main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Freemaker Adventures - LEGO TV Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You mean the thing about the Jedi trainees? But even in the original and prequel trilogies, you had Jedi that needed tons of time and training to get to where they were, and all that is still canon in the Disneyverse.

Anyway, the way Rowan was able to just grab the saber from Naare seemed really convenient. Oh well...I guess the writers wrote themselves into a corner and had no other way to defeat the bad guy with the sword of ultimate power. Also, how do we know that throwing the saber into the lava will destroy it? Like I mentioned above, better to give it the Sun Crusher treatment.

I think I liked the series more at the beginning when it was just plain goofy, humorous episodes...but eh oh well, I guess they needed to get on with telling the story eventually.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Watched the whole series in about two week and just finished the finale today, I really dug it. While I do quibble that the show isn't quite as funny as the earlier Lego Star Wars stuff (that is basically just constant jokes on top of jokes for 20 minutes straight), there is some truly hilarious bits in here. My favourite being episode 3 with Vader seeing the Naboo Starfighter and having a flashback to himself at the Battle of Naboo. 2nd favourie joke is totally when they're at Palpatine's museum and the holos of Palpatine are saying "Put your credits into the donation box and your journey towards my museum will be complete!" and "I'm afraid you'll find this restroom isn't quite operational."

Graballa and R0-GR are pretty fantastic additions to the Lego Star Wars world. Graballa had potential to be like the Hutt in the Clone Wars who got irritating real fast but Graballa in here is just hilarious because he's so scheming and loudly annoyed ("How many times have we lost these kids? I can't count!") Big props to Matt Wood for possibly putting in his best performance in all of his (rather wide-ranging) Star Wars work with R0-GR. He's just such a lovable screw up who keeps having terrible things happen to him and he just rolls with it. I especially loved his relating his autobiography "Chapter 1: Lo, I am created!" and how Rowan made him relive being chopped in half in the Clone Wars numerous times. (Awesome reference in episode 12 when Roawn uses a saber technique he learned by watching Anakin Skywalker chop up R0-GR and the Sith calls it as a Darth Vader technique).

It does get a bit more "serious" than the Lego Star Wars efforts in the past, however, after dozens of Lego Star Wars episodes and considering this is a straight story (neat continuity from episode to episode, by the way) they kind of have to have some heartfelt bits. And, to be honest, I thought they worked. Yes, Rowan basically becoming a Jedi in four eps is a bit ridiculous but I'm willing to let it slide due to the age group it's aimed it. The main character kind of has to learn it and he can learn it fast simply due to the show's vibe. Ezra in Rebels (or even Ashoka in Clone Wars) is a bit of a different story and it can / should / is stretched out longer.

I really like this show and it's a lot of fun, and I also enjoyed each episode sort of had a special guest star popping up. Luke, Leia, and more are all in it but don't seem as shoehorned into it and they don't take over the narrative. But it's a nice evolution of the Star Wars Lego story style by actually making an episodic show that takes a lot of PT era content and fuses it with an OT vibe and some ST stuff in there as well. The Freemakers themselves aren't quite the Ghost, they're more about looking out for their own family which fits. Though it worked well and hope there's a Season 2. Showed a few eps to my nieces and they seemed to enjoy it a lot so it definitely works for different audiences.

In Lego Star Wars it's been established that the characters can jump in and out of ships in space with no bother, from the earlier non-Freemaker episodes and even in Freemaker when the rich guy got blown up with the ship. (and this show does seem to share continuity with the earlier Lego Star Wars eps, with Jex being a big part of that connection.)

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, that makes me think of Lego Marvel Superheroes, where a whole bunch of characters get thrown into the vacuum of space, fall through the Earth's freaking atmosphere, then hit the ground with no parachute...and survive.

4. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    I gotta say I really, REALLY loved this series. I liked how it was slightly more serious than Yoda Chronicles while still providing the humor that makes LEGO Star Wars what it is. All the nerdy jokes and references throughout were a real treat.

And by far my favorite part of the finale:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.
  5. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I am a huge fan of bosses here: Palpatine, Graballa, they are so bad and so awesome :)
    I really enjoyed the series, even more than previous Lego SW where I found the humour a bit... forced after a while.
    I really do hope we get season 2. Freemakers and their new job - I can't wait :)

6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Have they mentioned anything about a second season yet?=D=

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    this is great , I'm about 4 eps in , love Vader & Emperor .

when is it set ? between ESB and ROJ?

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, between ESB & ROTJ. That'll become clear in a couple episodes.

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Anybody have any idea what happened to this series in the UK? Disney xd aired the first episode in mid July, but almost two months later, the second episode has still yet to be shown. The Disney xd UK website has no sign of it either??

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the UK is running episode 1 next Saturday morning at 8:29 AM just before the first Rebels season 3 episode. That's what my Sky TV program guide says.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Upping this for the UK folks. First episode wasn't bad. Disney XD will be running the series starting this week - Monday to Thursday at 4PM. (The way they repeat stuff other times are probably available).

12. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Just picked this up on DVD in Tesco today.
    Didn't see a Blu Ray version mind you!

13. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I really do like that show. Did you spot Ventress? (I shouldn't be here!)
    I think Naare is a crossing between Naat and Lare, that Nautolan from the Darth Plagueis-novel. I guess she will turn good in S. 2 after the freemakers will have her freed from the carbonite Graballa froze her in, for she has nobody else now to turn to.

Does anybody know if that female lieutenant Astock from "Crossing paths" where Kordi and Zander did hide Leia in the junk-facility, is popping up somewhere else in Canon or EU-legends?

14. GalenX_1399

GalenX_1399 Jedi Padawan

Mar 31, 2016
    Is this show even gonna be renewed for a second season? have heard no news about it.

15. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015

Seems pretty likely. There were a couple of sets shown at Toy Fair with new ships and minifigs. I;m hoping for an official announcement at celebration.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm hoping for a second season, boy that Roger is comical.

17. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Pretty sure season 2 was confirmed last year at Celebration and in subsequent interviews/tweets maybe

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    S2 officially confirmed!

along with shorts
    http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-star-wars-the-freemaker-adventures-season-2-coming-this-summer

BigAl6ft6 and bdh1138 like this.
  19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    cool look forward to it.

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Roger and that funny Hutt are back. Its going to be good. Hope they up the episode count though.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Holy crap so this means at least Hera lives past Rebels and is active between ESB and RotJ! That's awesome!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I'm interested to see if the Shorts pick up right after "Return of the Kyber Saber"

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice! And looks like a good amount of their supporting cast is returning as well, plus Quarrie and I'm guessing a bunch of other guest appearances.
    Possibly. LEGO canon runs "perpendicular" to regular canon, so while it might overlap in some areas, it can differ in others.

24. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Yeah that's true. But part of me thinks Dave wouldn't let them bring Hera on if she's dead by this time.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This show isn't Canon though.

Well in that case Hondo is still alive then!