Trooper. How much would you pay to have a Polaroid with a Stormtrooper? I don't know how profitable it would be. We could try it, certainly.

Lor, I did tell them that we were coming. Ron seemed excited about our presence.

A new flier might be a good idea. Lor, I'll run some ideas by you this evening about what we could do. I've had some ideas cooking for a while, now.

I'm going to try to be down there by opening, so I should be able to help setup as well. I intend on being there in the afternoon, too, since you gotta bail, varza.

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I am not sure if I have to yet, I just found out I have a 3 day weekend but it would be nice to get away for a bit.

How long are we going to stay?

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I figured we'd probably stay all day, or at least until the crowd thins out. Maybe we could all go out to eat or something afterwards? Or perhaps, after a nice hot day in the sun, we might rather go shower...

[face_stinky!!!] :p

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    then I may leave and then come back when I am done and releave someone else so they can take a break.

I figure I will work form 10 to 12 and then come back around 4ish?

This way I can go see Spiderman as well.

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    hey guys, I am not sure if I will be able to make it Saturday morning. I may be able to make it in the afternoon though.

sorry.

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Don't sweat it, varza. I should be able to show up. Are we still going to be able to borrow the tables? If so, do you want to drop them off at my place or at Gecko's?

22. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah you can still borrow them. it would be great if someone could pick them up from my work but I understand if that is too out of the way. I can drop them at Geckos I guess or send them with lor.

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, since Lor's dropping the banner off to Jess Friday night, then perhaps he could take the tables. Jess, would taking the tables be a problem? If so, let me know.

24. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I do not think it will be a problem.... :D

25. rtype97

rtype97 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2004
    Hey Bob I still need your number so I can get you some figures for the table. The last time I set up there we were stationed on the side walk in front of the store. It should be a good turn out this weekend because of the movie theater right there. I know its free comic day, so maybe we could do a free Star Wars Figure in stead of free candy? I have some loose figures that could work great for that. Let me know if this is something you want to do so I can gather them.
    Alfonso

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.