main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Freefall 1&2 the morning after the wedding. (A&P,) Author Announce re Obi-Wan's tale 1 September

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    But of course! I tend to be a bit late, but usually make it in eventually!

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Padme's tale is on its way....
    Stay tuned...

3. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Part 2 up tomorw...

Teaser...

You??

[face_love]

CLIPPED!!

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    With many thanks to Geo3 for tying my shoes and combing my hair...

Freefall 2,

Padmé

?Goodnight, husband?? She'd spoken the words not even knowing if he had heard her. Padmé placed her finger to his lips and he kissed it almost reflexively, most likely in his sleep, but she had to be sure...

?Ani?? She asked quietly, half hoping that he wouldn?t reply. He was emotionally and physically exhausted, and no matter what he had claimed the night before; the fact that he had taken the pain medication (with wine no less) in the middle of the night spoke volumes.

?Ani?Anakin,? she whispered once more, stoking the side of his head tenderly. Just as she was about to settle back down he gave a half-whimper, half-sigh and rolled on to his left side. His mechanical arm shifted and landed lightly on her hip and Padmé gave an involuntary shudder.

He had kept it hidden for the most part and even in their most intimate moments of the night before, neither had actually given it much thought. Now, here in the aftermath at the true beginning of their life together, she could begin her own acceptance of this? this new part of the man she loved. They were both uncovered, the ?hand? was meeting bare flesh and was surprisingly warm to the touch. Still she shivered again. The memory of being in the Healers? ward and their brief discussion of this mechanical replacement burned in her memory, crying out to be addressed.

Anakin had been alternately horrified and fascinated by it. Carefully keeping his shoulder and lower arm covered, he had flexed and contracted the fingers. At last, and very reluctantly, he had allowed Padmé to take his hand in his own, watching her face for any sign of disapproval. Ever so carefully, she had taken his hand in her own and her eyes filled with love and compassion, met his.

?Gods?? he had gasped. ?I can feel you??

?Feel me??

?The warmth? the sensation of touch? You??

Before things could progress any farther, one of the healers had quietly informed them that Anakin was due for his therapeutic rehabilitation session and Padmé had reluctantly taken her leave. After that they had not spent any real time alone together until their journey back to Naboo and they had carefully avoided the subject in any real depth. Now; however, with Anakin deeply asleep beside her, she could examine her beloved; appreciate him, if you will, yet at the same time grieve for what was lost.

She shifted a little closer and he sighed again. He drew his arm up higher now so it rested comfortably across her waist, but this time she didn?t flinch. Instead her eyes followed a path that started at the tips of is fingers and worked its way up his arm. It was oddly skeletal, yet alive. Illuminated wires and circuits ran from the middle of the fingers all the way to the stump of his shoulder.

Gods, his shoulder! His arm had originally been taken just above the elbow, yet in order to accommodate the new mechanical prosthetic most of the remainder of his arm had been removed. At the place where flesh met machinery there was a band of metal, a barrier to separate the clean robotics from the sickly, all too frail human. His shoulder, what remained of it; was a sunset of bruises that continued down his entire left side. Although their vibrancy and intensity had obviously been far, far worse, the sight of them broke her heart a little. He had suffered and lost so much in the brief time that they had been together. She was determined to make this a new and joyous start for the both of them.

Snuggling closer to him, she realized that they HAD made a fresh start? together. As husband and wife, they had shared the mutual joy of expressing physical love for the first time last night. The first time. For both of them.

Once the decision had been made to formalize their commitment, she had tried to disguise her nervousness (to be truthful, outright fear

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Very sweet post, DB. [face_love] ;)

I very much like your take on Anakin's and Padme's reaction to his new mechanical arm. If he can feel her, and she perceives it as alive, then it seems they can become accustomed to it over time.

And, at least in this moment, they can enjoy simply being together.

:D

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I really enjoyed your internal thoughts of Padme and her worrying about Anakin's pain, and even admitting that she's a bit uncertain of his metal arm. That little bit of doubt makes it more realistic I think.

Lovely little chappy. [face_love]

7. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Beautifully written, DB. In my tales, I always have to debate with myself whether it was their "first time." But it's nice that you wrote it that way.

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello everyone!

I sincerly ope more people stop by for part two... writers insecurity you know! :p

Lex

Yes.. 'percieves it to be alive'...creepy huh? ;)

PLJ

Thank you.. I can see her putting on a 'brave face' at first until she can start comming to terms with it... as does Anakin.

stacysatrip

Maybe its the romantic in me that wanted their 'first act of love' to be the first time for both... it just felt right...
    (Considering how awkward that first real kiss was and how enamored he was with her... I'd say Ani was as pure as the driven snow.... with Padme, it was a matter of "when would she really have time?")

[face_love]

9. anakin_girls_cat

anakin_girls_cat Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    Good story, DB. I'm licking off a_g's tears right now. :)

10. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    That was perfect! Wonderfully written! :D

The thoughts and reactions really fit their characters well.

Very nice!

11. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    DB..that was just beautiful. You made their first union just perfect. I loved the line from his mother. I feel all warm and mushy and can picture them. I especially liked your writing of her reaction to his artificial limb and how she did observe it while he slept. I hope you plan to continue this vein..it is happiness needed in these times of strife!

12. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Padmé's feelings about Anakin's mechanical arm were interesting and quite realistic. Very sweet story; too bad it's not like this for them forever.

--MissPadme

13. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Beatiful fics, DB. You perfectly capture the happiness in Padme and Anakin in their first night together in this fic; it really is one of the sweetest things I've ever read. :)

Great job, breezy!

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hi everybody

*chorus of Hi Darth Breezy!

I will reply to everyone in a day or so...
    I JUSt got home from work and feel quite possible more pooped than Anakin... :p

There's ONE more tale to be told in this trio... Soon enough....

[face_love]

15. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    <Slinks in with head bowed> So sorry I haven't commented yet. [face_ashamed]

Lovely mush DB! [face_love] And the most unladylike grunt from Padme... [face_laugh] I also have to add to what others said, I can see Ani not wanting to give up control.

the Naboo sky was full of stars. When he had been a child, he had told anyone who would listen that one day he would visit ?every one of them.? Ironically, as a Jedi Padawan under Obi-Wan he had visited many of them but now as an adult, it no longer held the allure it once had. Now, on the cusp of war and separation and adventure, he only wanted peace, and stability, and Padmé.

Ani recalling his childhood wish of seeing all the stars someday, makes me think of Luke. Like father, like son... But now that he has Padme, he's content. All he wants is for it to all be over so he can be with her in peace.

Your descriptions of Ani's new arm and the reactions that they both had to it were very well done and quite realistic. I can really see both of them reacting the way they did. And of course, as always... fantastic mush! [face_love]

Well done, DB, well done! :)

And another one?!...Very cool! :D

16. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oh this was wonderful. thank you so much for the note letting me know where to find it!

I really love the way you express their thoughts, calm, yet so intense without being trite and gooey.

you have such an excellent way with emotions.

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    DB hands out Qui-gon brownies to those who admit to being here... fans them to hopefully lure out any lurkers....

AG's cat

Nice saucer of milk to go with those tears...

aninonymous

I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

Quingark

I'd like to do more 'inbetween times' for them... Not all of their relationship was doom and gloom!!

MissPadme

Yes.. not for ever but a least here and there...

Sophita

Wow, thank you!!

APF

Better late then never huh? :p

Like father, like son...

Yes... very much so....

PaddyJuan

Thanks! Sometimes it's hard to walk that fine line....

For lurkers... Hurry, these Brownies will last as long as a batch of fresh Cripsy Creams Donughts in a Star Wars anonomous meeting!!!

[face_love]

18. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Sorry about my tardiness! But, I'm here........now.........
    Excellent, heartbreaking portion. Padme alone with her thoughts - so realistic - her reaction to Ani's involuntary touching her with his mechanical hand. Very chilling and in the end as all your work, extremely romantic!

19. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    I loved this story. The way that you described Anakin and Padmé's thoughts and emotions was excellent.

20. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Putting this on the front page where it deserves to be...and Tom thanks you for the saucer of milk...he loves milk. :)

21. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Very nice. I liked Ani's remark about a slave's body being the only thing he owns. That is very touching.

22. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Hello, everyone. I asked anakin_girl to recommend some good A/P fanfiction, and one of her suggestions was DarthBreezy's fic in The Saga section. So I went there and this story was on the first page, conveniently enough.

I didn't get around to reading the latest part until today, but it was really beautiful. Very sweet and poignant. Great stuff! :)

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Glad you found it, Shelley. She's got some other good ones too--"The Rocker Chair," "Bed Blanket Lawn Party," "Anakin on Fatherhood" (in the Classic Fanfic section), "Falls the Shadow," "Come Undone."

Giving this a well-deserved up...

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey everyone.. sorry about that.. got a bit 'sidetracked' by events that were out on my control...

FAB!

Thank you! Oddly, Padme' was easier to write than Anakin for this one...

aotc02

I adnit it was an interesting self challange... their different takes on the same situation.

AG

Ta for the Up, Scritch Tom behind the ears for me.

Dally

Thanks... I wanted to give Anakin a certain.... It's hard to explain but I'm sure you understand.

Shelly

Welcome!! I'm glad you liked it! I hope you'll find more (and thank you AG, for the adverisment. The links are in my profile for them).

OK everyone, I KNOW I promised that Obi-Wan was next and he still is! I just have some important buisness that cropped up that needs my attention. (Wensday night, Good friend: "Hey DB, I heard your Roomate is moving out?"

Me: "Wha-huh? This is news..." Calls soon to be ex roomate for conformation after an Apartment calls asking for more info. *DB starts scrambling to get her new place in order post haste* Some people just give you hugs looking for a place to plunge the knife.)

I'm going on vacation (thank GOD it was already paid for) this week and then I have moving preps... Obi-wan WILL get his two shakes... I promise, and No... he's not a prat either... Look for it as early as Mid May.

Much Love to you,
    DB

[face_love]

25. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002

Very nice contrasting posts between Anakin and Padme. You really do have a feel for their characters and what drives them! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.