main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Free Harry Potter OOTP in IMAX screening.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jerseyyoda, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks JY for the invite, I'm you know that your work is and will be greatly appreciated by many.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    JY, thanks for giving us this treat tonight!! I really appreciate it and had a great time (as usual) hanging out with you LAFFers!! Thanks for always letting me tag along!

SJ, I appreciate dinner! I hope you remember the lesson that some people are very picky about who touches their straws. [face_shame_on_you] ;)

Thanks for driving DH. I think this was the first time I've ever spent any amount of time with you. Gotta say that you cracked me up!! JN, I don't recall her mentioning anything about "David" on the drive back. What did we miss! I hope both of you make it too work tomorrow morning without much problem!

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Now I know why nice guys finish last :D

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    ... because all of their fingers are missing from getting them smacked off?

[face_laugh]

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks JY for inviting us to this. My wife and I really enjoyed the movie. It was really cool of you to do this for us.

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Thanks again JY. Thanks to all my LAFF buddies, too. As usual, I had a great time with all of you & the movie was fabulous, especially with the IMAX 3D.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

7. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    JY - Thank you again for inviting your fellow LAFFers to this event. As always had a great time. The movie was fantastic and it made it more special watching it on IMAX 3-D version.
    SJ - Thank you for reserving our spots. You are too kind. Sorry we couldn't make it to our seats early. We walked in as soon as the movie started and sat close by the left entrance. We just barely made it. *Phew*

Look forward to seeing you all soon. :)

8. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh, forgot to tell you all:
    JJ, SJ & I lured "the sisters" and their friend to the dark side:
    Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co. (or whatever it's called.)

9. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    I really liked OOTP. It was the darkest....[to quote JJ]

Yes, I would have to agree to that. When I heard that the movie was going to be dark I had no idea. Doh! (As Homer would say)...I was wearing my 3-D glasses for almost the entire movie til I saw the green glasses logo in the scene where they fly with the horsed winged creatures (forgot their name). I felt like a pea-pod. But I really loved the haunting mood and dark feel of the movie.

Thanks JY, you're the man. Well, next to Harry Potter. JK.=D=

10. Arminca

Dec 4, 2006
    To add the Rocky Road Fudge with butter walnuts and marshmellows was so yummy I just melted away.=P~

11. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    Thanks Todd for inviting us for the screening last night. I didn't get a chance to say this but you really hooked us up!! The movie rocked even though my sisters and I were a bit late, we still enjoyed ourselves. Well, I guess I'll see you soon.

12. Rowe_Solo

Jan 21, 2007
    But the Bear Grabbing Apple Smoothered in Caramel & Dark Chocolate with Almonds was TO DIE FOR!!! [face_love] 8-}

13. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    forget the rocky mountain chocolate, you guys missed out on Ben and Jerrys! Thanks again to JY for a great movie. I hope everyone got to glimpse his name at the very end. We all applauded but I'm not sure everyone actually saw it. Have fun figuring out how it's pronounced too. IMAX rocks. I had no clue what I was missing.

14. Rowe_Solo

Jan 21, 2007
    I don't think any of us missed out on the Ben and Jerry's because Cold Stone is much much better 8-} =P~ :* . Ask SJ and M.Z they'll tell you!! I strongly recommend Rocky Mountain Chocolate for those who haven't tried it. We also applauded when Todd's name appeared on the screen.

15. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Rocky Mountain chocolate abuses the good name of Dark Chocolate. Icky.

16. Rowe_Solo

Jan 21, 2007
    You should know that, "CHOCOLATE IS A WOMAN'S BEST FRIEND!!" It's good for the heart and contains lots of antioxidants. The darker the better!!! :* [face_dancing]

17. Arminca

Dec 4, 2006
    Well, since the topic is a bit chocolatey [face_laugh] and it's my fave sinfully simple pleasures of life....

Here's a link for the chocolate lovers and it's health benefits:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate

18. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I discovered my darkness limit a while back. Scary... I didn't think there was such a thing as "too dark," but once it gets past 75% cocoa content or so, it's just *too* bitter(!). :/ Dagoba (-h! ...they spell it wrong) makes one that's too dark, as do some others that can be found at World Market. My favorites there are the Scharfen Burger (or something funny like that) normal kind (I forget what they call it...something weird like "Pleasure" or "Delicious" I think) and of course the Ritter Sports (dark, dark w/hazelnuts, and milk w/cornflakes!! Germans are odd like that, haha). I'm so happy Ritter Sports are getting so popular--you can find at least a couple flavors of them at Target and the grocery store too now!

Oh, and the Dark Chocolate Ganache will always be my fave Godiva piece. 72% cocoa shell with heavenly ganache (halfway between cream and fudge in consistancy) filling. It's like eating really really REALLY good, rich, dark chocolate ice cream.

I've only had Rocky Mountain once or twice and don't remember how the quality of dark chocolate was, but I will add that the greatest abomination of dark chocolate ever is HERSHEY'S. Dark Kisses, dark everything else, bleah!!! Same with dark M&Ms. They add waaaaay too much sugar to it, and like all Hershey's, it's very waxy, so it's just nasty. Only eat it if you're extremely desperate and can't get any other chocolate. I'll also add Hershey's chocolate chips to this list of Must Avoid chocolates. Yucky!

19. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Danger! Hasketted thread!

Had a lot of fun. Sorry I was too tired to hang out for dessert. APL and JY bugged out before I could say good bye.

20. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Harry ate chocolate in the first and third movies. See I'm bringing it back to topic.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yet another reason I'm so fond of Lupin. He brings chocolate!

22. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I coulda sworn we said goodbye in the theatres....sorry DH.

23. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Not to mention it was used by the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans as a aphrodisiac! :D;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.