main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Free Original Music for your Fan Film!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by chiefsadler, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefsadler

chiefsadler Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    Hello. My name is Brian Sadler. I'm a musician in the US Navy and as a hobby I compose music, speciffically film music! I've written orchestral music for several Star Wars Fan Films such as "Space Voyagers" (not offically a fan film, but a great piece of work) and the newest Fan Film "Run, Leia, Run!"

I would like to help any of you with your film by offering my services for free. I can write music for any mood, from heroic to mournful. The music, unfortunatly, will not be played by a live orchestra but dose not sound like cheezy 80's video game music. By mixing synthesized music with digital recordings of instruments such as a cellos, low brass, and percusion I can produce some great sounds which will hopefully satisfy your needs.

Check out my website http://www.sadlersongs.com/Main.swf to download demo songs and for additional contact information. Flash Player is needed to view the site. If you don't have that and don't want it, just go straight to the download page: http://www.sadlersongs.com/Downloads.html

If you would like more demos contact me at chiefsadler@hotmail.com

Thank you!
    Brian Sadler
    USN
    CINC COUTH Band

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    WOW!
    Nice site, useful links (might need to raid some of those for the AMP) and REALLY good music.

I just listened to one of your main themes and an action cue. Both were excellent musically, though the sound modules used lack a realistic orchestral quality.

I was originally planning to use only SW music, but I think I'd be interested in having a least a few scenes get their own score now. I have my own MIDI rig with a Kerwzeil K2vx and a Roland JV1080, plus sampled drum systems and effects. Maybe I could use them to "re-render" a MIDI file.

Mmmmmm.

I'll follow up with an email sometime after I get home tonight.

Have fun!

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Gotta plug my pal here.

Brian Sadler did the orchestral music for RUN LEIA RUN and in my opinion it is one of the most important and crucial elements in 'selling' the film. Brian worked quickly and did a far better job than I ever expected I could get from some random dude on the Internet.

I gave him simple specifications (time limits and what tracks I wanted him to spoof). The goal for RUN LEIA RUN's score to be "a playful take on John Williams". He did amazing work. Amazing, amazing work.

You can download the complete RUN LEIA RUN score off our Web site. If you're looking at Brian's page, the 1minute 34second "Main Title" is the one he did for me, and the "End Credits" is also for Leia.

I'm not sure what kind of 'review' Brian's site posted from me in the review section. That's just the disclaimer telling people it's better to download it than stream it live. :D Unfortunately the official RUN LEIA RUN thread is clogged with people saying they haven't seen "Run Lola Run", so I hope Brian Sadler can finally get the praise he so richly deserves in this thread.

Get him while you can, kids.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. chiefsadler

Mar 19, 2002
    thanks guys!

5. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I also do original music, and have some examples up in a few places... but it depends on the scope of the project. Some I won't have time for, but it's always worth asking. Also, I do complete post-production with sound, using a ProTools LE 24-channel system (I should be upgrading to 32 tracks shortly). I have a sampling workstation to do foley (sound fx), and can put together a variety of instrument sounds for scores.

If I don't have time to do the complete score for your project, I might consider giving limited license (at no charge) to use some of my existing material.

As for samples of my work, check out the following pages:

MP3.com - music only

www.avatardigital.com - various audio/visual media

PM me if you're interested. Brian, I don't know what kind of studio resources you have... but I'm always open to the possibility of collaborating with others wherever mutually beneficial.

6. chiefsadler

Mar 19, 2002
    Thanks. PM sent.

just trying to get this thread back to the top

7. nivlak

nivlak Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Hello,

I visited your website and downloaded a few of your pieces and found them to be very good. I created a short fanfilm a few months ago called 'Art of the Saber' in which I used scores from Hans Zimmer for both the movie and the credits. Would you be able to create a score that is 5:50 in length? I am interested in seeing if someone could create an original score for my movie that would convey the same emotion as 'Gortaz a Ran'. It would need to pull emotion in the beginning and end but unlike 'Gortaz', have a fast and furious pace in the middle for the action.

Anyway, it would be a large undertaking. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
    CH

8. chiefsadler

Mar 19, 2002
    I sent you an email. more details there

Thanks!
    Brian

9. DavidSal

DavidSal Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Hi, I'm the director of "Space Voyagers", a short film that mixes Star Trek, Jedis and a Trex. This movie was scored by Brian Sadler. I can only say great things about him. He's very professional and work fast. The music is great and exciting (just hear the "distortion Attack" demo from his site). I'm sure that the impact of the movie was greatly enhanced by his wonderful music. Two thumbs up!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.