main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* FREE SWStuff * Come here *

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by que4zone, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm sorry.. but I lied!.. I thought that subject title would at least get you in here.. well.. I'm curious to find out who (Wisconsin people) actually comes to the Milwaukee forum (or any WI-Forum at that) and what you think we should do as Wisconsin SWFans?? There's Minnesota Force and Chicago Force.. Where's Wisconsin's Force.. Get what I'm saying.. Who's in charge??

~ Again, I'm sorry for the deception... :)

locked because there is another thread discussing this

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I visit TFN daily but only started checking out the forums a week or so ago. Since we are getting pretty close to the release date I figured now would be a good time.

For TPM a bunch of us got together for breakfast and then all went to get in line for tickets together at the Ultrascreen at westtown. We had a blast and the screen was awesome - I hope to do the same thing this year.

Actually, now that I think about it some of us (not me) got together for THX1138 just before TPM opened as well.

I am all for getting something like that going here!

3. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Mauler-

For TPM we had a friend go and procure 10 tickets for the midnight showing at the Ridge. That was when I was in college, so only a small handful of those people I am still in contact with. I was wondering how many you have in your group. Also, hopefully not to ostracize anybody from your group, how old are they?

4. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Don't apologize, the age issue is what is stopping us from getting organized. The people who are doing most of the posting on that "Just how many of us are there thread?" are not yet old enough to drive. I'm sorry to say that they should not be the ones organizing the meetings. They can particpate but they shouldn't come alone. A lot of the meetings that qualify to make a fanforce official seem to be just meeting in a public place like a food court for lunch rather than booking a room or something. Once we get a faithful group, then you can do more elaborate activities. What do you say guys? Can we get this thing at least started before Celebration. Otherwise, Jedisis, que4zone and I will sit down at Celebration and talk about it. Are all of you coming to Indy? Maybe we can settle it then.

5. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I share your same concerns Bujo. It would be a bit weird having to drive around to pick up some pre-16 year old kids and head to a meeting!

Not that there's anything WRONG with kids that are fans. (As Seinfeld would say)

It's been kind of a tradition that I see new Star Wars movies with my older sister from Madison. I've seen all the SW movies opening day with her. So in our little group it would be my wife, my sister and her boyfriend, and me.

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Minnesota Force is in the Minneapolis MN forum. The reason we named it Minnesota instead of Minneapolis is because it includes people form the 'burbs, St. Paul, and cities as far as 5 hours away. Pick a city to center your board activity around and where you will meet. FanForce is about local groups getting together in real life, so somewhere down the line, a city will have to be picked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.