main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Freemaker Adventures - LEGO TV Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Feb 11, 2016.

1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    You have to admit, From Trenches To Wrenches is an imaginatively titled autobiography. :p

(Yes, I like Roger. :D).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    looks like today's episode has the freemakers encountering Luke and Leia. i'm sure Rowan is going to go gaga over luke being a jedi and him having a saber.

3. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I must say it is better than expected, quite enjoyable and definitely better than previous lego shows. Tho I still want a proper star wars tv show meant for adults!

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That's not going to happen anytime soon at all.

5. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016

Star Wars is fundamentally an action packed Sci-Fi drama, with a simple good v evil narrative. I never understand the reasoning to make an " adult SW show", its space battles and laser sword fights that make it, stuff that fundamentally appeals to younger audiences but something everyone can enjoy.

Trying to make something Shakespearean or even some adult re-imagining of that is weird, i suppose Rouge One is the closest thing you'll get to proper SW adult content and even that apparently is getting re-shoots to appeal to younger audiences more.

Although you can always read the books i suppose.

Pretendalorian likes this.
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Interesting revelation regarding the difference between the force users!
    Looks like someone has good reason to suspect somethings very wrong!

7. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

I disagree, have you ever played KotOR 2? Something along those lines made into an actual tv show... one can dream.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think eventually every angle will be explored in star wars. Its such a lucrative property now that anything is possible. We just have to suspend prior disbelief and be patient.

9. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd say base it on both of them would be ever better!
    Aren't they re-mastering those games currently?

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So here's a cool tidbit from Celebration- the show's score is actually performed by a full orchestra. Another cool tidbit- the show is a total collaboration between LEGO and LucasFilm. One example is Doug Chiang designing Graballa the Hutt's ship, among other things.

Also to no one's surprise, Matt Wood revealed that it was George's initial idea to make the droids dimwitted when working on TCW.

They also hinted that it's possible the Ghost crew could show up at some point.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean anything is possible seeing as its not Canon.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I like the term they used- "canon-adjacent".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the show isn't canon but characters, events and elements from it could be canon- like TFA Lego shorts, they happened, just not exactly the way they're depicted.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying this series. It's way better than I had expected. They've done some very inventive action sequences that best out much of the stuff on Rebels. They've also handled the characters and their development very well, even if things are being viewed through a comedic lens.

Gudenruben2 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I have got to say the character of Naare is really growing on me, her sub-plot involving Rowan is interesting and i'm intrigued to see where the writers will take it. The latest episode really showed what the animators could do with a force-wilder and that little Sith face thing she does is a pretty neat piece of animation.

[​IMG]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, this show is better than Rebels hands down.

16. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016

I mean i wouldn't say that. But then i don't want to get into a long debate right now so i'll just leave here. [face_plain]

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'd rather have a comedic cartoon that is silly and does it well than a cartoon that tries to be serious but fails utterly.

18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean, it's hard to compare the two. But there's no doubt Freemaker Adventures is a really good show. The visuals and animation are top notch, the characters are enjoyable, and it plays with the universe really well. In that last regard I'd almost argue it's got Rebels beat, though Rebels does its fair share of great world-building as well.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why do you think Rebels fails at being Serious?

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why? Because the villains are as threatening as teddy-bears, the plots are full of holes and the characters act like little children, including the so called adult members of the team.

21. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    To be fair if Rebels wasn't intended for kids we would have seen a lot more than that episode dealing with the captured Jedi Master who was actually already long dead and instead of confirming the Emperor had used Sith Alchemy to bind her spirit to her corpse just claimed it was a hologram which certainly doesn't work the way they initially showed it!

The exception is when Phoenix Squadron's red shirts get involved!

22. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Lol. Have you seen the entire Season 1 and 2? If so, do you really think they are that bad? Just embrace your inner kid while watching them. :p

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just watched the show and I love it's humor also Narra's species must make the worst spies. :p

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I love this series and truly anything lego. They have done excellent work for the star wars line. I am though not about to dish Rebels and say its ...........sucks. The show hasn't been bad at all, my biggest concern with that show are two things. The first one is that they don't add episodes in there just to extend what they originally had to tell. We saw what happened with TCW series. Instead of ending it properly, they extended it to the point that the you have almost close to what 24 to 28 episodes that are canon, not completed, not released, and who knows if ever they will. Yet every year there is always goo goo gaa gaa talk about how cool they would have been. The second one is that this show is tracking like TCW. The first season is always the beginning, the second one it picks up, and the third, fourth and hopefully fifth it kisses but. I'm hoping that this show gets at least five seasons and ends good. A compact story that tells a portion of the time line, in this new official way of doing things. While both points are really one when you think about it. The biggest fear for me is that this doesn't get a proper closing ending

25. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Have to admit the episodes of this and the other Lego Star Wars series have been remarkably imaginative!

Who didn't wonder why no one went back to reactivate those droid factories on Geonosis?

Who wouldn't kidnap R2!

An ancient Jedi Consular vessel carrying holocrons is found on a desert world now the Empire and your players are trying to hunt down these long lost relics of both the Sith Empire and the KOTOR Jedi... each one is priceless in its own right and you've got to catch them ALL![face_devil]

The Empire steals padawans light sabres to use their combined kyber crystal to create a series of force sensitive clones... given how the Emperor dealt with Luminara's remains do you think he'd deliberately try to create a new type of force user using the remains of all the Jedi he slain and kept in stasis?