Freedom to Love (What if Obi-Wan was the same age as Amidala in TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Marie D Padawannabe, Feb 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Knight

star 1

Wellll, it seems that this thread has aquired
    some posties that were not written by me. SIGH.
    I want to continue this, but is there still
    interest?

Otherwise, this is just a post to maybe persuade
    the admin to please REMOVE the posts I did not
    write from this story. Thanks.

marie
  2. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I am very interested in you continueing this!!!!!

I have only just discovered this thread and am loving it. Young Obi-Wan stories are my favorite and I like the idea of him being younger during TPM. Please please don't let this thread die!!!!!!
  3. PrincessV Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm loving this story! But what's happened to it? Please continue! It's been almost 2 months since anyone's posted anything. Please don't let this die!
  4. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Knight

star 1

Hello all...

Funny that my thread gets back up the same time I get to FINALLY think about posting on them again. I have had issues, and feel completely awful about not keeping up with this. (and some others). Give me a few days to get my brain back on track, and I will have something for you, okay?

6. PrincessV Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    It has been a few days, how's the brain doing?!?!
  8. Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Knight

star 1

I'm here! *waves* It's so hard to pick up after so long, but here goes nothin.

Coming in for a rather smooth landing, Qui-Gon's face reflected a look of complete calm. Despite the awful injustices going on around him, his job was to remain neutral and offer any assistance as needed. He was concerned for Obi-Wan though; The boy was sure to face countless obstacles on the planet of Naboo. The fact that his Padawan had been dreaming of the planet's young Queen didn't help either; She could pose quite a distraction to a young boy and his hormones.

Obi-Wan was standing beside him as always, ready to take on whatever lie ahead. At times, Qui-Gon wondered how the boy managed to be so brave. So unafraid to take on anything. Although a trait that could come back to haunt the boy -and had-, it was also very admirable. **He will be a fine Jedi, Obi-Wan**.

They were greeted by a cluster of aides, all stern-faced and somber. Qui-Gon bowed in greeting "Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and this is my Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

A dark-skinned man stepped forward. "The Queen is thankful for your arriving so soon. She will see us shortly. Please, this way."

Obi-Wan looked up at Qui-Gon. "They are frightened."

"Yes, I sense this too. Come, we must remain alert, Padawan."

"Yes, Master."

They followed the man into the Palace Throne Room, where they were to await an audience with the Queen. Obi-Wan couldn't help but feel a bit nervous; It was one thing to dream about someone, another to see them in person. He knew that she had no idea she was a frequent guest in his dreams, and had no intention of *ever* mentioning it. It was better to just forget, and complete the mission as planned.

A gaggle of brightly-clad young women arrived then, followed by the Queen herself. Dressed in a brilliant crimson gown, and an elaborate head dress, she was the epitome of regality. After taking her position on the throne, she beckoned them forward. "My people thank you, I thank you."
    She began, her voice hard and practiced.

"The blockade can only mean one thing, Your Highness: invasion." The dark-skinned man said. He looked to the Jedi. "We must get the Queen to safety-"

"They would not harm her, they need her to sign that treaty-" An eldery man countered.

Qui-Gon studied the emotions surrounding them. Although what the second man had said was true, his first thought had been to bring the Queen and her aides to safety. "I must agree with your security advisor, Your Highness. If an invasion were to occur, you would be targeted needlessly. Treaty or no treaty, my feelings tell me that they would destroy you."

Obi-Wan could feel the fear and helplessness that the Queen was radiating, yet her expression never wavered. "I will remain with my people. My fate will be no different than theirs." She stated, leaving little room for argument.

He knew that Qui-Gon would respect her wishes, but would also protect her at any cost. In other words, he would take her screaming and yelling, if he had to. A loud rumble from the streets below diverted their attention for the time being. Raching out, Obi-Wan felt the dark, ominous presence of the blockade surrounding them.

Invasion.

His senses went to full alert, as he looked to his Master. "We must act quickly, Master."

Qui-Gon nodded, "Have you a ship, Your Highness?"

Startled, Amidala nodded. "Yes, in the main hangar. Quickly, this way!" She picked up the mountains of red fabric around her and took off at a full-run. Obi-Wan followed, hoping they had enough time. Racing around corridor after cooridor, he began to think that perhaps they would never get there, when suddenly, there they were.

A large, polished ship sat before them, Surrounded by a small army of droids. Stopping right behind the Queen, he immediately ignited his lightsaber. "Stay here, we'll handle this." He lunged forward, seeing Qui-Gon do the same, on the opposite end.

They spun, deflecting blaster shots, and slicing the droids into pieces. After more than five minutes, all that remained was a rath
  9. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! You finally posted!!!!! It was very good.
  10. Latara Jedi Knight

star 1
    Woo-hoo, a post! MORE
  11. PrincessV Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yea, you finally posted! That was good! More please!!
  12. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thrilled to see you post, and it did not suck at all! Loved they way Obi-Wan was showing off and that the Amidala was to worried to even notice, kinda funny.

I sure hope we don't have to wait as long for another update!
  13. PrincessV Jedi Knight

star 1
  14. JediRogue9 Jedi Master

star 3
    This is superb!!!!

I really like it as I am one of the very few Ami/Obi fans in this whole forum.

Please post more soon!
  15. Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Knight

star 1

Wow! Thanks guys! I am going to try and post more often here, I promise!

As the Queen's ship rocketed through space, it became apparent that they wouldn't be able to escape unscathed. The R2 unit sent to fix the shields had done so, but they were now leaking from the hyperdrive engines. Qui-Gon paced the bridge, mentally searching for a place to land.

