main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Freedom in Flight...Any Max Ride fans out there?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Twin_Saber, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Hey, just decided to drop in here and take a look around when I noticed that there don't seem to be any Maximum Ride threads at the moment...So I decided to make one and see how popular it is here on tf.n...Please reply if you like MR!

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I haven't read any, but I heard that they're good.

3. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    They really are, I highly recommend them!

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    They're all right. Max and her companions have distinct personalities and are quite fun to read, but you can see the twists coming from a long way and the bad guys are way too stereotypical.

However, I haven't read the third so there might be a shocker coming that I haven't been expecting. I figure I'll pick it up when it comes out in paperback.

I personally prefer the 'adult' book, When The Wind Blows.

5. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    The third one has several unexpected twists...And I find it very hard to believe that you saw Ari being brought back from the dead...Just me personally...And I've never really thought about picking up that adult series...

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

6. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    The adult book is good as is its sequel The Lake House. I think my favorite thing about the Maximum Ride series was Max's sarcastic streak. There were times where I literally had to lol due to a smart remark on her part. I didn't think the third book was as good as it's predecessors (the blog inclusion just didn't sit right with me, the villains seemed too cartoony, and some of the revelations seemed too contrived for my tastes) but all in all it was a fun read and seeing as how it's a young adult book, I think it's pretty good.

7. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Yeah, Max's sarcasm is hilarious...And I guess the whole blog thing was a little chesy...But I thought the Mom twists were pretty good...But I knew that Batchelder was her Dad before I even finished the first book...

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

8. lightning-girl

lightning-girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    I LOVE MAX RIDE!!!! *holds Fang hostage*
    The whole bring people back from the dead is an entirely overused plot, I've read it in at least seven books now. Tamora Pierce has some strange fascination with it.
    But still I've been following Max since the first book, my mom bought it for me, and we got the other two the day they became available but I haven't had a chance to read the third one yet between moving going to camps and getting my summer reading done, now I've got school and Marching Band.

9. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    *grabs Fang and gives him back to Max* She may be confused about how she feels but they definitley belong together...Which Tamora Pierce books have you read? I'm currently re-reading Realms of the gods...And i've been trying to track down the Song of the Lioness quartet...

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

PS: Why are they always musically inclined...My two MR friends from school are a Bando and a Choir kid...Does choir have a nickname?

10. lightning-girl

lightning-girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    I've read almost all of her books, I haven't read the new book about vampires nor have I read IN THE REALM OF THE GODS but yeah, other then that I've read them all. As to the musically inclined MR fans...no idea, my mom's the only other MR fan I knew of until last week, she played the piano and clarinet, I play the clarinet too and so does my sister, and all my other friends play some musical instrument or did so I can't really answer that.

11. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I have the first two books...haven't gotten to read the second one yet but I will once school calms down(If I never see Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance again, it will be too soon :p).

Is the third book the last one?

12. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Nope he's writing a fourth!!! You should check out the blog...It's great!!

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Do you have a link?

14. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Go to maximumride.com and theres a link to the blog there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.