main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Free comic book day

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Hiya everyone,
    Just thought it would be good to start a post about Free Comic Book Day. For those who were at the meeting, we are a go for comic book day. So, begin your tasks that you volunteered for. Let's see if we can do this rigth and attract some attention to ourselves for expanding the membership and raising some funds. Perhaps John can post reminders about who will be doing what for Saturday.

TK, if you could please post date, times, and locations for assembly.

I will see what I can do about getting there earlier than I currently can (11:00). It's my daughter's first day of t-ball and I am one of the coaches...

2. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Well we got 2 batches of cookies and a brownie mix Tara will be cooking up to sell. I figured we could just bring it up to Brandon that Friday. Wish we could be there. oh yeah and if ya want I'll give him my speeder and sabers to display. Just let me know.

3. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    That would be great Andy!

I will have post all the info you need tomorrow night. lol

So just hold on............ :rolleyes:

Later,
    TK

4. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Any more details yet, TK? I can drop stuff off the night before or at 7 on Saturday morning, but I need to be back in Alton at 7:30. I will be back in Rochester around 11.

I will supply 3 different snack items from the star wars cookbooks, wrapped in packages, and a sign with names and prices of the items. I will also bring along a small card table for a pocketmodel demo table, the GNK droid, and my very rough clone helmet just to add to the atmosphere. I may also throw a few items in a basket and raffle it off. TK, you mentioned getting raffle tickets somewhere?? I was planning on wearing my jedi outfit, as basic as it is... Let's see a few more posts to see what other folks are contributing.
    As newly elected treasurer, I think any funds generated at an event should be shared, when the time comes to spend it, among those who contributed time or goods at that particular event, so let's get a good level of participation! It will be easy to keep a spreadsheet of individual names, fund raiser events, and amounts....

5. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok EVERYONE!!

Here we go...

Set up is at 7am on Saturday Morning. You can bring by anything you wish to drop off for the show the night before at my house. Bake goods , models , whatever you'd like to have shown off.

We will be having a STAR WARS Party/Work Night/Sleep Over!! lol :)

That's right a sleep over. SO far I have Jess and Brandon staying over. Anyone else that wishes to hangout or even stay over... is more than welcome.

You are also MORE than welcome to join us on Friday night as well. We will be working on the set-up for Saturday , we'll be doing some projects in the shop as well. (New Vac Form)

We'll be finishing up all the last bit of cooking, models... you name it! Plus I'm sure we'll have lots of other things to do. Movies games...ect. :)

As for Saturday...

We set up at 7am. STEVE!!! I need to know what James has for a table and tent? Sizes? When can we get them? Thanks!

We will have hopefully 3 tables in this order...

Table #1 = For group info. (Fliers, Pictures)
    Table #2 = For group models, project, ect.
    Table #3 = For Fund raisers. Food's, water,ect.

I will be counting on every ones help on Saturday working the tables. We'll talk to people about the group. RECUITE!! SELL ! SELL !! SELL !!! Hopefully make lots of money. I will be there for the whole set up. But I well be working with the 501st. thought out the day as well. So I can not be at that table the whole time. I know we can do this.

This will be our first BIG event as a group in sometime. I'm sure we'll mess up. lol I 'm sure we'll do some good as well. This is going to be a learning event for us. lol So everyone come HAPPY!! Smiling!! :)

Please.... Anyone with any ??? Let me know!! Call , Email, PM!!

Oh ya,

I have a Tusken suit ready to go for ANYONE wishing to try it out for the day. Let me know!! We need as many people to dress up as possible. I can also dress up a Jedi Knight your choice ...GOOD or BAD! lol

And let's not forget Chef Vader!!! Come on Anyone??

Ok.... I have some flier to start working on. lol So...

SeeYa,
    TK

PS>>> ANDY please give me a call. I can use some help on getting a final set on a fly for the tables. Just a basic one. Please call me!! Thanks !

6. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    cool tk. Just give me a pm with your phone number and a good time to call.

7. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I have one eight (8) foot folding table and one fold-up square tent like vendors have at craft shows and fairs. I can bring those either to Jetpack or to TK's house Friday afternoon. BTW, I'm having trouble getting on to banthapoodoo.org. CAn anyone explain or help?

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    We voted to close down the banthapoodoo site a couple of months ago. We decided it wasn't worth the money and we're going to go with a free web hosting site.

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    So what all do we have for baked items? TK and I went to Sam's Club last night and he picked up water and soda for the event, so we should have plenty of refreshments. Is there anything else that we will need?

10. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    For baked goods, I am bringing Wookiee coookies, Bossk brownies, and R2-D2 rice crispy treats. I will also make a sign listing what they are and prices for them.

I will also be bringing a card table and 2 chairs for a pocketmodel demo table. Perhaps we can have a sign-up sheet for demos starting at noon and have one every half-hour? I will likely stop at Jetpacks today to pick up May prizes and hopefully the oversize gunship model to have on the table.

I will also donate a few items to the raffle basket. Do we have a container for that?

Other items: cooler, GNK Droid (hopefully finished).

11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Sounds good Steve nice work.

I'll have a couple bake goods myself. What they are I'm still working on.lol But we are al set with the following...

Water
    Soda's
    Tables
    Tents
    Tickets for Raffle.

The following is just my check list..... lol Please let me know if I forget anything. :)
    Models, pens, chairs, stantion, table clothes, coolers, Ice, fliers, business cards (EVERYONE that has them, please bring them!!) Camra's, Face paints, cash box

Ummmm.... please let me know if there is anything else we need. Thanks

SeeYa,
    TK

Again, we'll be going over this list and set on Friday night at my place.

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Ummm...I don't have a business card....

What do our fliers look like that folks can pick up??

13. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    were droping off our baked goods today at brandons. we got chocolate chip cookies sugar cookies and rice crispie treets. (the brownies turned to the dark side and became A big mess)

14. Dizzygrl

Dizzygrl Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2008
    Wanted to let you all know i made a small batch of cripes out of the same mix for the kids. and they are kinda crumbly. :_| so its your call if you want to sell them. i'm sorry i tried. the only thing that came out really good was the cookies.

have a fun day dizz

15. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped out with Free Comic Book Day in Rochester. We raised $189 for the group and learned a few lessons about fundraising (ie. food and drink aren't great sellers, and raffles really sell well). I already have a few ideas about future fund raising as well as a few thoughts about how to grow the money we made yesterday. Thanks again for all the hard work!

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I finally uploaded the pics! All in all, not that much to look at (I should have taken more), but you get a sense of it...

Free Comic Book Day

17. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    thanks for posting the pics John! I especially like the one of me and my padawans! We will definitely use the one of Brandon on our PR stuff in the future...

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well Guy's...

It's a little late due to PC problems but ...

I would like to THANK EVERYONE for all their help on FCBD! It's very cool that even with the day weather we still had a pretty good day. So, thanks again to all. I'm sure we'll take everything we learned from the day and make the next one BIGGER and BETTER!!

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> James I still have your coolers. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.