main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Freedom in Bondage (2008 DDC; OC; Angst; Drama; Romance) update, 12/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarsKronus

LarsKronus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Woot! Update! Really like how you portrayed the brother to brother thing, my own brother and I don't have it quite like that...*sigh* Great post!

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was an amazing conversation between Meb and Undar

I'm glad to see them growing so close

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks for your comments everyone.

[b]Entry 23:[/b]

I'm back home.

On Tatooine, that is.

Master Ander was so happy to see me that he hugged me really tight... he almost wound up breaking my ribs! I didn't mind. I was just as happy to see him. Yet, when he finally let me go, I looked around and felt puzzled and sad that Asta wasn't there. When I asked why she wasn't, Master Ander and Mrs. Ander... they never got a divorce... looked at each other, and I got a very bad feeling. "Is she okay? What's wrong?"

"She's alright, Meb." He placed a hand on my shoulder as he continued to speak and indicated his wife, "We just wanted to speak with you alone before we went home."

"Oh." I frowned. At first I was relieved that Asta was okay, but then I didn't know what was going on, and that bad feeling grew in the pit of my stomach. When I looked at Mrs. Ander, she didn't look very friendly. I swallowed nervously before saying, "Okay."

Master Ander took us to the restaurant that he brought me to meet Undar, and Uncle Glens to tell them who I was. Again, there was maddening small talk... actually, Master Ander had asked how I liked Garqi and the Windcaller estate, and I almost forgot why we were there at the restaurant as I was so enthusiastic... until we got our food. Mrs. Ander had taken a couple bites of her salad, then put down her knife and fork and looked at me.

It's disconcerting looking into eyes that are so much like Asta's only... I guess the best description is hostile. "Meb, you seem like a nice boy, but, I'm not sure I want you around Asta."

I blinked stupidly and then looked over at Master Ander. He looked like his face was frozen in mid chew, and he was looking very intently at the table's centerpiece. I swallowed as I looked back at her. All I could do was ask, "Why," though I had a suspicion I already knew.

I was right.

It turns out that Mrs. Ander was a social worker who counseled battered women... women who'd been beaten by their husbands or boyfriends. She spoke quietly but, there was an angry fire in her voice and eyes as she described how one of her patients was killed one day by her husband just one week after she'd taken him back. "He had apologized profusely, and she gave him one more chance, and wound up dead." She pursed her lips as she looked at me. "I know you've had a rough life, Meb, and I'm glad you have a chance to turn your life around. However, you have alot of anger in you, and I won't let my daughter be a punching bag for you to let that anger out on."

I sat there quietly for a long time looking into her eyes. I found I couldn't look away... kinda like a dessert mouse in the gaze of a sand panther. I didn't know what Master Ander was thinking right then... he had spoken to me about this back when I'd struck Asta (was it really only three weeks ago?), and he seemed satisfied with working with me about my anger problem. He trusts me... at least he did. He sat there quietly... I could see him from the corner of my eye, just waiting for my response. At the time, I thought perhaps he may have changed his mind. Finally, I spoke. "I don't blame you, ma'am. When I hit Asta, it took me by surprise... I mean, I'd never hit [i]anyone[/i] before... I was always the one being hit. I-i..." I stopped, because as I spoke, I saw in my mind Asta laying on the floor, her nose bleeding. Shaking my head, I continued. "I don't have an excuse for what I did. It was wrong. I know that. I... I rather be a slave again than hurt Asta." My voice broke, and that's when I realized I was crying. I got up from the table and apologized before running out of the restaurant.

I'd only taken a couple steps outside when I tripped and fell... not sure what I tripped on, because I couldn't see with how hard I was crying. Instead of getting up, I just curled into a ball and kept weeping like a baby. I felt someone stroking my hair. I thought at first it was Master Ander who had come out to comfort me. But when I sat up, I saw it was Mrs. Ander. My tears k

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely Meb, to have such caring friends and being together with Asta yippee[face_dancing][face_love]

5. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, that had me worried for a moment. Yet another person trying to take care of Meb. He has to be the luckiest person in the galaxy.

And Asta's back! Yay! [face_dancing]

6. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    That's so sweet! *hugs Meb* Thanks for updating!

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I hope Mrs Ander is truly willing to help Meb learn to deal with his anger without hitting anyone.

I can't blame her for her concern but I am impressed she is willing to try and help him.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, it is good that Meb has people he can count on. :)

For now he feels he's the luckiest person in the galaxy... for now.

Thank you for reading. :)

In spite of their separation, Mr. and Mrs. Ander are both very caring people who go out of their way to help others. Their compassion is the one thing that brought them together.

[b]Entry 24[/b]

It's very early morning, and I can't get back to sleep.

Asta came to my room a while ago. She was wearing this nightie that dipped down to reveal... well, it was very revealing, and it showed all of her legs... and she put her arms around me and kissed me. I thought she felt good when she hugged me yesterday afternoon... Now she felt... [i]incredible[/i].

I almost... I came very close to breaking my promise to Master Ander.

We were on the bed even...

But I pulled away. It was [i]the[/i] hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life!

Especially, when she pouted and asked, "Don't you want me?"

Oh gods above, below and anywhere in between, YES I want her!

She looked so sad when she left my room. I hope she understands why I have to keep my word to her father. I mean, we're young, right? We have plenty of time to do... [i]that.[/i]

What makes it worse is I can now hear Master Ander and his wife across the hall even as I write this... and I don't dare waste the water to take another cold shower.

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm very impressed Meb was able to resist Asta

I love his determination not to break his promise

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    He doesn't want to waste the water on a cold shower. What about the rest of us?

