main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Free Harry Potter OOTP in IMAX screening.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jerseyyoda, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Last night I thought of another option. I could have someone pick me up at my school, which is in Sherman Oaks. It's called Village Glen High School, so you can google maps that if you want. It lets out at 1:30 because of summer, but I can wait there for a long amount of time. Once again, if anyone can give me a ride from my home or my school, PM me or say so in this thread. I'll be monitoring it periodically throughout the day, but if I get no reply by 1:30, I'm assuming that no can take me. I'll say so in this thread around that time.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Though I live in Sherman Oaks, MZ I will be going straight from work which is Culver City. I don't believe any of our members live in that area other than myself.

3. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    So...there is no hope?

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    JY, Am I the VK you refer to or is it Valedekor? I hope it's me because I'm planning on showing up straight from work. I will try to look and act very professional and not embarass you or Skyryder.

I suggest that all of us who get free tickets treat JY to dinner beforehand to thank him.

MZ, Sorry, but I'm not going to be anywhere near Sherman Oaks. I wish you the best of luck finding a ride. It would have been nice to meet you in person. It's tough living in L.A. and not having transportation.

See you party people this evening!

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That's a good idea VK2. Let's treat JY to dinner.. too bad it'll be a fast food dinner.

Let's meet on the top level, near the Theater. There's a bunch of tables there, if I remember correctly, near Rubios. I probably won't get there until close to 6pm, so that doesn't give us much time to eat. For those who get there earlier, just go ahead and eat dinner if you want. Don't wait for us all to get there first. I don't think the seats are reserved (right JY?) so we'll probably want to get into the theater early.

6. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Thanks VK2. Yeah no one has gotten to me so far, so it looks like I probably won't be able to go.:_|

At the latest though, I'm sure I'll see you on the 4th for VK's farewell party. I'll get there even if I have to gnaw me own leg off!

7. jerseyyoda

jerseyyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Yes, VK I mean you. Don't worry about dinner as we'll all be getting there at different times and end up eating at different places and rushing to eat to get into the theatre. Basically, if I don't see you and get you your tickets before I go in...there is the theatre services right inside the theatre door where I will leave your tickets will call under your real names.

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Maybe we need to clarify since there are a couple of duplicate initials. VK is ValedaKor and VK2 is Varikei. SJ is SoloJedi and SJ2 is Sol_Jedi.

I'm all for buying JY's dinner, if not this time then next.

MZ, sorry, I don't live anywhere near your school and won't be going in that direction. Sorry.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The old SoloJedi doesn't post anymore so I just go with SJ for SolJedi. Anyway I might get there earlier now due to me having to take care of some work business over in that neighborhood this afternoon I think I'll just leave from there (near the Fox Hills mall) instead of returning back to work.

10. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Thanks for the sympathy guys, but it looks like I can't go. I get out of school in ten minutes, and after that it's an hour ride on a cab to get home. JY, feel free to give my ticket to someone else. It seems as though nobody lives in my area. Oh well, hopefully I can make it next time.

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Let's definitely buy dinner for JY. I should be there between 5:30 and 6

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    What at the food court? Everyone chip in a quarter. Glad that's settled.

13. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    MZ, I'm so sorry you couldn't figure out a way to meet up with us. Well, there's plenty more SW fun in the future.

JJ, I should be there about the same time, provided traffic isn't to horrific.

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You didn't know either? Then I don't feel so bad, 'cause I figured *you* would know something like that for sure. :)

15. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Shh, you'd think I'd know about aspect ratios on Disney films, but we deal with only a couple ourselves. I didn't even know there was a DIFFERENCE, and now I feel sick that I have been missing sections on the tops and bottoms of my Disney films, lol.

Hopefully I'll catch some of you before we go in, I expect to be there with some time to spare to get something at Rubio's, maybe.

16. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I know that this is late in the game, but my son has taken ill and can't come.

I have an extra ticket for anyone who wants to go, or bring a friend or padawan or wookiee or something....

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I apologize for this last minute notification - I will be unable to attend.
    I was really looking forward to this.

Thanks again JY for arranging this!

18. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I'd be nice to go tonight, but I'm working at least a 12 hour shift today. Two called in sick again... But it's nice over time that helps me get my ticket to Australia!! :D

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I just got home and it was a fun time. 3D rocked! Thanks again, JY. Oh, and if "David" asks if anyone knows someone with my first name, deny it.

20. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    "David"? Hope you didn't have a bad experience there, DH. :/

Glad to hear it was good! I hope I'll get to go tomorrow or Wednesday.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey ES! You were definitely missed. JD and I sat together and it was a lot of fun.

Ginny had like three lines total.

22. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Wow, that flying glass is AMAZING in 3-D IMAX! Thanks, JY!
    (Don't think I want to know about this "David" thing...could be dangerous.)

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Aw, I'll always remember the fun of sitting by you two at the CIV marathon. :) (and JR)

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I really loved it. I think I liked it better the second time around. The movie is all action no fluff. Has just what you need.

25. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Thanks again to JY, who so graciously invited us to his company's private screening. =D=

I really liked OOTP. It was the darkest , most thoughtful, and most adult HP yet. Visuals were stunning and I appreciated the psychological character development of the young adult heroes.

Another fun event that sharing with my LAFF buddies was made all the better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.