Before Freedom in Bondage (2008 DDC; OC; Angst; Drama; Romance) update, 12/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. silverfighter Force Ghost

star 4
    ... and she smelled nice.

Always something important to remember. [face_laugh] What things will happen in the weeks he's away from Tatooine, I wonder?
  2. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm actually off Tatooine for the first time in my life!

That would be crazy. You know? All we can do is travel from country to country...and that feels weird enough! No wonder Meb's thoughts have gone to his closest memories of motherly comfort.

Looking forward to more! [face_dancing]
  3. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you. Perhaps Meb will make good memories with his father's wife.

I agree, it's not good for children to be estranged from their parents.

Thanks. :)

Well, yeah, smell is one of the main senses that bring back memories.

Ok, here's more. :D

Entry 17:

Well, we finally arrived on Garqi. She met us there at the spaceport. Tyma Windcaller. Undar's mother. By Garqi law, she's my mother, too, if not by blood. She's beautiful. She has light brown hair and green eyes... a little darker than Undar's... and she's taller than I expected.

When she first saw me, she came to stand in front of me. I didn't know what to say. I just stood there saying nothing, looking at her as she looked at me. I tried to smile... not sure what it looked like, but I know the corners of my mouth shook. That's when she suddenly embraced me. I felt her shaking, and I realized with shock that she was crying!

This was not what I expected at all.

I swallowed as I put my arms around her. I felt really awkward.

She pulled away from me when she stopped crying and apologized for being so emotional. "I've prayed for you ever since I heard about you... first thing in the morning when I got up I'd pray, the last thing I did before falling asleep at night I'd pray for your safety. I've waited so long to hold you... now I see you're so grown up, and probably won't need me." She caressed my cheek while she spoke.

I took her hands in mine. "You've been my guardian angel I didn't realize I had." I blushed as I realized my voice was shaking. "If it's alright, I think I'd like to get to know you more before I call you mother, though."

She smiled. She has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Asta's is close, but... when Mrs. Windcaller smiled at me, I felt... I can't tell you exactly what it is... excepted... loved... safe... and so much more. "That's fine, Meb. Come, let's go home."

Now we're at the Windcaller estate.

It's nice here, I hope she understands I can't call this home.

Not yet./>
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Lovely update with Meb and his mother. I am sure he will like her.
  5. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What a beautiful first meeting

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Garqi sounds like a wonderful woman. Meb is blessed she is his mother.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  6. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    earlybird-obi-wan and Kelia, thank you both.

Entry 18:

My first day on another planet has left me awestruck. Everything here on Garqi is so alive! I've never seen so many different trees, flowers... weeds, which looked like flowers to me... and grass. People had lawns outside the fronts of their houses which they watered. Now that felt the most shocking to me... to have water so freely used. They weren't even out there watering the lawns. They had hoses hooked up to their houses and attached to various types of sprinklers. Under and I were taking a walk, and he laughed when I yiped in surprise when one of the sprinklers squirted me... I hadn't been paying attention because I was looking up at a tree that had a bunch of angry squawking birds fussing at a squirrel. It was funny to watch, but then all of a sudden I was drenched.

I laughed too, then pushed him in the path of the next sprinkler. We wrestled each other good naturedly until we accidentally bumped into an elderly man who chided us in not so polite terms... I think he was a spacer, because the language was really rough.

Undar and I just apologized and moved on. We couldn't help but laugh afterwards and punch each other in the arm.

It's funny, I never dreamt I could be so happy./>
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Funny and looks the same funny things that happen to firefighters sometimes when exercising. Dropping your hose and such[face_laugh]

Lovely update
  8. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I never dreamt I could be so happy.

It's nice to see him being so happy and carefree.

Loved his reaction to the sprinkler.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  9. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks, it was fun to write.

Yes, after a life of being abused and working hard, it's good for him to be able to play.

Entry 19:

I can't believe I'm so tired tonight. I barely have the energy to write. All I did was hang out with Undar, playing games and walk around the city. While we were in the park, I wondered if it was the same park Master Ander's sister was kidnapped from. We tossed the ball around, and at one point, just for a lark, Undar picked up a stick and hit the ball back towards me instead of catching it and throwing it... but it soared way over my head and landed in a pond, scattering some ducks.

