main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

French Pancakes

Discussion in 'Pancakes and Waffles Forum' started by The Regular Mustache, Jul 9, 2018.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Are pancakes made in France considered French Pancakes? Also how do they compare to Belgian Waffles?

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  2. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    @The Regular Mustache pancakes in France don't really exist. They have crepes though, which are like really, really thin pancakes. They are eaten both sweet and sour, and are absolutely nothing like Belgian waffles. I hope that helps, :)

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    one time when I was visiting my aunt in Pleasanton California my aunt made Sourdough pancakes with sourdough she made up homemade they tasted like crepes they were delicious! we had sunny side up eggs with it and had chocolate sauce to top it off! my aunt went to Paul Smiths cooking school in the Adirondacks New York!

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Im curious about the difference between crepes and what my family called Swedish pancakes. My mom makes pancakes the consistency and size of crepes, but they’re with jam and powdered sugar and they’re from the recipes on my dad’s side of the family, where his grandfather immigrated from Sweden.