I'm very impressed with Meb for resisting her. I didn't quite expect that from Asta, and I suppose we'll be hearing from her parents in the next post.

Great update!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great Meb resisting Asta.
    What will the next update bring?[face_thinking]

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    If Asta is persistent, I don't think he'll be able to keep resisting. He is, after all, a teenaged boy. [face_laugh]

Mr. and Mrs. Ander are... um... preoccupied with... um... each other. ;)

The answer to your question awaits you beyond this point. [face_batting]

[b]Entry 25:[/b]

Asta wouldn't look at or speak to me at breakfast this morning. I thought she was still upset with me. To tell you the truth, this made me a bit angry as well. It just wasn't fair. I did the right thing. I resented Asta being angry at me for it. So, of course I had to go work out in the weight room after breakfast.

I was in the middle of one set when I somehow knew she was watching. I know that sounds wierd. I don't understand it myself. Have you ever gotten the feeling you were being watched and turned around to see someone either staring at you or kind of studiously [i]not[/i] look your way? Well, when Asta is watching me, I feel that plus something else I cannot explain... it's like a warm, tingling sensation inside... like our souls are touching.

You probably think I'm crazy. Perhaps I am. Who cares? I like this feeling I have with Asta!

Anyway, I put down the weights, sat up and looked around, and there she was. She was standing in the doorway, looking down at the floor. I suddenly realized she wasn't angry at me. She was embarrassed. I got up and walked over to her. I'm sorry to say I said something lame. "Hi."

I was surprised when she hugged me so tight and started crying. I felt a bit lost. All I could do was hold her and tell her I love her and always will. Thank the stars she finally stopped crying! As much as I enjoy holding her, I hate to see her cry. It makes me feel so helpless. She then told me that she understood why I didn't make love to her last night.

We talked a little more about that then started kissing. I had to pull away from her, and I said, "If we keep this up, I won't be able to say no any more."

We both blushed and giggled.

It feels good now that we understand each other... and respect each other.

Mark my words, in a few years, Asta and I will get married. If how I react to her now keeps up as long as it appears it has for Master and Mrs. Ander... and I have no doubt it will... then we're gonna have a record amount of children.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love and a marriage, yessss[face_love] That's it Meb.

Lovely update seeing him again.

14. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Why do I get a feeling you're not going to make things so simple for Meb? This is the GFFA after all; nothing is ever as simple as this.

Loved the update. I understand where Meb's coming from; girls are confusing.

Great job!

Draco.

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It feels good now that we understand each other... and respect each other.

I'm so happy to see Meb and Asta come to that understanding.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

A record amount of children, huh?

We'll have to see what Asta has to say about that :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you. :)

We can only hope things would be so simple... in RL or in the GFFA. ;)

LOL yeah, we shall see what she has to say.

[b]Entry 26:[/b]

Wow, it's been awhile since I wrote here. I've been studying extra hard lately. You see, I've enrolled in classes at the university on Garqi. Master Ander suggested I look into taking business courses, and when I asked my mom about it, she sent me information on the university. I made it in, but I've been studying extra hard so I won't look stupid in front of the other students who've been going to school since they were younglings.

I'll be staying at a dorm there, but I'll be able to visit my family... also, I may be able to visit Asta ever once in awhile, as she'll be in the same system, going to the university on Minashee.

I leave in three weeks, but Asta leaves in two. I miss her already.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes go for it Meb and take your studies seriously. Lovely to see him already missing Asta.

18. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, things are beginning to look up. I'm still on the alert for something going wrong (as previously said, this is the GFFA and nothing ever goes according to plan here). I hope all goes well at the university... although, with Asta only a short trip away, I can imagine Meb will be quite... distracted.

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    How wonderful Meb is being given the opportunity to go to school!

I'm sure what he learns there will benefit him and Asta in the future.

I hope he squeezes in a little time for enjoyment before leaving.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I don't think we have to worry about Meb not taking his studies seriously. He'll miss her more once she's left.

[face_mischief]

Yes, that's the point of higher education: to benefit one's future ;)

[b]Entry 27:[/b]

Asta and Mrs. Ander left for Minashee this morning. I tried to stay upbeat for her... but, I just can't shake this feeling that it's going to be a [i]very[/i] long time before we see each other again.

21. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    This is so sweet! Can you put me on the PM list, please?

I knew because of some things I was forced to do with my last master. Life as a slave sucks.

Ew. Poor Meb!

I like how despite all the things Meb has gone through, he still has retained the usual teenage innocence and awkwardness. He's such a sweetie pie!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes Meb, studying but she will come back;)

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I just can't shake this feeling that it's going to be a very long time before we see each other again.

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

At least he was able to stay positive for her.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks for reading. Yes, you'll be put on the PM list, but I must warn you, this diary will be coming to a close at the end of this year.

We can only hope. [face_mischief]

Thank you :D

[b]Entry 28:[/b]

Well, I leave for Garqi tomorrow. I have two feelings that are fighting for dominance right now...

I'm excited. I'm looking forward to learning more. It's funny, the more knowledge I gain, the more I thirst for it! It's like I took a sip of water, then discovered an ocean beaconing me to dive in. When Master Ander first started making me study, I was so confused. I mean, what person in their right mind gives their slaves an education? I owe him so much. Not just for freeing me, but for everything else he's done for me. When I told him this, he said I didn't owe him anything, but wanted me to take over his business when he retired.

I'm also nervous. I don't want to let down Master Ander. Though I know Nev Windcaller is my father, it's Master Ander who I look to. He is the man I want to be when I grow up.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Just work hard Meb, study and become the man you want to be.

Nice update and will he continue his diary next year?[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.