One of the ducks got revenge on Undar though... it flew over us and crapped on Undar's head.

I laughed so hard I almost fell over.

Tonight after dinner, I saw Mrs. Windcaller looking at a holocube. She looked up to see me and beckoned me over to her. When I sat next to her, she showed me the holopics. They were pictures of her and my father when they first met... they were younglings back then... up until they married and just before he left for Tatooine the for the last time.

She put her arm around me as she spoke about him. I put my head on her shoulder as she spoke. For the first time in my life, I felt totally safe, warm, and loved... I felt like I was someone's son. Tyma and Nev Windcaller's son.

As we were looking at the last picture, she looked so sad. I kissed her cheek and said, "Thanks for sharing this with me, mom."

She looked at me in surprise, then suddenly embraced me. Even though she was crying, she said she was very happy right now.

I'm glad I could put that smile on her face./>
  10. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Lovely Meb and Undar playing and that final part with his mother :*
  11. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awwww.....that was sooooo sweet!

Meb calling his mother mom...that must have just melted her heart

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

One of the ducks got revenge on Undar though... it flew over us and crapped on Undar's head.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now that I would have loved to have seen!!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  12. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, he's drawing closer to his blood relatives. :)

LOL yeah, Undar probably shrugged it off and laughed too... after he got the nasty stuff out of his hair.

Something tells me it's going to be hard for Meb to go back to Tatooine. [face_thinking]

Entry 20:

I was pretty sick the last couple days. The morning after Mrs.... I mean, mom... showed me the holostills, I woke up having trouble breathing. It really hurt... and I kept making wheezing sounds with ever breath I took. And I was all sweaty... I kept shivering even though I was told I had a fever.

Turns out it was pneumonia. My lungs weren't used to the more humid weather. I lived on Tatooine all my life, after all, and it was never humid there... even during the rain season.

I was hospitalized, and mom stayed by my bedside all that first day and night. Undar stayed too until mom made him go home. He came back the next morning though.

Can you believe he gave me a stuffed animal?

It was a fluffy, blue pittin with it's tail attached with a safety pin. He had it since he was a baby. He was blushing when he gave it to me like he was embarrassed.

The gesture really made me feel... It's hard to describe. I know we're brothers, and we were getting along great... but now I actually feel like we're brothers.

It's crazy, I know.

I don't have time to send PM's right now... I will later, I promise. :D/>/>
  13. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Lovely Undar giving one of his most prized possessions to Meb.

Yes they are brothers. and loved his mother sitting with him.

Great family Meb.[face_love]
  14. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Can you believe he gave me a stuffed animal?

Awwww....[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I love how Meb is starting to fee like a member of his family.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  15. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww... loving this story. Could you throw us on the PM list when you update?
  16. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, he is a very lucky young man to finally find his family.

Yes, he'll need that connection more than he knows.

I'm glad you're enjoying this, and yes, you are now on the PM list. :)

Entry 21:

I go back home tomorrow.

The thing is, I feel like I am home here with Undar and my mom.

Yet at the same time, I feel like Tatooine and Master Andar's estate is home, too!

I can't have two homes... can I? I'm more confused than ever. I want to go but I want to stay. I long to go back to Master Ander... and Asta, but the thought of leaving here makes me somehow miss Undar and my mother.

Does that make any sense?

What should I do?

I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight./>
  17. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    And he should be confused with so many nice people in his life.

Great update
  18. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Go back to Tatooine, Meb! Go back! Get the girl! You can always stay in contact with the others via holonet.

Great update. Waiting for more!

Draco.
  19. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awww...poor Meb!

Of course you can have two homes.

Just split your time between the two!

I hope he goes back to Tatooine, though. He's got some unfinished business with Asta.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  20. LordNyax113 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alexis, your knack for simple, yet poignant writing never ceases to amaze me. Keep up the great work! =D=
  21. LarsKronus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great writing! Enjoying it, may I be put on the pm list?
  22. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4

Well, the reverse can always be said as well, though long distance relationships can be hard to keep up.

