Bloom, IN Free Comic Book Day

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by NorvelleJedi05, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone. I listened to the March podcast when you discussed Free Comic Book Day. Steve Gray and I did Free Comic Book Day 2006 at PC Guru. We had an awesome time trooping there and the guys working at the store had a good time. I learned last year that PC Guru was going out of business.

The troopers in northern Indiana, Fort Wayne are trooping at a Free Comic Book Day/BFG Blood Drive event.
  2. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm open for discussion here.
  3. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    We were just talking about this tonight. I am going to go ask Vintage Phoenix on Saturday if they would like to partner with us. Brian, Would you be willing to troop if we get the ok?
  4. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I just talked with the manager at "Vintage" , And he said he would talk to the owner and get back with me.
    Now, what can we do wile there if it happens?
  5. tainted_crimson Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ben and I were at Vintage Phoenix tonight and heard them talking about this, actually. Eavesdropped, they didn't know we were members. They're kinda iffy about the whole thing. They don't think the food drive will really get any results, but they sounded like they were kinda okay with having help on Free Comic Book Day. However, they don't want people to go insanely all out, because they don't want customers to be alienated.

That said, they sounded worried about turning down the offer. They said they didn't want to make "enemies" of a group like ours, and it wasn't said with the best connotations. So might want to make it clear that there won't be any bad feelings if they decline, it was just an idea and we're not gonna go War Geek on them if they say no.
  6. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    We tried . Ya its not a big deal if they say no. It was just a fun idea to get out in the community.
  7. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I just sent them en email letting them know we dont have to do a food bank barrow there .
    And if Brian can show in costume, That might even be a bigger selling point to them.
  8. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    I need to know if this event is a go by April 12th so I can get off from work. ;)
  9. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll do my best Brian. Thanks for agreeing to do this.
  10. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Small update, I got a email from Matt , The VP manager I spoke to on Saturday. He said he is planing there events for FCBD and they would get back with us soon on a dissension . I did send him an email letting him know we dint have to do the food idea.
    Keep our fingers cross. I think this could very good for us.
  11. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes, sorry for not posting. VP decline but hope we could come out and have fun anyway.
    I told them we are always here if they need us for anything.
  13. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a feeling that Vintage Phoenix would do this. Steve talked with VP in 2006 but they declined and the alternative site was PC Guru.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.