main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Free Outdoor Movie "Star Wars"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by azoutdoormovies, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azoutdoormovies

azoutdoormovies Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    There will be a free showing of "Star Wars" at the Kino Sports Complex 2500 Ajo Way Tucson Az 85713 on Saturday Aug 6th. It will be shown on a three story screen heard through a Bose sound system. It is incouraged for you to be in your favorite costume.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    this sounds really exciting.. is there a website about this somewhere.

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Thats awesome, who's putting it on? Are there tickets that need to be bought?

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    YEAH!!!!!!!! If anyone else is going and gets dressed in thier STARWARS best...so will I!!!!

5. azoutdoormovies

Jul 16, 2005
    This a free movie and the website about it is azoutdoormovies.com just click on the tucson button on the left.

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004

Gates open at 6:00

Show starts at dark]

Dude, they do know that it doesn't get dark until almost 9pm right?

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Awesome, Im there, is there anywhere we shold meet when we get inside? Or are we going right after the meeting?

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    everyone will probably have to enjoy this one without me... any movie that starts after 8pm I won't be able to go to.. I have to be at work at 10pm.. no way I can manage this.. not enough time to ask for it to be off... too bad it has to be dark. I hope I can find someone to take the kids to see it though.

I think it would be a great group activity if everyone manages to get together.. easy enough to spot us now that a lot of us know each other by sight.

hope this works out for all of us and it is a great success.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, looks like only a few are going so far unfortunatly. Is anyone going in costume and is anyone bringing their kids? I was thinkgin about takingmy 3 year old son, but only if he has some kids tro play with.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well.. my kids are aged 10 and 9. However, if I find someone to take my kids they will be there.. but most of the people that watch my kids are not into Star Wars and I don't know that I can convince any of them to go to a showing of Star Wars.. but I am looking into it. I can't be there because of work.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    As it turns out I will be at this outdoor Star Wars showing with both of my kids. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I will just head straight from the meeting to the movie.

12. azoutdoormovies

Jul 16, 2005
    I hate to be the one to break the bad news but the movie rights for Star Wars has been pulled off the market. We will not be able to show this movie like we wanted to. I am very sorry if this caused you any problems. Thanks for the interest and once the movies have been released then I will let you know if nad when we will show it.

13. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    well thats poopie!! What a bummer.

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    well thats a bummer I was hoping ot bring my 2 1/2 year old padawan to play with the pther students. Well, at least theres still the meeting, hey is there a costuming group here in town? Ive decided to go Jedi for halloween and want to make my own.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I know at least three of us in the group can make Jedi costumes. Perhaps more.. who knows :)

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    This really is the pits!! I was looking forward to it.. and now I have to break it to my son.. he is gonna be more verbal about his upset than I.

17. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Yep, just let us know what you need help with and we will do our best.

I can assist with leather Jedi belt, and know where you can get Jedi boots and such...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.