Thanks. :)

Thanks, sometimes simplicity can be more expressive than flowery words.

[voice=Yoda] On the PM list, you are! [/voice] ;)

Well, I thought I was going to have time to update, but I found out I have to go somewhere, so I'll update later. :rolleyes: I love it when people tell me something at the last minute!
  23. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry it took so long to update, but here is an extra long entry for your patience :)

Entry 22:

Like I suspected, I had trouble sleeping last night. I'm afraid I kept undar awake with my tossing and turning. To my suprise, he wasn't angry. Instead, he asked me what was wrong. I told him I was nervous about going back to Tatooine, and he cocked his head to the side as he asked, "Aren't you happy to go back home?"

He looked at me like I was crazy when I told him, "Yes.. and no." Then I explained why... that I was beginning to think of here as home, too... and wasn't sure where I belonged, here with him and mom, or on Tatooine with Master Ander and Asta. He seemed to understand.

"Mom and I will miss you if you go. It's been great to finally get to know you." He laughed as he added, "It feels like we knew each other all along."

I agreed.

It's wierd. We were raised in such opposite ways. He had a normal family who took care of him and loved him. He never had to worry if he was going to be fed or be beaten just for someone's pleasure. I've been a slave all my life, and there were times I was beaten several times a day... especially by the owner I had before Master Ander. Yet, Undar and I share a connection... not just because we're brothers, but I suppose that's part of it... but we can read each other's moods like we've known each other all our lives.

At one point in our conversation, he looked uncomfortable and looked away from me. When I asked what was wrong, he wouldn't meet my eyes as he spoke. I had to ask him to speak up because I could barely hear him. "What was it like, being raised as a slave?"

I sat there, not saying a word until our eyes met. I knew then that he felt guilty that I had been a slave. I wanted to reassure him that it wasn't that bad... but it was. There were times I feared for my life. If Master Ander hadn't found me when he did, I probably would have either starved or been beaten to death by now and no one would have mourned the little slave boy. "Brutal," I spoke quietly. "I never got to play... not that I can remember anyway. I learned early on not to talk back. There were things I had to do that I know was wrong, but if I didn't do them I'd be beaten. Sometimes I was beaten just because my owner was in a bad mood." I didn't tell him the worst things, or go into the things I was forced to do. I don't think he needed to know. I'm sure he heard rumors of some of the things slaves went through.

"I..." he looked down at his hands then back up at me. "I'm so sorry."

I was suprised to see tears in his eyes. "Undar, it isn't your fault!"

"I know. It's just... I see that scar on your face... and think back to when I was little, and I was jealous that mom was spending so much time looking for you. I didn't understand..." He turned away from me, and I saw his shoulders shaking. I knew he was crying.

"Undar..."

"I was also jealous of you and Asta... I was glad you came here so you wouldn't be with her." He looked back at me with tears streaming down his face. "What kind of brother does that make me?"

That admission surprised me. I just sat looking at him with my mouth hanging open like some simpleton. I didn't know what to say. I kind of felt betrayed, yet, I understood how he felt.

And he was crying so hard.

I couldn't be angry at him. Not for loving Asta. Not for being jealous of her. Perhaps because those feelings so much mirrored my own.

Without saying anything, I reached out and put my hand on his back. I alternately pattend and rubbed, for a few moments before I said, "One who gives his favorite stuffed animal when his brother is sick."

He looked me in the eyes then, and laughed shakily before hugging me. I returned his embrace. When we pulled away, he laughed again when I yawned. "Yeah, we should get some rest. You have to be at the spaceport early, remember?"

"Yeah."

He went back to his bed and when we were both laying there in the dark, he whispered, "I love you, Meb. Good night/>
  24. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    How lucky can a slave boy be?

Not much luckier than you, I would venture.

I loved it. I'm glad Meb and Undar have made peace about their mutual feelings for Asta.

Please update soon!

Draco.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved it and worth the waiting. Nice to see Meb has two homes. And most of us have when you are leaving your parents home to settle on your own.

Great update and now Asta's part[face_thinking]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.