main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Freedom City (a superhero RPG)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Master_Starsun, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starsun

Master_Starsun Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2010
    Freedom City, NY was established in 1604. The first metahuman to appear, Captain Tomorrow, was from Freedom City. Also the first super villain was here as well, Doctor Negative. The number of metahumans grew until 1987, when the government deemed "supers" too chaotic to allow basic freedoms. The Beachamp Act would allow the United Nations to take children that proved to be meta-gene positive for government training. Some metahumans fled to countries outside the UN's jurisdiction, others rebelled creating what is called the Super Resistance others gave in essentially becoming agents of the Initiative, an organization that until 1988 was secret. Super villains are still out there, illegal supers are outlaws, the Resistance members are seen as terrorists or worse, and many feel that the UN and the Initiative are becoming tyrannical. These are dangerous times... In need of HEROES!

Xan Edit: Locked to make way for a new game.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Also in need of...RULES!!!! And...GAME MECHANICS!!

I would take a look at some of the game design threads in the Resource forum, as well as the guidelines stickied to the top of the page. The story is actually pretty cool, which is fantastic! But I would take a look at the OPs of a few other games, as well.

3. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    Alright, so this may be a lengthy post. Info on this world. Technology is much like this world, however those of you dealing with the Initiative will get some pretty cool gadgets that are cutting egde, OK maybe a little better than cutting edge. The year this story begins is 2009, April 20. Your character may be part of the Super Resistance, the Initiative, Unaligned/Outlaw, or part of the Mutant Underground, which is an organization of people, super and mundane, who help Initiative agents get new identities and join the Resistance or flee the country. The style of this game is kind of like the Ultimates meet the Heroes TV show. I do like creativity, however when you PM me a character make sure it fits with the style I've chosen or I will be forced to deny your CS. Now, for the rules. No flamming, have a problem with somethingor someone? PM them. No god mode! Don't control someone else's character please, stick to your own. My word is law! And last but not least, OOC's to a minimum.

4. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    Here, my friends is the character sheet. Feel free, however, to add and subtract if you feel it would suit your character better!
    Public or Secret:
    Alias:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hair:
    Eyes:
    Skin:
    Description: (costume etc.)
    Powers/Abilities:
    Gadgets/Armor:
    Bio:

5. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    Public or Secret: Public
    Alias: N/A
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 200lbs
    Hair: Bald
    Eyes: Brown
    Skin: Dark
    Description: Wears a black shirt with grey slacks and black dress shoes
    Powers/Abilities: Mundane human
    Gadgets/Armor: Carries a .44 magnum and is the liason to the metahumans for the Initiative
    Bio: Sanders was in the United States Marine Corps for twenty years before being assigned to this position. He doesn't say one way or the other about how he feels about the Beachamp Act and does his job better than anyone. Most metahumans feel they can go to him for anything.

6. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    Public or Secret: Public
    Alias: N/A
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 200lbs
    Hair: Bald
    Eyes: Brown
    Skin: Dark
    Description: Wears a black shirt with grey slacks and black dress shoes
    Powers/Abilities: Mundane human
    Gadgets/Armor: Carries a .44 magnum and is the liason to the metahumans for the Initiative
    Bio: Sanders was in the United States Marine Corps for twenty years before being assigned to this position. He doesn't say one way or the other about how he feels about the Beachamp Act, and does his job better than anyone. Most metahumans feel they can go to him for anything.
    The above is a sample character, again feel free to modify the CS to suit your needs. PM me your CS to play!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.