main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Free comic day @ Northland Mall

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Hey I was talking to the guy at Komic Kazie in Northland Mall and on July 3 at around 10:30 the 501st Stormtrooper Legion Badlands Squad will be roaming around the mall in their stormtrooper gear.
    I am told they will be there till around 4 hopefully. So you might want to stop by and check them out and hopefully we can get something going as a fanforce too.

Ryan

2. andre

andre Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    I didn't know that Calgary had any members for the 501st. I supose they're from all over thou. Wish I was back in Calgary for the summer. I spent last FCBD roaming all around the city, as most of the shops will only dish out 2 free comics a piece.

3. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Just a quick update on this post. The guys from the 501st are pretty cool went down to the mall and got a few pictures.

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That's awesome! cool to have an active garrison so close to you!

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Badlands Squadron is in all of Alberta, but all our members are from Calgary and Edmonton. Its cool that someone from the boards saw the guys. I wasnt there but I am a member :)

Next time we're in Calgary I'll let you guys know. Maybe you can pop by again :)

6. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Hey, that was soo cool. I wish that I was there. Sorry Ryan. I am stuck in Regina for work.

Darth Paul

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I tried calling you that morning to see if you would be up to coming. But nobody was home. No wonder.
    It was cool there was about 6 or 7 troopers and Vader. Makes me want to max my credit card and buy armor. Boy would my wife like that.

8. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Who knows? Next time the Squadron meets, maybe you'll be able to organise an official Fan Force meeting out of it. ;) :D

9. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    I was thinking of getting armor as well. I'm a bit leary of getting anything from an online source though. Anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a Storm Trooper or Boba Fett!

My hair isn't like it was back in '77, and there aren't too many clean cut Jedi out there!

10. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Calgary guys,

Hi Ryan... I'm the one that was pointing the weapon at you. It was fun there as the owner of the store treated us really well. I went to your webpage... you got some pretty kewl lightsabers. I have a couple of MR F/X Sabers. Just curious what do you charge to make one like Luke's ANH Lightsaber? I'm glad that you enjoyed our presence there. We will be attending the Calgary Con http://www.con-version.org/ on August 7

By the way...here is our website if you're interested... there are alot of pictures there to see. You'll even see a Cylon if you know what it is. That would be me :)
    http://www.badlands.ca/

Say Jaeden2k... we can hook you up with Stormtrooper Armor from a guy in Vancouver. A few of us have the FX Armor... some of us are getting a second set of armor... the new armor is Canadian RT-Mod. This is the guy from Vancouver. He has excellent prices. If you want to check out the different types of Stormtrooper Armor... here is an excellent link
    http://www.starwarshelmets.com/

One of our guys is selling his FX Armor if you're interested.. he lives in Calgary. LMK if you're interested... I can hook you up with him.

Dave :)

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Dave.
    That was a awesome day at the mall there. After I took those pictures I had them developed right away. they are actually on my shelf with my SW Unleased figures.

What is a set of the RT armor worth. I'm totally interested in getting a set. My wife was actually talking to my family back in BC about it.

As for lightsabers I haven't really thought about making and selling them. Luke ANH saber is really a Graflex flash gun. It looks pretty tough to build. I have seen some of these flash gun on ebay every once and a while. I know www.parksabers.com has replica graflexs for sale.

Ryan

12. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Ryan,

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself that day. The RT-Mod armor is made from a guy (Rob) in Vancouver. He will charge you $750 for the armor (plastic) parts plus shipping. This includes the helmet. All that you would need to get is the white boots, lycra shirt and pants, gun and holster, gloves and you're a Stormtrooper. You might want to get a comm system so that you may talk to the people who are seeing you... but that can wait. Did you want Rob's email address? He is an excellent armor maker. There are 12 Stormtroopers in our division. There are 4 of us who has his armor. If you would like to see how we put on the armor... I can contact my friend in Calgary...he's our Squad Leader (Darcy). He's got both the RT-Mod and FX Armor if you're interested in looking at them before making a decision to buy your own armor. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.