main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Free Comic Book Day?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Are we setting up a booth this year? We just had 3 people show up at the last GM so we really didn't have an E'ville-wide concensus on how or if to do this. I know Nathan said he couldn't be there and Ulkesh will be there. I am pretty sure Joe will be there and I myself will be there as well.

Has anyone talked to Jim from Comic Quest?

Did we still want to do this?

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I guess it's coming up pretty quick on May 6th. I hope you guys can get something going. I will actually be out of town that day. Y'all have fun, though.

3. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I can be there.

4. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I can be there... I get back in town Friday. If someone can talk to Jim, see if he wants us to set up a table and let him know that I can dress up for the whole day if he has some changing space.

:)

5. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Awesome and welcome back. I do believe Joe will be in his Tie Fighter flight suit.

6. comicquestguy

comicquestguy Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2003
    Hi: This is Jim from Comic Quest and I finally figured out how to get back on here and post. Yes, we want you guys to come Saturday May 6th. We have a huge event planned and we hope to get more people in this year than ever before. Let me know if you need one or two tables...we do have a place to change by the way...if you don't mind sharing it with Peter Parker(we have a great Spider-man suit to unveil this year). One of the things we could do this year is to let your table hand out the Star Wars FCBD comic so that you can tell people about your club as they pick up the comic. Any and all costume characters plus regular Star Wars civilians(Imperial or Rebel) are welcome. Hope to see many of you there. Jim

7. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Sounds great! So what do we think? One or two tables?
    Do we have any flyers to hand out?

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Sorry I can't be there guys but I'm still stuck over here in the sand box. :(

Can someone do a HUGE favor though and pick up the free Star Wars and Transformers comics for me?

9. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Any way somebody could nab me a copy of the FCBD SW comic if there is one? I'm going to try catching Jeremy Barlow, but he's not been online lately.

10. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I will pick up a few copies for you guys whili I am there. :)

Can I get a headcount on who will be there and how long you can stay?

11. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Good job guys getting this together in my absence. Everything sounds really good, but alas I will not be able to be there, as previously announced.

12. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    What are the start and end times. The monkeyboy has a soccer game and I have to schedule around that.

13. comicquestguy

comicquestguy Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2003
    Hi: Anyone who wants to man/woman a table or two can come in anywhere between 9am and 10am(We open at 10am), Anyone who wants the Star Wars comic just let your fan club rep know and we will take care of you...(including Nathan B...Hi Nathan). We are advertising the event from 10am to 5pm but more people will be there early than late. Anything visual you can put on your table/tables to draw people to your table is always a plus. I hope you can draw more people to your club by setting up. We have casually mentioned that there may be some Star Wars characters present but were afraid to say who since we haven't officialy had confirmations. We think there is going to be a piece in Thursdays paper about FCBD here in Evansville so that should help bump up numbers Saturday. We expect the biggest turnout to date. Jim

14. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Sounds great. I will be there around nine to get things set up and get into costume. Can anyone be there to help dress me? :oops:

15. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I couldn't resist saying:

Poor Jennifer...

:D

16. borzou99

borzou99 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2003
    I'll try to go, despite having to graduate at about 1:00 p.m.

Should I bring my FX Maul sabers? :p

17. TC517

May 14, 2001
    OOOHHHH! FX Maul Sabers!!!! Bring 'em, I know I would like to see them. I bet they draw a lot of attention too! :)

18. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Ok y'all.. I'll be there early to suit up, plus I'll have fliers for the E'Ville Jedi as well as Epic Plastic's podcast. See you all then!

19. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I appreciate it, guys. Also, I don't know when, but I'll be up in mid-June sometime. Once I know better, I'll let you know. If you're interested in shooting the shizzle or whatever, I'd be around without having to race back for work or anything then.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks TC517! Remember to take pics gang. :)

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I KNOW you didn't just say "shizzle" :p

22. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Wish I could be there agin this year. I'm trying to find one around here. Maybe over at Legends...

23. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Hey Gang,
    I figured if Red could chime in, I could too. I do so wish I could be there this weekend. A model display would have been cool. Alas, it is not ment to be. Nor is this message, really. No internet at home, and a strict no internet policy at work (that I am breaking). BUT, if someone would be so kind as to snatch up the star wars comic and place it in my Comic Quest file (Springer, Matt) I'd love you forever!

All the best,
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

24. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Heya Jammies, How's the new job going?

25. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sorry.
    But, it did feel good to get that off my chest. I'll probably edit this later. Um, Champians of the Force Previews are out. Hoth Trooper with Atgar Cannon looks uber cool.
    Have fun on free comic book day, and remind me next year. I think having a Star Wars diorama would be neat, and I don't mind if others play with my toys. As long as they don't break them---DOUG? Just kidding, it's no big deal Doug; that's what super glue is for.
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.