main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Free Comic Books????

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by DEWGOD01, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Does anyone know if the "Star Wars" comic that will be given out at the Free Comic Book day event held on the fourth will be available at the Celebration. I ask because I believe I read somewhere that said there was only one comic book store in Indy that was involved with it. It as well as the rest of the comics that will be given away look interesting and I don't want to have to trust someone else to go and get them for me or to try to make it to said comic book store myself that Saturday. Any ideas?

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    As I understand it, the purpose of free comic book day is to get people to get into comic stores. Based on that definition, then no, the comic should not be available at the Celebration.

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    There are several comic books stores in Indianapolis. There are a few "main" ones or well known ones and a lot of smaller ones as well. Downtown Comics - Downtown isn't too far from the convention center. I've talked with one of the managers of the chain and he said they will have a booth at Celebration 2 and will be selling some things, but I haven't gotten a straight answer about whether or not they will have the "free" comics books. From my understanding, though, no they will not be selling the books at their booth but will be selling them at the store which is roughly about 6 blocks away from the convention center.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Dark Horse Comics has posted on several comics message boards that the free Star Wars comics will not be given out by them at C II. If you can't get one, don't sweat it, the story is also going to be in Star Wars Tales #12, on sale in June.

5. DEWGOD01

Mar 30, 2002
    Well, I already spend WAY too much time on this message board to try to muster up the time to go to another one. Thank you for the info. And even though it will be featured in Star Wars Tales it would still be neat to have, don'tcha think?

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Oh yeah, I've already told my comic dealer to hold me one. I just posted that the story is also going to be in SW Tales #12 for people who aren't able to get one at the show.

7. DEWGOD01

Mar 30, 2002
    Ok, I'm jealous that you have a comic dealer. I do feel kinda sorry for those comic book stores in Indy that are doing it because I think they will feel like jawas in a fire sale. But instead of droids they have comics..and instead of moisture farmers they have to deal with rabid Star Wars fans...ok I just thought about that way too long...

8. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Trust me, they're getting prepared. I was in a store when one of the head managers told the other guys who were there that they were all working that weekend. ;) Poor guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.