"Here, Master. Tatooine!" Obi-Wan's voice broke him from his reverie. Yes, Tatooine would be perfect. Even with seven teenagers onboard. "It's remote, and unoccupied by the Federation." He confrimed, recalling what he knew of the small, outer-rim planet. Ruled by Hutts, Tatooine was a haven for thugs and crime. It was also the perfect place to pick up a replacement engine.

"Master? Should we inform the Queen?" Qui-Gon fought back his smile at Obi-Wan's eagerness to see the young Queen.

"Inform me of what?"

Both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon turned around to face Amidala. Standing tall, surrounded by two of her handmaidens, she was awaiting their reply. "We will need to land, Your Highness. There is a remote planet, Tatooine, where we can come by the parts we need." Qui-Gon explained, feeling the unease radiating from the girl.

She looked from Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan, finally nodding. "Very well. I will be in my quarters, should you need me." She turned on her heels, heading back out of the room. Qui-Gon nudged Obi-Wan, whose mouth was still open. "You must keep your focus, Obi-Wan."

With a shake, Obi-Wan smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry, Master. She just-"

"If you were both different people, perhaps. But, Padawan, we need to keep our minds on the here and now." The stern tone of his voice was the one he knew Obi-Wan would recognize as the one not to argue with.

"Yes, Master." He replied, grudgingly. Before them, the stars spun past in a haze of silver and black. It wasn't that Qui-Gon wasn't right, it was just that he wanted...he wanted just to talk to her. Although, he had to admit, he was a bit nervous of approaching her when she was surrounded by all those girls. He only hoped they were the type who didn't giggle; Simpering girls were *not* high on his list of turn-ons.

//Turn-ons, Padawan?//

//Master!//

//What did I tell you, Obi-Wan?//

Ah, Qui-Gon was going to see to the death of his social-life even before it began! //Yes, Master.// Walking behind the bridge, he took a seat and decided to meditate. It was going to be a long way to Tatooine.

I know it was short, I'm sorry! Next post, Obi-Wan and Ami actually *talk*. Yes, to each other! LOL
  16. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah... teenage hormones on the rampage!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!
  17. Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Knight

star 1

Thanks, Kelly!

The ship was eerily quiet when Obi-Wan came out of meditation. Qui-Gon was asleep on the small sleeping couch, and he wondered just how long he'd been meditating. //The more I think of her, the longer I may *need* to meditate!// Smiling, he got up and decided to take a walk.

For a small planet, Naboo certainly provided their Royalty with the best money could buy, he mused. The Queen's ship had been outfited to accomodate 115 people, and ten droids. Impressive. As he walked along the darkened hallways, he thought again of the girl. It was an enormous responsibility, ruling a planet. He had thought, at one time, that he had it in him to do it, but Melida/Daan showed him otherwise.

A fine Jedi he may be, but a planetary leader he was not.

Qui-Gon's words about keeping his focus played over and over like a skipped holorecord in his mind. Had he lost his focus back on Melida/Daan? Most certainly. He gave up everything for a cause that was not his own. Partly, although it pained him to admit it, for a girl. For Cerasi. He could see the warning signs flashing now, when he thought of the Queen.

And yet...

"No, I must obey my Master." He muttered, taking a seat. The stars sailed behind him, unaware of his plight.

"Do Jedi always talk to themselves?"

Startled, Obi-Wan turned to face Amidala. His mouth opened a few times, before he found his voice. "Uh, no. I was just-"

She smiled, weakening his knees in the process.
    "Talking to yourself?" She took a seat beside him. "I have to admit I'm guilty of it sometimes as well."

The silence stretched for a painful moment, and he used everything he had to *not* think about how incredible she smelled. "Couldn't sleep?" He managed at last.

She nodded, picking invisible lint from her robe. "Too much going on in my mind tonight. Sleep is being ever elusive."

He could sense her exhaustion; it was buried deep beneath confusion, fear and anxiety. She looked so small, without all of the regality her position required. She looked fourteen. "We should arrive on Tatooine by morning. At least there we will be safe."

Her eyes got a mischievious look to them as she replied. "Whose to worry with two strong Jedi on board?"

Obi-Wan swallowed. Hard. //She killing me here!// He boasted his chest out, raising one fisted hand to it. "You have my word as a Jedi, Your Highness."

Amidala waved him off. "I'll let you in on a little secret..."

"Obi-Wan."

"Obi-Wan, please call me Padmé. This will make more sense to you as time goes on, but for now...it's a name only to be used between us in times like this."

//Times like this...*times*, that's more than one!// He shook his head, a bit confused. "Very well then, Padmé." He took her hand, and stood up. "As much as I would love to talk with you until we arrive, my Master would have my head. So, until we meet again." He bowed, placing a kiss on her hand.

He saw her blush, and duck her head. //Great, now I've made a fool of myself!// "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Smiling, she looked up once more. "Quite a charmer, aren't you?" The teasing lilt in her voice made his heart start beating once again. "Goodnight, Obi-Wan."

"Goodnight, Padmé." He watched as she stood in the doorway for a moment, watching the stars. Standing there, in her dark, crimson robe, her soft, brown hair cascading around her shoulders, she was amazing. She smiled once more and gave him a small wave before dissapearing into the darkness of the hallway. Sitting back down, he knew he was a goner.

He also knew that Qui-Gon was going to kill him when he got back to his room. //Force help me!//

whaddaya think? :)
  18. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Very good Marie. I'm glad to see this story being resumed once again.
  19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
  20. PrincessV Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ooh, really good! More soon? UP!
  21. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Latara Jedi Knight

star 1
  23. Valiowk Chosen One

star 6
    More please...

And maybe the interruption in between was caused by the shift to Snowboard and not someone purposely interrupting halfway, it sure makes more sense that way.
  24. Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Knight

star 1

Okay, I have a post ready to go, but it will have to wait until I get home. So, sometime tonight...is that okay with y'all? :)

25. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.